• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I'm thinking about a user here who has been online though, but I haven't heard of them for a while and they haven't written any posts so I'm just wondering if I should send them a message :frown:

Also there is a writing contest which I would like to participate, if I can get my ongoing manuscript ready on time... The winner gets 5k € and a publishing contract.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm thinking the NHS policy between doctors and dentists verges on negligent. So I've got a problem that needs dealing with at the hospital, regular dentists won't do it, so they're going to send me to a surgeon, who needs a consultation even though I've already had 2 of those plus x-rays at the dentist, so that's 2 journeys out of county which I'm going to have to wait a month for probably, minimum... in the meantime the symptoms are doing me in and my GP refuses to shell out antibiotics for it because "only dentists are insured for that", i.e. giving meds out for health problems caused by dental problems. Also I could tell she thought the whole idea that my symptoms are linked to a tooth problem amusing from the look on her face... so what is causing it then, Scotch mist? So now I gotta go beg the dentist for meds and if she wants to charge me £30 odd just to walk in and have her fill out a prescription she already knows I need ongoing, and need because she refuses to have a go at the tooth, I'm not gonna be chuffed. It took me 25 mins on phone just to get the hospital to locate my referral form and give me a consultation estimate, and the secretary working for my dentist failed to phone me back about the meds when she said she would. This should probably be in the ranting thread. I'm not gonna have much good to say about BUPA at the end of all of this, or the way the NHS splits responsibility up between GPs and dentists so that they won't communicate and don't think a dental problem can also become a health problem.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Went and saw Toy Story 4. It was pretty good. I liked the other 3 more but to be fair, I like the other 3 more than a lot of Pixar movies.
The magic of Pixar will go away as new technologies are developed. Toy Story 5 or whatever comes next will bomb eventually.

In fact, I'm surprised it even sold tickets in today's graphics heavy market.
Everyone else moaning about the heat but im happy we finally have a glimmer of summer and I know 30 degrees is hot for England but get a cold beer and enjoy it (unless like me you are at work), its nothing compared to some places.
You guys have that easy. Imagine having 70-100 degrees. Even when you stay in your house, it's still hot. I endured that in the last week or so now. I almost couldn't breathe.
I've seen about a million people complaining about others complaining about Tifa's breasts, and yet I haven't seen a single person actually complaining about them.
That's because nobody gives a **** about those losers.

TIFA LOOKS FINE!
(Not directed at you, just those whiny babies.)

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
You guys have that easy. Imagine having 70-100 degrees. Even when you stay in your house, it's still hot. I endured that in the last week or so now. I almost couldn't breathe.

While I'll be the first to complain that having 100F+ heat is The Worst™, keep in mind that people's bodies adjust to the climate they're in--it might seem like a low temp for you, but they're not used to it--as well as the fact that a lot of buildings in cooler climates don't have AC and/or were built to retain heat to keep the buildings warmer in the winter. Also keep in mind that some people are very heat-sensitive. Most people aren't complaining for no reason.

Thinking:
Hmm, not sure if I like my new glasses. Cute, but I'm not sure if they're really...me.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Lol, Drakan's comment about 30° was in Celsius. During last month's heatwave, we here reached a peak of 95°F if I recall. Add in the humidity factor and it can make summers here deadly, literally in some unfortunate circumstances. :dead:

Dark Drakan

Admin

As Shadow said, the only thing we don’t have is air conditioning, besides big supermarkets we just don’t tend to have it anywhere. Even when it’s only 30’s outside it can get MUCH hotter indoors and tends to be no breeze. Plus our homes are all insulated to retain heat so they just don’t cool down.

Our heat is more humidity than actual heat too, my wife had some Australian relatives over who live in middle of nowhere and it gets insanely hot there in summer and even they were saying the heat here was a completely different sort of heat than they were used to.

I like it hot though and always pick holidays where it’s over 35/40 degrees. Las Vegas was last holiday and was around 45/48 degrees then.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I can't remember the last time I slept in that late, but I hope I'm not looking at a new paradigm. I'm not a morning person, but I dislike late starts to the day even more; always leaves me feeling discombobulated. ._.

+I kind of hope this is the last time I go through the whole "read/edit through everything previously written because I'm stuck on the current part" thing. It's a call-back to early days, which in some ways I like; it's comforting to revisit something that worked for me before. But I also feel like it's slowing me down a lot. ^^;

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I love how a book geared toward children just happens to mention a bunch of faeries slipping past a sleeping Peter on their way home from an orgy.

I am so, so glad I'm listening to this. I have a feeling it just wouldn't have the same impact in print. :laugh:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I like that british English has a different sound for the 'a' in "can" and "can't" as opposed to american English, makes it easier to understand which of the two you're using. But oh my god I can't stand the sound of of the latter.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I finally got the balls (lol I'm a female but you got the point) to cut my mother off, after a terrible childhood, years of physical and emotional violence, constant insults and manipulation and narsissistic behavior, which all followed me for 26 years, until this very day.

I couldn't be more relieved. I'm finally free.

I am free.

Top Bottom