• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video Games That Desappointed You.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
No game ever really disappoints me if I had to really choose then I'd pick Resident evil 6 ever since Revelations had come out I was really looking forward to 6 because it had Chris and Leon and what looked like zombies again and the trailers with Leon really got me thinking that Capcom was going to go back to its roots but noooope
tumblr_inline_mkvs5nlHfA1qz4rgp.gif

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hey hold on i got a LIST for you :-

1) RESIDENT EVIL 6 (ITS SO BAD It makes Resident evil 5 a breath of fresh air!)
2) Burnout:Most WANTED
3) Asssasins Creed 3 (it surprised me by being even worse then Brotherhood)
4) God of War: Ascension (hyped this game for nothing)
5) Hitman Abomination
6) Tomb Raider (THEY ****ING TOOK OFF THE DUAL PISTOLS ! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?)

Goldsickle

You know, Resident Evil 6 did go back to the series' roots (kinda).

Before they thought of prerendered backgrounds and fetch quests, Resident Evil was originally intended to be a zombie FPS with co-op.
The technology for multiplayer back then was lacking, so Shinji & co. resorted to imitate Alone In The Dark instead.

Resident Evil 6 has co-op and zombies, so it's not much of a stretch to say that it has "returned to it's roots".

On the topic of games I am disappointed in, it would be Bioshock Infinite.

I couldn't care less about "amazing narrative" and "life-like interaction with a female NPC".
All I see are massive gameplay downgrades when compared to the past two games in the series.

I play games for the gameplay.
Factors like "art direction" and "story" holds less priority for me.

Resident Evil 5
Hyper Dimension Neptunia
Sonic 4 Episode 1
Final Fantasy XIII
Disgaea 3

Probably more.
Edit: Mega man X7 went into it thinking it can't be that bad after watching a few videos.
Didn't even want to finish it. It's now behind my chest of drawers.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Assassin's Creed 3.
The only thing that made me disappointed about DmC is how short the damn campaign was.
Otherwise, the game is fun to mod, turbo mode on it makes it actually feel like a Devil May Cry game (besides you Color Coded enemies)
Final Fantasy XIII
DMC4, (Backtracking part only)
I would say MGR, and Bayonetta...but I don't want to just hate them for no reason, I still need to give them a try.
Dead Space 3
inb4 hate

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Assassins creed 3. That ending is just, ugh wtf are they smoking? And also, connor was kinda bland, his dad is like 100times more interesting as a character. I would even go as far as saying that haytham is on par with ezio, but connor, well hes badass when fighting.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Almost any cartoon, movie, has famous something games that were made because they would attract stupid customers like me, into buying them. This happened when I was young, so I hate games like these.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood on PS3 and Mass Effect 2 on PS3 and sort of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on the Wii. First two, by no means are crappy games in my opinion; I really liked them, but the way they were handled on the PS3 really made me frustrated and disappointed in the developers. Both dropped and skipped frames, heck I became accustomed to seeing Ezio (and horses) floating in mid-air while the frames load. Star Wars, more of me cheating and screwing around, so yeah.

Ratchet Clank: All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault. Okay, I knew these were not going to be "Ratchet & Clank" games, but I still love Ratchet & Clank. They still had the humor and atmosphere, but not the feel of the series, especially All 4 One. Still, Insomniac tried, didn't they with something new? Maybe it would have been better if they made another (low-budget) IP for these experiments.

Devil May Cry 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. These two were trips back in time, one was an all right title, while the other was supposed to be amazing. Had to go back to outdated controls and mechanics to play them. Do I like them? Yes, well not DMC2 as much, but something just made them feel meh besides DMC2 being a meh game. I was used to the camo system that was introduced in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and other stuff introduced in that game as well. I was used to be able to move while crouch. It's just going back in time that ruined MGS2.

3D Dot Game Heroes and LittleBigPlanet. You hear so much about these games being amazing; 3D Dot was an homage to The Legend of Zelda and games like it, while LBP was this free, creative, 2.5D platformer. Guess what? I am terrible at games like those. For whatever reason, I just don't understand them and have "weird habits" when playing them that lead me to die often. They just frustrate me and funny enough, Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a 2D hack n' slash and platformer that I love and have no trouble with. Being unable to play just ruined the great games that these two are.

flOw. Seriously? What's the point? It's like playing Snake: eating things up, growing, unlock different critters, rinse and repeat.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
DmC
Metroid: Other M
MGR somewhat, I like the combat but I was disappointed that it wasn't polished enough.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
3D Dot Game Heroes and LittleBigPlanet. You hear so much about these games being amazing; 3D Dot was an homage to The Legend of Zelda and games like it, while LBP was this free, creative, 2.5D platformer. Guess what? I am terrible at games like those. For whatever reason, I just don't understand them and have "weird habits" when playing them that lead me to die often..

3D Dot Game Heroes was just a homage to old school games. I enjoy old school games so I can appreciate it.

As for LittleBig Planet, I adore those games mainly because I'm a creative person and that's pretty much the idea. LBP really is all about that user made content and I'm a person who actually does create my own stuff and I've become pretty damn good at it.

I don't know if you can call them disappointing if you personally have issues with those type of games because playing them you know exactly what you're getting. It's like you missed the point.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
3D Dot Game Heroes was just a homage to old school games. I enjoy old school games so I can appreciate it.

As for LittleBig Planet, I adore those games mainly because I'm a creative person and that's pretty much the idea. LBP really is all about that user made content and I'm a person who actually does create my own stuff and I've become pretty damn good at it.

I don't know if you can call them disappointing if you personally have issues with those type of games because playing them you know exactly what you're getting. It's like you missed the point.
With 3D Dot Game Heroes and LittleBigPlanet and I guess the original The Legend of Zelda, I expected these great games that I heard about. Then I played them and found out that I'm terrible at them. Probably a reason why I don't play 2D/2.5D Mario games. They're great games; I love their takes on games compared to the over saturation of gritty, dark, edgy games and old-school/classics that are Mario and the Legend of Zelda were. I think I disappointed myself more than the games disappointed me.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You know, Resident Evil 6 did go back to the series' roots (kinda).

Before they thought of prerendered backgrounds and fetch quests, Resident Evil was originally intended to be a zombie FPS with co-op.
The technology for multiplayer back then was lacking, so Shinji & co. resorted to imitate Alone In The Dark instead.

Resident Evil 6 has co-op and zombies, so it's not much of a stretch to say that it has "returned to it's roots".

On the topic of games I am disappointed in, it would be Bioshock Infinite.

I couldn't care less about "amazing narrative" and "life-like interaction with a female NPC".
All I see are massive gameplay downgrades when compared to the past two games in the series.

I play games for the gameplay.
Factors like "art direction" and "story" holds less priority for me.
Resident Evil 6 was like if Micheal Bay decided to make a Resident Evil game.

Top Bottom