• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
550096_328572597208953_132429953489886_841187_237384737_n.jpg

S.F.W

King of Hearts
Currently, i'm finishing the Inheritance cycle with the book "Inheritance" by Christopher Paolini. I recommend this series, starting with the book Eragon. I've stayed with the series since 2006 and haven't regretted a single thing.
Also, I just finished "Side Jobs" by Jim Butcher. Its part of the Harry Dresden Files, and I also recommend this series.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Torment by Lauren Kate.
I keep forgetting that the setting is in the UK. It so totally stuffs up the characters when I don't get them right in my head the first time. Bleah.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Rereading Fable shorts by Peter David. The Reaver one was excellant (in character, funny, just the right amount of danger to balance out the over-the-topness of a certain someone), but I just can't bring myself to like the Jack of Blades one. The plot was a good idea, the way we know nothing about Xiro was nice...at first. But, after everything happened (I don't want to spoil it too much for anyone who wants to but hasn't yet read it), we still know nothing about the MC. The best line in it was:

He leaned in toward her, closer than he’d ever been, almost eye to eye, and when he spoke, it was as if he had opened a small door into her brain and poured in an army of black spiders to work their will upon her:
“I’m not a Hero.”
And she began to scream and never, ever stopped.

Okay...well, how did he do it? Who the hell is this guy? It's certainly not JoB...or is he? Mr. David, did you just completely fool all of us twice in one short? Or did you just get lazy and not know how to end the story? It feels like he didn't enjoy writing it, which makes me not enjoy reading it. It's too fast-paced and it feels like there should be an epilogue or some extra chapter that just isn't there.

I dunno, maybe I'm just being spoiled or something. It was a let down, in my opinion, that makes me nervous for the Theresa one. ...I'm gonna shut up now. *hides*

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Torment by Lauren Kate.
I keep forgetting that the setting is in the UK. It so totally stuffs up the characters when I don't get them right in my head the first time. Bleah.

I always have that problem when reading. If they don't say right off the bat what they look like or where they're from, my brain runs its own random generic character creator for me. A book I recently read was set in London so brain puts everyone on auto-cockney then a few chapters in, the book decided to tell me that they are an Irish family. Ya think I can give ‘em all Irish accents now!? *sigh* >_>

Anyways, I’m reading three books again.. :/

The Business by Martina Cole

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams

Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Passion by Lauren Kate.
1 - Some of these concepts sound a whole lot like my friend's manuscript. I'm in a toss-up about whether to suggest she reads this series to get an idea of how to pull it off, or to just shut up incase it does the opposite of what I want it to and discourages her to the extent of scrapping her novel. :/
2 - Ohhhhh Daniel *swoons*
3 - I thought this was a TRILOGY! COME ON! WHY ME? WHYYYYYY?!?!?!?!
4 - I'd just like to make it clear that I am anti celestialXmortal romance. Euw. No, seriously. Euw.
5 - Angel of the silent watchers, the Grigori. Sweet. Now I know the silent watchers are the Announcers, but why you no state so specifically author! Or have I got it wrong? And if I do, wth are the silent watchers?
6 - Can NOT believe somebody already called dibs on the term Watcher. Stuff you Lauren Kate, I'll think of something more creative then!!! :mad:
7 - Oh yeah. The next best thing to hit the literary scene is soooo going to be the whole angelXmortal romance thing. I'd watch the movie if they turned this series into a movie. With some fine tuning.
8 - The first book was painful to read. Not Twilight painful but still pretty uneventful and confusing as hell. It took me several days to read it. The third book? I read it in TWO days. Yep. I just finished it today. Because I couldn't sleep last night because I HAD TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS JUST HAPPENING SO FAST AND I DON'T WANT TO MISS A SECOND OF IT.
9 - Very good reading material. I'd recommend it to anyone who has the munchies for some demon/angel/mortal teenage drama.
10 - I also think Daniel's got one up on Julian with this. He gets more....whoa. Fanfic alert. *runs off to write fanfic* Muahahahaha.

Top Bottom