• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I must confess that I nearly crapped myself this morning.

It was 4AM and pitch black, I was on my way to work when I decided to take a shortcut by cutting through some fields when suddenly I saw some glowing green lights in the distance. The lights were in a circular formation and they were just floating in the air about 3/4 of a metre off the ground. And then the lights started moving slowly towards me and I was so lost and confused as to what to do...

It was a dog. A big black dog with a fluorescent green collar that glows in the dark. And now I feel stupid.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Lain Oh gods, don't. I think just about anyone would've been spooked by that. When you said circular formation, I thought you meant spaced out, so my first thought was coyotes or something. ^^; Glad it wasn't anything nefarious in the end.

CT: It's nice being back to actual writing, even if I am stuck in a perpetual limbo of "This is going smoothly" and "I bet it's all crap". x_x

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
@Lain Oh gods, don't. I think just about anyone would've been spooked by that. When you said circular formation, I thought you meant spaced out, so my first thought was coyotes or something. ^^; Glad it wasn't anything nefarious in the end.
Thankfully we don't have coyotes or anything like that here - at most just angry sheep. Y'know, my first thought was fireflies due to how erratically the orbs were moving through the air that I was convinced that it couldn't be the eyes of an animal or anything.

I actually ended up walking past the dog's owner eventually and he looked at me as I was staring at the dog that had walked up to me and he was about to say something when I just gave him the pointer finger and said "don't" before storming off embarrassed. :unsure:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I love how the UK has more issues with domestic animals than wildlife. It's just so... British.

I mean, we got animals that sound terrifying in the middle of the night but ultimately, the most common creature you're ever going to encounter in the wild with any regularity is a disgruntled squirrel.

Fox will raid your bins, deer will damage your car (if you hit one), sheep just get in the way once they escape from fields and block roads...hedgehogs around here are getting a bit big, mind. Some are too fat for the hedgehog huts we sell at the shop I work in - perhaps they are mutating into Uberhogs?

Think the worst thing I have ever encountered in terms of terrifying is a wasp. Fudging hate wasps...

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
Why do people on Twitter censor people's names with *'s? They know that those people won't come out of their phones/computers/whatever if they just type the name out regularly, right?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Why do people on Twitter censor people's names with *'s? They know that those people won't come out of their phones/computers/whatever if they just type the name out regularly, right?
1. Because they're a bunch of scared little pansies, that's why.
2. Twitter filters your tweets through a profanity filter.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I wonder if I can alternate between Static and Shattered Time? Technically getting the latter done first is of greater import, since it ties in to the WoN trilogy (and the other companion novels in The Spectrum Chronicles). And it's not as though I need to rush with Static, since it's a standalone...but I also don't want to leave it for a long period of time.

I just get the feeling if I try to juggle them, I'll be biting off more than I can chew right now. But on the other hand, it might make this month go a bit faster... :unsure:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ubisoft: "If players didn’t buy loot boxes/crates, they would not be added into games.".

You know, sad but true. You can go at companies like Ubisoft for putting microtransactions in games, but players needed this slap in the face (never heard of any publisher just saying that blatantly and out loud like that) to be reminded that THEY are also at fault for it. Time for gamers to accept their share of responsibilities for bad stuff in the industry for once.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Ubisoft: "If players didn’t buy loot boxes/crates, they would not be added into games.".

You know, sad but true. You can go at companies like Ubisoft for putting microtransactions in games, but players needed this slap in the face (never heard of any publisher just saying that blatantly and out loud like that) to be reminded that THEY are also at fault for it. Time for gamers to accept their share of responsibilities for bad stuff in the industry for once.
You gotta understand, to make the content, it costs money. Every character, every polygon, every weapon, every special effect, every map, every area, and so on and on... they cost man power (labor), cost money to create them. So, when people complain that they were cut from the final game, people don't understand why, well it's because of money. It's not because they don't want to add it, it's because they have to think about two things: Does it fit in the game itself, and how much space do I have in this disc...? But once you decide to cut that piece of game, you lost money somehow. Every employee working is by the hour. So, every time an employee has an idea, either he goes through with the idea, or the person above him decides "no." Remember: He is sucking up the working capital of the company. In the early days, DLC was done through expansion packs, it sold well, but not enough to consider an upgrade. DLC was born out of necessity to replace the cost of releasing expansion packs.

I don't think the problem is DLC, the problem is UbiSoft, EA, and Activision are pushing for more DLC sales by evil means. Battlefront 2 is the perfect example of this.

And.. yes, gamers need to take responsibility for buying invasive money schemes like lootboxes/crates, microtransactions. I doubt that microtransactions are "bad." Just, Battlefront 2 is the poster boy for "how not to monetize players," but it seems like nobody listened. Fortnite on the other hand is showing the world that microtransactions aren't the problem. Battlefront 2 is showing the world that the problem is going overboard.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm exhausted in every sense of the word. Despite my grandmother's passing, I'm actually doing okay. Probably because 1) I was mentally preparing myself for this two months ago, and 2) Distance prevents it from hitting me all at once. Oh, and bonus, 3) Because so much has been going on of late, kicking my anxiety (and the anger that comes with it) into such high levels, I don't think I have the energy or capacity to grieve. Work/burying myself in fictional worlds seems to be exactly what I need to prevent myself from teetering over the edge.

Sorry, everyone. I hope I'm not bringing anyone down. ._.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanna rewatch daredevil season 3.

My crush on Starfire's actress confirms i have a type/fetish (is this the same thing?)

Yesterday i did a bad rendition of the doctor's confrontation of the master in one of the audio dramas. I really need to get a life.....

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So my cousins put my grandparents through all this trouble because they claimed they wanted to visit. So my grandparents cleared their schedule, got everything ready to deal with their dietary restrictions, and all this other stuff...cousins never showed up. :/ And they wonder why no one over here is ever eager to see them.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
The strangest thing happened last night. A cat that would mew mew around with our cat was chilling out on the porch. The weird thing is, our cat disappeared months ago. So, later in the night I was walking by the front door and I swear I saw what appeared to be our cat strolling up to the porch. I tried to open the door but as soon as the door knob moved the cat ran off.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It be cool if Jared Harris could play Aberforth in a future Fantastic Beasts movie. People wanted him to play young Dumbledore before Jude Law was revealed to be cast.

I thought it was a fun meta joke.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I really hope her queries go well. This story is absolutely enthralling, and it would be a pity for the trad publishers to miss out. Giving me serious The Last Magician meets Six of Crows vibes. And something else that I can't quite put my finger on. Either way, way too good to be thrown onto the slush pile.

+Oh, hot chocolate, how I've missed you. <3

++I really should try to get some work done...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I have the urge to compose, but 1) I've never done it before and don't quite know how I'd do it (I also don't have any blank sheet music) and 2) don't have any space to set up anything other than my violin...which Rosie keeps trying to attack. Hmm....

+ OOOOHHH! Oh! Someone finally caught that easter egg! Gods, I have the urge to break out the evil villain laugh and I don't know why.
++ I was expecting that comment to go in completely the opposite direction. That was nice of them.

Top Bottom