• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trailer For A DEVIL MAY CRY Movie Coming Soon?

Agility

"Known"
If anything, this movie should be about the ORIGINAL DMC AND STAR Reuben Langdon, I mean really, Capcom turned their back on poor Reuben and now he is out of a job he loved. It's actually sad to me. Sure he said the game was "dope"
But really, it seems like he only said that to get fans off of NT's back.

IMHO, He has every right to call Capcom a putrid pile of dogsh*t, for rebooting a series that he enjoyed doing WITHOUT EVEN FINISHING IT! Plus the new Dante's voice cracks WAY too much

Lol. The original's story was a heap of crap even the fans know that.

Yes, Reuben and everyone else is just trying to get evil fans off of DmC's back with all these praises and awards.

No, no he does not have every right to speak like a child. Your views on this are from a naked eye's POV over a canyon and on top of MT Everest while everyone else's is from microscrophic POV.

Tim Phillips has the right to be hired for the movie seeing as he is more than just a voice actor. His performance in DmC's trailers are already at promising levels.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
0.0....Holy...S***...Dude! Thanks for the awesome links! I couldn't agree more with you. Tom Hiddleston could be one of the best actors to be as Vergil as well. If Lady would make her appearance in Devil May Cry movie, Alice Cullen from Twilight could be the best choice too? http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/331/6/b/Alice_Cullen_as_Lady_DMC_LOL_by_RerinKin.jpg

And Trish would be....Angelina Jolie? Anyone can imagine her? Lol
Glad to see you agree. :) Tom not only has that look, but he can also portray that cold blooded personality that Vergil has. And I think she looks the part, I can't comment on her acting ability because I've never watched Twilight before. And I don't know about Angelina Jolie as Trish, personally I can't see it but if that's who you picture as the perfect actress more power to you. :)

Dante47

Why not just get Reuben Langdon for Dante? He literally IS Dante!

I had the same issue with the Hitman movie. The voice actor for 47, David Bateson, looks just like Agent 47! Yet, they never used him! Damn you Hollywood! DAMN YOU!!!

Agility

"Known"
Why not just get Reuben Langdon for Dante? He literally IS Dante!

I had the same issue with the Hitman movie. The voice actor for 47, David Bateson, looks just like Agent 47! Yet, they never used him! Damn you Hollywood! DAMN YOU!!!

They probably wanted someone with some reputation behind him to be Hitman.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
0.0....Holy...S***...Dude! Thanks for the awesome links! I couldn't agree more with you. Tom Hiddleston could be one of the best actors to be as Vergil as well. If Lady would make her appearance in Devil May Cry movie, Alice Cullen from Twilight could be the best choice too? http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs50/i/2009/331/6/b/Alice_Cullen_as_Lady_DMC_LOL_by_RerinKin.jpg

And Trish would be....Angelina Jolie? Anyone can imagine her? Lol

Funny. fanboys said new Dante looks like Edward Cullen. Now I can show them this.:troll:

Dante47

They probably wanted someone with some reputation behind him to be Hitman.
Timothy Olyphant doesn't have much of a reputation, aside for Scream 2. Besides, the film was a major betrayal to the lore of the games anyway. It was actually worst than the Max Payne movie.

DragonMaster2010

Timothy Olyphant doesn't have much of a reputation, aside for Scream 2. Besides, the film was a major betrayal to the lore of the games anyway. It was actually worst than the Max Payne movie.

I thought the Max Payne movie was good to the game. It wasn't?

Agility

"Known"
I never understood the "He looks like Tameem or the guy from the vampire movie" thing.

So if I cut my hair a certain way I'll look like that actor/person? No matter what?

