• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Ngsmam.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
In preparation for the Ghibli film "When Marnie Was There" which releases in the UK later today, I've been re-reading the book the film was based on.

Anna really reminds me of when I was a kid. This was probably one of my favourite books growing up.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I've got a stack of books to read before next Camp NaNo, if I want to work on this horror fic:

The Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe
The Essential Dracula
by Bram Stoker (it's an extended edition)
The Best of HP Lovecraft: Black Seas of Infinity
The Picture of Dorian Gray
by Oscar Wilde
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

So many books...Frankenstein and Dorian Gray are the shortest of the lot, so I think I'll put those off. Lovecraft and Poe are probably going to be what I focus on for mood stuff. Still...so many words....

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Catching up on my Wattpad reading list. My current list consists of:

Ongoing stories that I read each time they're updated:

-Of Shadow and Stone by Gillian Pegg
-Moonlight Secrets by J.L. Weaver
-The Monster Garden by J.L. Weaver
-Adaleide Over the Bridge by Cliff Jones, Jr.
-Curse of Blood by Jeanine Croft
-Beyond the Starline by Austin Hackney

Stories I'm trying to catch up on, both ongoing and completed:
-Whitecliff Academy by David Musk
-Reyr the Gold by Addicted2Dragons
-The Calling of Time by E. Latimer

Once a fair chunk of that has been read through, I'll move onto one of the books on my shelf. ^^;

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
That sounds...um...hmm.... I'm intrigued. What genre is it? Is it any good?

Yup, fairly. It's a sequel. ^^ The first book is Adaleide in Ozghard. The story is heavily inspired by Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz. If you're interested, I'd recommend the first book; otherwise it gets pretty confusing. (That, and the first one is quite polished, while the sequel is still in the first draft stages).

Edit June 24 and 25: Since I caught up on all but one of the stories from my Wattpad list, I read "Conrad's Fate" by Diana Wynne Jones Saturday, and I've begun rereading The Forbidden Game trilogy for...I think the fifth time, now? I can't remember. Julian always makes me want to go back. ^^; Damn him for being such an enticing character...

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just finished "Dead Man's Land" by Robert Ryan.

It's basically a "sequel" to the Sherlock Holmes stories and is set during World War One with Dr. Watson returning to the army to serve his country. Eventually a string of mysterious deaths occurs and Watson decides to emulate Holmes and investigate.

But this isn't really about the murders but more focused on Watson as a character and the new younger cast who act as a foil to him. A decent period drama though sub-par for a detective story.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The Killing Circle by Andrew Pyper. Apparently the copy my friend lent me is an uncorrected proof (according to the back cover) so I'm not sure how it compares to the finished product. But so far, so good. :thumbsup:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

How're you finding it?

--
Reading fanfics, mainly. Schooling Pride by AnaChromystic which is difficult to describe, but well done (and an AU of an AU!), Overexposed by littleblue_eyedbird which is really just shameless naughtiness, and Black Coral by playwithdinos which is...a strange AU, but I really like it...I just dunno how to describe it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
How're you finding it?
Really very good. The wit is, as usual, beautifully subtle and he manages to represent both hedonism and a more balanced lifestyle without seeming to favour one over the other, despite his personal excesses at the time and his views expressed in the preface.

Just finished it and it was a brilliant ending. Tempted to watch the film now, but I don't want it to disappoint me. Hopefully it's not too different.

Top Bottom