• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

this is for the people that are considering buying this reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I actually based my opinions on the information given to me and the way NT and Capcom are behaving in interviews. Those interviews essentially boil down to, "**** the fans, we do what we want, **** the fans, we want new ones!" Considering that Dante's design was met with almost a near unanimous backlash (sans a few optimistic thinkers like yourself) that was bigger than the Infamous 2 backlash, you'd think Capcom and NT would do some revisions. Hell, even David Jaffe (GoW creator)...a fan of DMC games dislike the design strongly...although he is still remaining cautiously optimistic.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
yeah man
right on
i liked the trailer when i first saw and im still liking it
just hope they give me something else

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm hoping thie newer Trailer is much better then the initial one otherwise I have bad hopes for this new direction of the DMC series.

I completely agree with Esura that It seems as if Capcom and NT are giving the middle finger to the loyalst DMC fans such as by NT saying that the old Dante is "uncool" (that in it self is a middle finger towards us).

I'm just not sure about this game and Hopfully Capcom can deliver otherwise I fear for the future of the series if this keeps up.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think it might be a good idea for them to show another trailer that gives a better idea what the game is about and some concrete game play footage to put the fans at rest. i also suggest that they show that before he got locked up, DmC dante did look like regular Dante but fell victim to 2 years of experimentation and they used drugs in order to sedate him and keep him docile. Unfortunately, I'm sure most regular drugs and tranquilizers would be ineffective towards keeping dante sedated so they up the dosage plus they winged it because they had no idea how drugs would react to his demon half. his emaciated look is the result of that and is similar to how dante needs an excessive amount of alchohol in order to get drunk.

Chrysander

In a way, this backlash will have made them work harder on the game. They have to be ultra sure that whatever they show next is really good - if they are to keep with the same look and everything. So they must be working harder than they would have been.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
this is 'modern' capcom, i wouldn't expect miracles.
(according to a Retro game magazine, 5-10 years ago, Capcom would've made more of an effort.)

Chrysander

No, I don't expect anything. I mean that if fans had reacted positively to the first video, maybe they wouldn't have thought things through so much as they will have to now. Either way, the game could well be balls.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I'm sorry but i just have to point this out... most games nowadays use some form of the unreal engine..so yeah...if it's so slow, why do most companies use it?

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
For those who will buy the game, if it failed you would atleast get your money back right?

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
When I first saw the trailer I have to admit I didn't like it one bit. But after awhile I decided if they get the gameplay down right then I'll still buy it. And from what I've seen the gameplay looks ok. It's hard for me to make a judgement now with so little content to go off of, but if I buy it and don't like it I'll definitely trade it in after beating it. Unless it's so terrible that I don't want to beat it but it's too early to speculate. I'm remaining optimistic for the most part.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
My take is I haven't seen anything I haven't liked yet. So there's no reason to dislike the new DMC yet (for me). That's the way it will stay. If it turns out I dislike it after buying it, the store has a return policy for a reason.

Nessy

I don't think that you can say that a game is going to be fast or slow because of the engine that it is on. After all quake 4 was on the doom 3 engine.

Quake 4 is faster than the likes of warsaw, quake 3 and ut2k4, while doom3 is slower than call of duty.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
I don't think that you can say that a game is going to be fast or slow because of the engine that it is on. After all quake 4 was on the doom 3 engine.

Quake 4 is faster than the likes of warsaw, quake 3 and ut2k4, while doom3 is slower than call of duty.
The engine is one factor. The hardware is the other half of the issue.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
I've never 'considered' buying the reboot. It was a done deal after I watched the trailer the first time. I'm pre-ordering it even, if my gamestore lets me. I haven't had doubts about purchasing it, at all. Nothing anyone has said has made me go 'hmmm,well, maybe I should wait and see what it's all about'. No. That's the mentality Capcom are probably referring to as sheep - one very loud very vocal fan goes 'DON'T BUY THIS JUNK!' and everyone else follows suit and accepts that persons' reasons as their own. Like the one person who said that Dante looks like he's fashioned after Tameem. You know, he's probably NOT fashioned after Tameem, but rather the newest hairstyle in the punk groupies. The fact that Tameem wears his hair similar is just unfortunate. Or like the one person who dubbed Dante as a Twilight reject, and everyone else just kind of goes 'yeah!' without actually looking at his picture and thinking about it. SHEEP!

^ This is exactly how I feel

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
If some of my friends get this game i will go to the bottom of hell and search for them until i see the game.
On a serious note i would get the game.It just looks fun and the new Dante is not that bad to me.

Asmodaius

I can't help but giggle at some of the people on here...
"OMG I DON'T LIKE THE TRAILER, THEN THE GAME MUST SUCK!!! I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!"

Talking about being judgemental... Well, good luck with that.

Meg

I can't help but giggle at some of the people on here...
"OMG I DON'T LIKE THE TRAILER, THEN THE GAME MUST SUCK!!! I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!"

Talking about being judgemental... Well, good luck with that.
Well, some people are like that sure, but most of those people just make an account to post things like that and then leave. There's a lot of people who are being reasonable about it. (And no, I'm not referring exclusively to the people who like it as those that are "reasonable" :p).

Nessy

The engine is one factor. The hardware is the other half of the issue.

wait, so when he said "slow" did he mean through lag caused by a highly graphical engine with weak hardware or in terms of gameplay?
Either way what I said still stands. Doom 3 was the crysis of it's time, I remember that my cursor lagged on the menus of that game playing at 640x480, and the gameplay itself was also very slow.

Quake 4 I played online with much better hardware, which had excellent graphics and I played it at a perfect stable locked 90fps, while moving at a great speed.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
If the engine can't handle over a certain number of sprites and moving textures, it lags like a snail. Just like playing Quake 4 on an underpowered computer (in the case of an underpowered computer, it's purely the hardware not being able to keep up with the demands of the graphics engine). The graphics engine usually doesn't factor in too much, because it's more the hardware not being able to process data fast enough to keep the graphics engine running smoothly. If the graphics engine is updated and made more efficient, the hardware usually follows suit. Games are 100 times more complex and detailed then they were 10 years ago. The level of hardware available today easily outpaces what we had just 10-15 years ago. My old school 8-bit Nintendo was a computing powerhouse back in 1989, on par or even more powerful than the old school x86 computers that were just coming out then. The PS3 easily outstrips the 8-bit Nintendo, but it's on par with many basic level gaming computers.

Slow gameplay could be anything from the story moving at a snail's pace, to sluggish control response. In any case, slow game play kills a game for most players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom