• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

this is for the people that are considering buying this reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

Well, some people are like that sure, but most of those people just make an account to post things like that and then leave. There's a lot of people who are being reasonable about it. (And no, I'm not referring exclusively to the people who like it as those that are "reasonable" :p).

Yes, luckily there are some very nice people on here, wether or not they like the new DmC, and who are stating their opinions without being ridiculous drama queens. ^^

Nessy

Worst thing to me isn't people that automatically hate it or automatically like it. It's the people that think they absolutely know what the game will be like already, even though it isn't even finished yet.

I myself like to think of myself as a realist, and in that frame of mind I judge games on what I see is most probable, and to me most games that come out are a complete disappointment, meaning this game is likely to be disappointing. Not certainly, just probably. And I think that way for literally every game, no matter how good it's predecessor is, ever since they released halo 2 and I compared it to halo:ce.

On a note about the engine, I am a pc gamer so am one of the lucky guys who can handle anything the companies throw at me, since I keep my pc upto date as i'm quite the enthusiast, being a software engineer student. Quite funny that you said they are 100x more complex actually, since every 18 months the complexity should double, so that is almost 6 2/3 times now, and 2^6.7 is 102. Assuming you picked a number randomly, it's quite hilarious how accurate that is.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
Worst thing to me isn't people that automatically hate it or automatically like it. It's the people that think they absolutely know what the game will be like already, even though it isn't even finished yet.

I myself like to think of myself as a realist, and in that frame of mind I judge games on what I see is most probable, and to me most games that come out are a complete disappointment, meaning this game is likely to be disappointing. Not certainly, just probably. And I think that way for literally every game, no matter how good it's predecessor is, ever since they released halo 2 and I compared it to halo:ce.

On a note about the engine, I am a pc gamer so am one of the lucky guys who can handle anything the companies throw at me, since I keep my pc upto date as i'm quite the enthusiast, being a software engineer student. Quite funny that you said they are 100x more complex actually, since every 18 months the complexity should double, so that is almost 6 2/3 times now, and 2^6.7 is 102. Assuming you picked a number randomly, it's quite hilarious how accurate that is.

Complexity can be relative, but given that I grew in the dawning of both the computer AND videogame ages, I can go back to how simple 8-bit Super Mario Brothers was, or even the simplified computer games that Windows and DOS ran back in the early 90's. And I'm amazed how far games AND hardware have come in merely 20 years.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm just gonna leave this right here...

http://imgur.com/0fqqP

Cool article IMO.

Its seem the people who want to defend this game always sais "wait until the game comes out" or "you hate this game because dante hair is not white".

I've always given reason why I do not like what I am seeing with this new DMC direction and this article just further added to my skepticism about this new DMC direction.

So thanks for posting it.

OriginalOutcast

I'm not going to tell you what to purchase or like but to explain from fan's perspective why the fans are ****ed off at this Reboot. To us It's not just the "Lack of white hair" But the betrayal of Dante's Mythology and DMC's core principals.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I'm not going to tell you what to purchase or like but to explain from fan's perspective why the fans are ****ed off at this Reboot. To us It's not just the "Lack of white hair" But the betrayal of Dante's Mythology and DMC's core principals.

Devil May Cry has core principals?

OriginalOutcast

Devil May Cry has core principals?

The Gameplay, Music, Atmosphere, Style and Characters who have their own personality, limits, flaws and weaknesses could be considered the core principals and fundamental aspects you'd find in a good movie or a good story. But if your project is hated before it's even released it only means trouble for whoever was dumb enough to Hire an Arrogant Talentless M.Night Shyamalan/Michael Bay wannabe like Tameem in the first place. You want a good example to a ruination of a beloved franchise? Watch the Highlander Sequels.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
I'm just gonna leave this right here...

http://imgur.com/0fqqP
What strikes me most is the quote from Capcom "We want to pretend that DMC 2 never happened." LoL. Essentially admitting they screwed up?

As for the gameplay implications, the Unreal engine may or may not be able to handle the gameplay rigors. If you make the graphics rendering efficient and have powerful enough hardware, I would say there wouldn't be major issues. But the Unreal engine is older, so I'd hate to the game slowed down on account for an older, archaic graphics engine. DMC is one of those games where you can't hang there at 5 FPS doing a combo kill cuz the combo system in DMC is very time sensitive. Lagging due to the graphics engine will cause a lot of issues with the combos. We'll have to see when DmC comes out.

ZenMarter

The King of a Forsaken Race
i would also like to to that to trish or lady if they walked into a bar but i bet they would shoot me even before i touch them :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom