• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Lol I must ask this......yuki or kyo xD Im sorry I had too!!!!

LOL Oh dear...um....can't I just say both? To be honest, I think they both had their good points...but Yuki was my favorite of the pair. ^^; *can't remember his name, but adored the guy they lived with*

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
LOL Oh dear...um....can't I just say both? To be honest, I think they both had their good points...but Yuki was my favorite of the pair. ^^; *can't remember his name, but adored the guy they lived with*
Oh you mean Shigure :D!! Omg i love him he's such a perv I love it!! I wub my Kyo-Kyo.....

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
The Oceans by Ellen J. Prager with Sylvia A. Earle. Not a story but it's about underwater creatures and how most corals and fish are slowly becoming destroyed (just to list a couple).

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
The last book I read was the "Enchanted Forest Chronicles (Dealing with Dragons, Searching for Dragons, Calling on Dragons, and Talking to Dragons) And now I find out their is a part 5!!! I read these books in 2002 if I'm not mistaken they were great thou.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Grave Thief. God, how am I managing to feel bad for this random guy who got turned into a monster? >_> He's nameless and I still feel bad for him! >_<

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Wizard and Glass. Haven't read a Stephen King book in a while, probably wouldn't have done either if a friend didn't pick it up for me.

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
A Tale of Two Cities/The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Gotta love English class for interfering with my personal reading time >:

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Those CD pamphlets with the lyrics on them....its not Green Day or anything...

>.>
<.<

Okay..maybe it is >.>

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Alan Wake by Rick Burroughs.

It sucks. It's like reading a book with half the pages missing. I literally have no idea what's going on half the time and there is a lot of presumption that you know stuff which is pertinent to the storyline but that the author has no intention of explaining if you don't. This is unforgivable and a sign of terrible writing, in my view. Under no circumstances should you ever finish a chapter with one scenario and then continue it in the next with a bunch of new characters that just appear out of nowhere without any explanation as to how or why they are there. Example:

End of chapter: The corridor was deserted. There was no one left apart from himself and the dark was returning. He turned the handle and went into the empty office.

Beginning of next chapter: "So how do you think we'll get out of here?" Barry asked as Alan went through the files on the desk.

Seriously, what? The book is FULL of scenarios like this; it's patchy, lacklustre and a thoroughly unenjoyable read. When an author writes for a video game, it would really help if they could write in the first place. And never ever presume that the game should fill in the gaps for the reader - this is lazy writing and a complete turn-off for someone like me who might never play the game but is fascinated by the story and would like to read it.

Also, don't do the David Michael's thing of over-explaining everything like he does in HAWX. Why on earth would two pilots talk to one another, explaining every acronym in detail even though they both ought to know, as pilots, what they mean without defining them? If you have to use acronyms and you need to explain them, then for goodness sake don't do within a character conversation if both of them are familiar with the terms in the first place. It's just dumb. I know it's for the benefit of the reader but seriously - find a more creative and less patronising way of getting that information across.

/literary rant.

Top Bottom