• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trailer For A DEVIL MAY CRY Movie Coming Soon?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Here is my fear: They are going to Nolanize it.

It seems a lot of fans want every comic book movie to be similar to Dark Knight saga.

What they don't get was, the strategy Nolan used wasn't just "Dark" it was "Dark and more realistic"

As in, no over the top super powers! (The main reason why Nolan's batman isn't going to be in Justice League and the main reason Bane wasn't as strong as he was in the comics).

For example, say you make a Deadpool movie with aspects from the Nolan films.
Now of course they can't simply "get rid" of Deadpools healing factor. So they just make it so that the healing factor is more "realistic".

This would limit Deadpool's healing factor to help him heal from bullet wounds and major injuries, but regenerating heads and limbs are out of the picture.

Also Deadpool's craziness would probably be more disturbing than him making awesome pop culture references and one liners. and they would probably add a stupid story arc about "Coping with insanity" that noone would give a crap about to make it more dramatic.

Long story short, Nolan is just the likable version of Michael Bay, instead of doing pointless explosions and making it focus on a character who isn't in the source material, it's about pointless drama, and making it focus on realism that LIMITS the source material.

The reason everybody likes it? Because Nolan himself can make it WORK, provided the movie is about Batman, for Superman, we will just have to see.

NO! No Nolan style DMC.

The Dark Knight can pull it off because Batman is human and there for used human techniques.

Dante is a half breed. He has to be stronger then a normal human and do more things a human wouldn't be able to do. Also a Deadpool movie with Nolan style would seem very...dry.

So I agree. No Nolan DMC movie. Keep him away.

Dante47

... how do you Nolanize Devil May Cry? It's the biggest cheese fest, pointless, and incredibly stupid story ever conceived for a high budget video game.

Agility

"Known"
... how do you Nolanize Devil May Cry? It's the biggest cheese fest, pointless, and incredibly stupid story ever conceived for a high budget video game.

Alright it's time to set things straight.

Stop calling it Nolan this or Nolan that.

Nolan is doing nothing different than the director of Watchmen, director of Avengers, director of Amazing Spider man, etc. (just to name a few off the top.)

Wanna know what those director's did? They stuck to the original stories and stayed true to the characters. It's what made Arkham Asylum so cool. Stick with the script we know and add a few twists here and there.

**** it, call it novelization.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
While I agree Nolan would be terrible for DMC, I don't find it's story to be stupid or cheesy at all, just different, I find it VERY over the top at times, but wasn't that what made it fun. Devil May Cry was a great story that just got presented wrong, for example, they never really went deep into Dante's origin, they never really went deep into Sparda and Mundus's origins, nor did they ever go deep into Nero's origins, plus the characters should have shown more emotion, other than that, I think the game had a great story With an excellent cast of characters, maybe the movie can add some new story arcs to the story.

Like :
Dante and Lady in a romantic relationship( So that they don't have to bring Nero in)
Dante's origin.
Sparda's origin. (Second movie)
Vergil's origin (Second movie) (explained in one scene)
Mundus's origin( Second movie)

crush

Well...my opinion of making a DMC movie a complete waste.
1. Too much drama...The fangirls will be stomping with wrath.
2. Due to so called "stage effects" we can't see whats happening like in bayformers. Or too much ground based fisticuffs.
4. The return of the horrid camera angle in the game. Completely remade to adapt on screen.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Street fighter, resident evil. Why do capcom games make a epic fail in movie history?
I thought RE movies 1 & 2 were good, not oscar good but entertaining, like for example: Rambo, Terminator, Bloodsport etc.
Tekken movie was also good considering the fact that you can watch it free on youtube, would I pay for it? NEVER.

'sides game movies can't have the same storylines as the games that they're ripping off, why? 'Cause stories in games move in a slower pace, I don't wanna watch 12 hour RE films just so they could make it exactly like the game:/

Street Fighter is a whole different story, don't ever compare that **** with RE films...:p

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
wow this actually may be a thing. well im not gonna stay and see how it ends. i just hate the idea that much.

Sf8A5.gif

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
0.0....Holy...S***...Dude! Thanks for the awesome links! I couldn't agree more with you. Tom Hiddleston could be one of the best actors to be as Vergil as well. If Lady would make her appearance in Devil May Cry movie, Alice Cullen from Twilight could be the best choice too? http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/331/6/b/Alice_Cullen_as_Lady_DMC_LOL_by_RerinKin.jpg

And Trish would be....Angelina Jolie? Anyone can imagine her? Lol
Holy **** , i thought of her as lady too.

I dont know if tom hiddleston would want to act as vergil simply because it might be too similar to what he has done as loki.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh God I just realized something.

Y'know how some movies do that "Movie to video game" craze, and the game always ends up crappy?

What if they do that to this DMC movie?:blink:

Like what they did with Dragonball Evolution the game

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That
Oh God I just realized something.

Y'know how some movies do that "Movie to video game" craze, and the game always ends up crappy?

What if they do that to this DMC movie?:blink:

Like what they did with Dragonball Evolution the game
Wouldn't that be pointless given its based of the reboot ?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That
Wouldn't that be pointless given its based of the reboot ?

It was never 100% set that the movie was based off of the reboot. Besides they won't make a game off of a movie that was already based on an existing game series.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, like that'll stop them. Remember they made a resident evil game based off the third movie?

Hmmm...if you put like that maybe I can see them taking some elements and ideas from the movie...as long as they apply it in there right way and take only the good elements....none of the bad it'll work.

I thought you meant make a video game that was about the movie rather than the game series.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It was never 100% set that the movie was based off of the reboot. Besides they won't make a game off of a movie that was already based on an existing game series.
According to the article it is based on the reboot so im making a guess that it is.
Second point is my point because its easier just to release a special edition of the reboot than spend time making a whole new game.
Yeah, like that'll stop them. Remember they made a resident evil game based off the third movie?
Did they? my main point was that its easier just to release a special edition of the reboot than spend time making a whole new game.
Hmmm...if you put like that maybe I can see them taking some elements and ideas from the movie...as long as they apply it in there right way and take only the good elements....none of the bad it'll work.

I thought you meant make a video game that was about the movie rather than the game series.
thats what they did for prince of persia and it could work just depending on what the movie is about.

Top Bottom