• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon ans Style review; Eryx and new gun moves

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
What they didn't need was a dedicated launch button, put evade there, lock on where it's supposed to be, everyone's happy.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
What they didn't need was a dedicated launch button, put evade there, lock on where it's supposed to be, everyone's happy.
They would have to change the whole Demon - Angel weapon switch system for that, imbossibru at this moment. We just need to adapt to something new.
Aren't we known for the insane dexterity and mastery of the controller? :D If so, this should be taken as a challenge to be accepted
24999726.jpg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You do realise that pressing R1 and R2 at the same time takes two fingers and then you can't press anything cause your thumb is holding the controller...

On the other hand in a big crowd, lock-on might switch the camera into an unfavorable angle...
And it's not that big deal anyways, Ninja Gaiden could manage without it, same with GOW, Lords of Shadow... even in other DMC's you can manage without it, lock-on is there to help you with bad camera, but if the camera is ok you don't really need it...
Trust me using 2 fingers for R1/R2/L2 buttons is not that hard...I was practicing with it and it feels fine but may vary for gameplay purposes but I do do that when playing DMC4.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Trust me using 2 fingers for R1/R2/L2 buttons is not that hard...I was practicing with it and it feels fine but may vary for gameplay purposes but I do do that when playing DMC4.
Then you have flexible fingers, my right thumb will start to feel sore after a while, because of the unnatural way I must bend it. :'(

SpawnShooter

Plus did no one ever change weapons while locked on in old DMCs?
it's the exact same thing and no one ever mentioned it before.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

I know that is what I do to save time adjusting fingers so though my fingers may hurt or tire out but my gameplay is very fast and reactive.

AngelMode

Lock-on wouldn't have worked with demon mode. I can understand quickly pressing R1 while holding R2. But holding both buttons at the same time for a long period of time (one for lock-on and one for demon mode) is retarded on a controller. I like lock-on as much as the next guy, but with their stance set up... lock-on is a mess.

SpawnShooter

Lock-on wouldn't have worked with demon mode. I can understand quickly pressing R1 while holding R2. But holding both buttons at the same time for a long period of time (one for lock-on and one for demon mode) is retarded on a controller. I like lock-on as much as the next guy, but with their stance set up... lock-on is a mess.

I had Nero's Shoot button mapped there and holding lock-on and the trigger never really presented much of a problem.

But whatever, to each their own.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
The gauntlets look cartoon-ish in their proportions. He looks like Dante the sailor man. Or like he borrowed Acme Magma fists from Wile E. Coyote. I doubt I'd be laughing at him to his face with those on however...

HAHAHAHA!! He reallly does. All he needs is that anchor tattoo

AngelMode

I had Nero's Shoot button mapped there and holding lock-on and the trigger never really presented much of a problem.

But whatever, to each their own.

It isn't, but I guess Nero's charge is a bit easier to get your head around... since you are just simply charging the shot, while demon mode you need to be changing quite often. I think NT is just trying to make the controllers as friendly as possible... but that means a little less work for the hardcore... or a total mess up of the combat system all together. Let us hope this game's auto lock doesn't disappoint.

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
To anyone saying that holding R1 and R2 or L2 and L1 is not that hard:

Try beating Killzone 2 on hard mode with alternate controls, I dare ya! Try taking cover by holding L2 and aim with weapons with L1. Now that has to be the most svrewed sontrol scheme for CoD players in this game.;)

Razyel

Soul Reaver
It's not the same thing, when you change weapons you tap R2 you don't hold it for let's say 30 seconds, and yes I have done it in DMC4 :blush:

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Hmm...could these possibly be Deadra gauntlets?

But seriously, awesome find! Very nice :D

And about the auto-lock on, just point Dante at the enemy you want, run to it, and attack! You're supposed to be up close and personal with your enemies. Hard lock on isn't always the best thing in the world, anyway.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Only issue I have with the gauntlets is the name if I'm honest. 'Eryx' looks cool on paper, but pronounced it's simply Eric's. Like "Oh, that's Eric's car", or "Oh, that's Eric's sandwich".

Regardless, nice to see our latest incarnation of Ifrit surface.

Top Bottom