Sweet. :/

Agility

"Known"

The hell are you talking about, he was the villain in Live Free or Die Hard. Also, he was in alot of other movies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
For someone to play Dante & Vergil won't they need to dye their hair white or is there some kind off technology that can edit a person's hair to look white like how they made those people look like blue aliens in Avatar or is capable of making someone's skin a different color on screen...sorta like a green screen affect but for someone's features.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Reuben isn't out of a job...he still does motion capture work for Capcom as Chris Redfield and other stuff. Capcom didn't turn his back on him, NT just didn't hire him because he lived in America and NT were in England so they had use actors who were easily available to them...unless if Reuben wanted to move to England for a good 2-3 years. Capcom has no jurisdiction of who NT casts so Capcom had nothing to do with Tim Phillips being casted over Reuben Langdon.

Reuben said the game was great and everything DMC was and more, and only wished he was asked to be in it. I doubt Reuben cares what they do with DMC cause Reuben have other Capcom projects like Street Fighter.
I'd also find it creepy if reuben would do this new Dante's voice, kinda ruins the idea of reboot ...

Dante47

The solution is simple.
If they make a movie based on DmC, get Tim Phillips.
If they make a movie based on DMC, get Reuben Langdon.
It's not hard Hollywood!

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
The solution is simple.
If they make a movie based on DmC, get Tim Phillips.
If they make a movie based on DMC, get Reuben Langdon.
It's not hard Hollywood!
Better idea

They DO make a movie based off DmC with Tim Phillips.
They DO make a movie based off DMC with Reuben Langdon.
And then ALL the fans are happy

DragonMaster2010

Come on guys. This IS Hollywood we're talking about. How many video game or anime to movies have they made that was actually faithful and good to the original?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Here is my fear: They are going to Nolanize it.

It seems a lot of fans want every comic book movie to be similar to Dark Knight saga.

What they don't get was, the strategy Nolan used wasn't just "Dark" it was "Dark and more realistic"

As in, no over the top super powers! (The main reason why Nolan's batman isn't going to be in Justice League and the main reason Bane wasn't as strong as he was in the comics).

For example, say you make a Deadpool movie with aspects from the Nolan films.
Now of course they can't simply "get rid" of Deadpools healing factor. So they just make it so that the healing factor is more "realistic".

This would limit Deadpool's healing factor to help him heal from bullet wounds and major injuries, but regenerating heads and limbs are out of the picture.

Also Deadpool's craziness would probably be more disturbing than him making awesome pop culture references and one liners. and they would probably add a stupid story arc about "Coping with insanity" that noone would give a crap about to make it more dramatic.

Long story short, Nolan is just the likable version of Michael Bay, instead of doing pointless explosions and making it focus on a character who isn't in the source material, it's about pointless drama, and making it focus on realism that LIMITS the source material.

The reason everybody likes it? Because Nolan himself can make it WORK, provided the movie is about Batman, for Superman, we will just have to see.

Agility

"Known"
Here is my fear: They are going to Nolanize it.

It seems a lot of fans want every comic book movie to be similar to Dark Knight saga.

What they don't get was, the strategy Nolan used wasn't just "Dark" it was "Dark and more realistic"

As in, no over the top super powers! (The main reason why Nolan's batman isn't going to be in Justice League and the main reason Bane wasn't as strong as he was in the comics).

For example, say you make a Deadpool movie with aspects from the Nolan films.
Now of course they can't simply "get rid" of Deadpools healing factor. So they just make it so that the healing factor is more "realistic".

This would limit Deadpool's healing factor to help him heal from bullet wounds and major injuries, but regenerating heads and limbs are out of the picture.

Also Deadpool's craziness would probably be more disturbing than him making awesome pop culture references and one liners. and they would probably add a stupid story arc about "Coping with insanity" that noone would give a crap about to make it more dramatic.

Long story short, Nolan is just the likable version of Michael Bay, instead of doing pointless explosions and making it focus on a character who isn't in the source material, it's about pointless drama, and making it focus on realism that LIMITS the source material.

The reason everybody likes it? Because Nolan self can make it WORK, provided the movie is about Batman, for Superman, we will just have to see.

Everyone liked Nolan's films because he took from the stories that made Batman awesome. Mixed them together and gave everyone a thrilling tale.

Top Bottom