• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon ans Style review; Eryx and new gun moves

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
It is user friendly but an accidental melee animation can probably be canceled into fireworks so its not as bad as jumping. Its just that at moments i feel the rare accidental jump will throw off my rythme a bit. I guess im not used to the idea of doing some accidentally in a dmc game since the only thing i can thing off that i did by accident in previous games was counter a Hell Vanguard in DMC3.
Okay, I see what you mean.

This has nothing to do with what we were talkin about but does anyone have a guess about with the down button on the d-pad will switch? Up seems to be used for guns, right is used for demon weapons and left for angel, it would be a wasted of a button if it wasn't used.
I think it could be the same as DMC3/4, a shortcut to the items menu.

Paexie

This has nothing to do with what we were talkin about but does anyone have a guess about with the down button on the d-pad will switch? Up seems to be used for guns, right is used for demon weapons and left for angel, it would be a wasted of a button if it wasn't used.
I've been thinking about that too. I think someone here mentioned that it could still possibly be used to toggle between angel and devil trigger. Maybe. Who knows. It could be useless.

Paexie

I don't know about you guys but...
gfGs9.gif
s2HIN.gif

The evade moves are pretty sweet.

chocolatepanda

It's like in DMC3 when Dante spins Rebellion around his head. That's just combo 2. Pause combos have been in all DMC games. (Except DMC2)
Im saying when the combo hits an enemy it pauses for a second during the combo.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's like in DMC3 when Dante spins Rebellion around his head. That's just combo 2. Pause combos have been in all DMC games. (Except DMC2)

But DMC did have an interesting concept of using directional combos such as.

3-hit Combo Direction + , ,
4-hit Combo , , ,
5-hit Combo , , , Direction + ,
6-hit Combo , , Direction + , , ,

So DMC2 when it came to organized combos such as attack, attack, attack, attack or attack pause attack and etc had the most while Dante in his other games usually dishes out 2-3 combos, Nero could do like 6 combos (4 land, 2 aerial) just through pause combos. As for Dante (whether it be DMC or DmC Dante), Nero, Vergil, and any other character Capcom, NT, should look at their past games (DMC and even DmC) to come up with a more deep and wonderful combo system for any future DMC and even DmC game. Heck they can even borrow from Naruto Ultimate Ninja (Storm) of having directional combos like holding the directional stick in any position the combo differs like Y, Y, down, Y, Y and even apply that to DMC's pause combo system you'll have much depth through the use of just one attack button. B button was always just a special/style button and not meant for combining the attack and style button for the use of already organized combos this isn't Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta.

chocolatepanda

Oh. I guess that's like a perfect hit or something.
Whenever he does the rebellion pause combo if he hits something it always pauses at the moment of impact for a split second. Theres nothing special about the hit itself it just part of the animtation, im just wondering why it was kept instead being smooth hits like every other combo thats been shown.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Whenever he does the rebellion pause combo if he hits something it always pauses at the moment of impact for a split second. Theres nothing special about the hit itself it just part of the animtation, im just wondering why it was kept instead being smooth hits like every other combo thats been shown.

Maybe it's like with DMC3 when Dante does rising dragon with Beowulf. The attack is so powerful that it makes that affect. DMC3 Dante did this too with Beowulf and Gilgimesh as well.

chocolatepanda

Maybe it's like with DMC3 when Dante does rising dragon with Beowulf. The attack is so powerful that it makes that affect. DMC3 Dante did this too with Beowulf and Gilgimesh as well.
Have u seen the Rebellion pause combo? It cant be that strong considering its move u get early, possibly even start the game with it
Here's a link a vid with the move http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/1...ight-club-level-puts-dante-through-his-paces/Look at 3:08 its not a long pause but noticeable

crush

Have u seen the Rebellion pause combo? It cant be that strong considering its move u get early, possibly even start the game with it
Here's a link a vid with the move http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/1...ight-club-level-puts-dante-through-his-paces/Look at 3:08 its not a long pause but noticeable

Simple, that is because it's the finishing move.
You can change weapons between combos and continue to the combo finish without resetting.
So a little pause will heip you I suppose. And it's only a demo. I think they will speed things up in the complete version.

Devil Player

I wonder what happens if you press both L2 and R2 at the same time, + attack button.

We know L2+ triangle= angel mode

We know R2+ triangle= demon mode

Now, does something happen when you press everything at the same time? They really could adress that or any player could try that with the demo or during the comic con. I'm just curious.

chocolatepanda

Simple, that is because it's the finishing move.
You can change weapons between combos and continue to the combo finish without resetting.
So a little pause will heip you I suppose. And it's only a demo. I think they will speed things up in the complete version.
The hits stops happen while he's doing the spin move of the Rebellion pause combo, at that point you cant switch weapons without resetting the combo since you have to switch weapons before you continue the combo. None of the other weapons have the little hit pause thing. The hit stop used to be worse and more noticeable when the combo was 1st shown in an early gameplay vid last year.

Paexie

I wonder what happens if you press both L2 and R2 at the same time, + attack button.

We know L2+ triangle= angel mode

We know R2+ triangle= demon mode

Now, does something happen when you press everything at the same time? They really could adress that or any player could try that with the demo or during the comic con. I'm just curious.
It'll probably register one of the two only or nothing. This is why I need to get my hands on a demo. I'll play that thing until it breaks down on me. (um... that sounds wrong)

Top Bottom