• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Goldsickle

Oh wow, I gained a new follower in this art website and he also draws some art of his own.
Lemme check his stuff.

.... oh crap, he draws gore... must close tab...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
This poor dog, man. I'm starting to think his gastrointestinal distress is directly linked to any time he's having severe allergies (or in this case, possibly mange; the olive oil treatment on his raw patches seems to be helping some, so here's hoping we don't have to worry about any vet visits like we did end of April/start of May). His immune system must be lousy. Aside from letting up on spoiling him (i.e. helping him lose weight since he's gotten a little pudge) we might need to look into immune-boosting supplements (and more gastro-soothing food).

Either way, I hope he and I get a good sleep for once, because the last few nights have sucked. x_x

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Rebel Dynasty have you ever asked the vet about a lysine supplement? Our cats are on it and, without it, they tend to have what looks like really severe allergy symptoms (it's not allergies, it's an immune system thing and a sinus thing). Dunno if dogs present similarly, but might help? I hope he'll be okay. <3 (And that you can both sleep!)

-
Thinking:
One day of social media and I wanna be on hiatus again. x_x

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Rebel Dynasty have you ever asked the vet about a lysine supplement? Our cats are on it and, without it, they tend to have what looks like really severe allergy symptoms (it's not allergies, it's an immune system thing and a sinus thing). Dunno if dogs present similarly, but might help? I hope he'll be okay. <3 (And that you can both sleep!)

-
Thinking:
One day of social media and I wanna be on hiatus again. x_x

Thank you. <3 He's doing a fair bit better on the gastro end, so there's that. Tomorrow we'll be getting him some antiparisitic shampoo, so we'll probably ask the pet store if they have any recommendations for immune system boosters based on his symptoms. -Fingers crossed this doesn't become a regular issue-

I feel you on the social media front. A hiatus sounds really good right about now. ._.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
All these industry personalities talking about the "advantages" of 30 FPS over 60, how they can't "force" devs to target 60 etc, gotta choose between graphics and framerate...

We get it, despite all that alleged power and PS5's SSD that can apparently resurrect the dead, next gen's standard will once again be 30 FPS. Just say it out loud.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Thinking about a proper way to tell my husband I want a tattoo.

We've talked about it for a couple of times and he doesn't like it at all. It would be important for me, hope he accepts it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin

We've talked about it for a couple of times and he doesn't like it at all. It would be important for me, hope he accepts it.
Steve doesn't like tattoos. I have 9.

A compromise could be he can get involved in the creative process or that you can have it somewhere easily covered up?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Steve doesn't like tattoos. I have 9.

A compromise could be he can get involved in the creative process or that you can have it somewhere easily covered up?

My husband would never force me to obey his opinion about my looks, so it's not that I can't have it (although you didn't say that either). I just don't like doing long-lasting or permanent changes to my body without consulting him. Yeah I know it sounds like I'm thinking my body is his property but it's not that. :thumbsup:

The creative process isn't very much to get involved in. It would be a semicolon tattoo. You know, just a " ; ", nothing more. It would be located on my left wrist, it could be easily covered with a plaster, some makeup or even a piece of jewelry or a wrist watch. And as it would be small and under my wrist it's not very noticeable.

The symbolism behind a semicolon might bother him though.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My husband would never force me to obey his opinion about my looks, so it's not that I can't have it (although you didn't say that either). I just don't like doing long-lasting or permanent changes to my body without consulting him. Yeah I know it sounds like I'm thinking my body is his property but it's not that. :thumbsup:

The creative process isn't very much to get involved in. It would be a semicolon tattoo. You know, just a " ; ", nothing more. It would be located on my left wrist, it could be easily covered with a plaster, some makeup or even a piece of jewelry or a wrist watch. And as it would be small and under my wrist it's not very noticeable.

The symbolism behind a semicolon might bother him though.
Nah, no worries - didn't think it was that kind of relationship. And it's completely respectful to share these sorts of things with a spouse - indeed, if someone didn't I'd be asking them why. Tattoos are forever (unless painfully lasered off) so you're both right to be cautious.

