• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Viper

Premium
Me talking Devil May Cry with some random fan.

Me: I thought the Ebony and Ivory designs were pretty cool in the new game. They look like some supernaturally forged firearm.

Other guy: I don't know, it's kinda stupid and doesn't make sense to me. The handles are curved leaving no room for any kind of clips to load the gun.
Disappointed-Terrible-Awful-OMG-Embarassed-Embarassing-WTF-GIF.gif

Me: When has Dante ever had to reload?
You know, I always found this interesting...
The design of original Ebony&Ivory implies use of bullets, in fact, they were just heavily modified regular guns according to the novel. But reloading would get into way of fast-paced combat this type of game offers, so Dante was made to never reload, and now people think he does some magical mumbo-jumbo to his guns, even though I don't recall that ever being said.
I always kind of took it as him being super fast at it.

I don't want to think where he pulls all those extra clips from, though. XD

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You know, I always found this interesting...
The design of original Ebony&Ivory implies use of bullets, in fact, they were just heavily modified regular guns according to the novel. But reloading would get into way of fast-paced combat this type of game offers, so Dante was made to never reload, and now people think he does some magical mumbo-jumbo to his guns, even though I don't recall that ever being said.
I always kind of took it as him being super fast at it.

I don't want to think where he pulls all those extra clips from, though. XD
It's never denied either. They just kind of roll with him always having ammo.

In my Devil May Cry story, I keep the infinite ammo perk and will poke fun at it. However, my explanation is that they are specially modified with a built in charm to materialize Dante's demonic energy in to physical projectiles. In his case, bullets for Ebony and Ivory that never run out.

Dante's amulet is also specifically linked to Rebellion allowing him to call it and materialize the weapon behind his back. Similar to how he does in DmC.

Speaking of which......

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
It's never denied either. They just kind of roll with him always having ammo.

In my Devil May Cry story, I keep the infinite ammo perk and will poke fun at it. However, my explanation is that they are specially modified with a built in charm to materialize Dante's demonic energy in to physical projectiles. In his case, bullets for Ebony and Ivory that never run out.

Dante's amulet is also specifically linked to Rebellion allowing him to call it and materialize the weapon behind his back. Similar to how he does in DmC.
It would be interesting to see at least one mission where it's taken in consideration, but I guess in Dante's case running out of ammo wouldn't be all that frustrating like in some other games, he still has other weapons and his trusty sword.

I once gave my character a weapon working on similar principle, the modified gun had engravings infused with dark magic and they would fill up with color according to the adrenaline level (for humans, with demons it would function based on their demonic energy), "cloning" bullets as the gun was used. The more the bar was filled up, the more copies it created. It needed reloading at some point, though.

Edit: Adding wireless headphones to my growing list of things to buy, I am tired of my leg getting caught in wire.

Last edited:

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
I am the very model of a scientist salarian
I've studied species turian, asari, and batarian
I'm quite good at genetics as a subset of biology because I am an expert which I know is a tautology
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian
I am the very model of a scientist salarian

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yay, kiddo's on puffer again. >.> Well, at least it's not as bad as I feared--I was thinking pneumonia; but no, just mild asthma...which she always winds up with, in the midst of a bad cold (third time she's been on puffers).

+ This has not been a particularly productive day. *Sigh* I wonder if I'll be able to turn it around?

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
CT: HAHAHAHAH! I'm so prevy. XD Made a fanfiction of two of my guild mates characters. I didn't expect the positive feed back the fic would get. lol X3 Nor did I think I would be writing more of it. =3 I may even post a link to it, but not sure. lol I'm kinda happy they all liked it though.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yesterday, I got hit on like 4 times when out in public with my buddy. By both guys and girls. Not gonna lie, was rather flattering. I told my girlfriend and she said her co workers think I'm hot too. :blush:

In other news, I challenged our very own fellow Devil hunter TwoxAcross in Smash Bros. for WiiU last night and won! For the most part. He got some wins on me too. One was just because I got carried upwards out of the stage due to a platform that rose. :facepalm:

Pretty evenly matched though. Anyone else on the forum want to settle in Smash and join us?

SETTLE IT IN SMASH!

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Getting tired of the implication that I must be insecure about myself if I'm eating healthy. Uh, no. I happen to like the way some healthy things taste and I also happen to like that they give me energy that I don't crash from in an hour.

...'sides, I still eat junk food just as often. Just try to keep it somewhat balanced.

+ Logan? Please? Cooperate with me today? I don't have the patience for this. >_<

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I was listening to this person speaking Japanese, and I thought he sounded so cool. Then I heard him speaking English and I was thinking 'he sounds so uncool now, like a totally different person.'

I wonder why it is that when we speak different languages we sound like totally different people? I was told when I speak French that I sound 'geeky'. What is that even supposed to mean?!:laugh: But when I speak Japanese, sometimes I sound like a drunk Japanese salary man. :laugh:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
At first I thought I was watching a serious program on the crime channel, but it turns out it was an advert for 'marmite abuse'. I'm not sure what to make of a commercial that seemed at first like it was a serious abuse documentary. But I guess that's what happens when I'm not paying attetion to the TV and then suddenly decide to pay attention to it. :facepalm::tongue:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Okay, I'm fairly certain kiddo's coughing is just getting worse, not better.

I wonder how sure the doctor was that it's mild asthma? I know she's had it before, but any time she took her puffers back then, she would show signs of improvement--not of getting worse.

If by the end of the week she's still seal-barking like she is now, she's going back to the doctor/hospital.

Top Bottom