And I have that same tattoo, on my left wrist. It was my first one and it was before I even knew there was an entire movement based on it. Every single tattoo I have means something to me and that one is one of my more personal ones (the other being the feet of my twins who died before birth).

The symbolism for me is about not giving up, about choosing to carry on, regardless of what happens. With my history, it has powerful connotations.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
The symbolism for me is about not giving up, about choosing to carry on, regardless of what happens. With my history, it has powerful connotations.

Quite similar here. Trigger warning in the spoiler below.

I tried to take my own life when I was 16yo. There are lifetime scars in my wrist.

Now that I'm starting psychotherapy this month, to finally get through the crap I had to face every day with my mother, to get rid of the nightmares and hearing her voice every time I fail in anything, I thought that a semicolon on my wrist might be a good reminder of the strength I needed to be still alive today. It would be a "make sure it wasn't all in vain" -type of reminder.

---

I don't know if I've mentioned it but I've been suffering from BED (binge eating disorder) for some years, fighting to get over it for a year now. I can't remember when was the last time I had troubles with eating so I started to think that maybe I'm over it.
Yeah, I guess I am... lost 10 kgs (22 lbs) during the summer. I nearly cried when I saw those numbers.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Quite similar here. Trigger warning in the spoiler below.

I tried to take my own life when I was 16yo. There are lifetime scars in my wrist.

Now that I'm starting psychotherapy this month, to finally get through the crap I had to face every day with my mother, to get rid of the nightmares and hearing her voice every time I fail in anything, I thought that a semicolon on my wrist might be a good reminder of the strength I needed to be still alive today. It would be a "make sure it wasn't all in vain" -type of reminder.

---

I don't know if I've mentioned it but I've been suffering from BED (binge eating disorder) for some years, fighting to get over it for a year now. I can't remember when was the last time I had troubles with eating so I started to think that maybe I'm over it.
Yeah, I guess I am... lost 10 kgs (22 lbs) during the summer. I nearly cried when I saw those numbers.
Good on you - these are hard things to deal with and move on from, but they shape a person and make them who they are now.

CT: no longer overheating but now summer has disappeared behind grey clouds and mugginess. Can't catch a break in the UK :laugh:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I don't remember a time when I wasn't tired. Even a decent night's sleep isn't enough anymore. O_O

+I hope this shampoo helps. I don't think it's mange anymore (as he doesn't have flaking), but it's definitely either allergies or some sort of dermatitis--or both, because the former can lead to the latter. He's also on a powdered supplement to improve skin and coat health (targeting allergy issues), so fingers crossed he'll be 100% better in no time. At least the gastro issue is gone...

++The black bears are getting bolder again. Broad daylight, mom with her cubs. A few hours later, a lone bear. Later that same night, crashing through the brush directly behind my house. Kaz charging the fence is going to be the death of me. What happened to the quivering pup that ran away from danger? :dead:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium

After taking the last week off we are back at it with the podcast. This one's rather chill. Go listen to my friend dunk on the Avengers beta, it is hilarious.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ordering a food shop for delivery between 6 and 8am.

What stupidity encouraged me to do this??

I'm not catching a flight; I shouldn't be up at this crazy hour for anything.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

"Go for it, dear."
"... go for it? I mean... we've talked about this, and I thought you...?"
"I don't like tattoos by default, that's true. But I can see why this is important for you, so go ahead. As long as it's safe and not done by some home-made artist high on crack with Chinese low-cost ink, I don't have anything against it. Just have it done by a professional and it's fine. And as you said, it'll be easy to cover if your job needs it to be covered, so it's not a problem. Just keep it safe."

I love this man.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Welp, Kaz definitely is going to the vet. Either the shampoo made it worse, or it was heading that way anyway--either way, he needs treatment. Seeing how adversely this is affecting him is killing me. I can just imagine the misery he's going through right now (considering I stayed up with him most of the night...)

+And now I have a cold. Fantastic. ._.

Top Bottom