• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Things DmC did that could be added to DMC5

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh two more things;

• The ability to fall off the edge: DmC had it where you could fall off the edge and would have to maneuver yourself back to solid ground. I'd like a DMC5 to also have this kind of add on to it.
  • Flexibility: I don't know how to explain it, but DmC had a lot of flexibility when it came to movement and jumping so I'd like to see that. Along with the detail put into the movements of the characters.
I'm not really follow what are you trying to say. That you want urbanised setting? Because I understood it so you want to add surrealismus and Limbo effects.

I meant the world changing colors, shifting, breaking apart, etc. right before my eyes and not from me going into a room, then coming out and it's broken. I want to see HOW it got broken. Other things like illusions from well-placed scenery would be nice. things to trick the mind into seeing things that aren't really there. Mirages too.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
  • Flexibility: I don't know how to explain it, but DmC had a lot of flexibility when it came to movement and jumping so I'd like to see that. Along with the detail put into the movements of the characters.
I think what you mean is "realism". Compared to the past series and its unrealistically stiff movements, DmC tried to be more practical. Honestly they didn't do any better of a job of that since some of the moves don't segway well into another.

Bazilican

The superior platforming from DmC would also be great. The platforming in the originals was always freaking awful.

I felt platforming in DMC4 the most awful. You had to go specifically down the linear path. Granted, DmC wasn't a step up in a super big way though, but at least I had the challenge of not falling.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
I'm gonna write a more detailed answer since I was kind of in a hurry when I first posted.

1. I don't really understand this one. I guess you mean in DMC4's case, million stab, royal guard, guard cancel, swordmaster, pop shredder, gunslinger, rainstorm? I guess that could get kind of annoying so I agree. I'm totally for easier ways to chain combos together if it doesn't hurt the number of moves and the depth of the game.

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. I don't care that much but more attention to detail is always welcome.

5. Sure if it won't go too extreme like Bayonetta on some encounters.

6. Was in 3 but would be nice to see it back.

7. While I didn't like Aquila very much, I could see that move being fun to use on a different weapon.

8. Yeah, sure.

9. It got kind of annoying to me but some kind of a different atmosphere effect combined with the original DT transformation would be fun to see.

10. I think I would prefer the proud souls system but make it less difficult to get the last few moves.

11. Sure

12. Sure

13. Sure

14. Sure

15. I like the fact that you could get lost in these places. I would actually like for it to go back to the DMC3 and DMC1 level design where you could really get lost.

16. As I said I had no problems with this personally.

17. Meh. I don't care personally.

18. Sure I guess.

I hope platforming doesn't come back though. In both DMC and DmC it interrupted the action for me.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
DmC was pretty linear. To be honest, I thought it was too linear for a game that pretty. I often found myself wanting to wander off but I'd be stopped by an invisible wall. I wish the game had more exploration in case the player wanted to explore. (But I suppose NT is going for that with Hellblade so I won't complain.)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I meant the world changing colors, shifting, breaking apart, etc. right before my eyes and not from me going into a room, then coming out and it's broken. I want to see HOW it got broken. Other things like illusions from well-placed scenery would be nice. things to trick the mind into seeing things that aren't really there. Mirages too.
Oh, what I meant that u can still use this effects in gothic setting of original ones.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Apart from the weapon switching and aquila buy in and maybe the osiris aerials for multiple enemies I wouldn't add much else tobe honest , I would rather no pplatforming in DMC5 at all and I want an updated version of 4's combat and style switching a more fluid version

oh and the inverse rainstorm but allow it to spin up higher that was cool

ji-high

*Some sort of training mode.

It still boggles my mind that, in a franchise about creating stylish combos, the developers didn't think that giving the players a way to practice was necessary. I might be wrong but apparently you still can't turn off BP's timer in DMC4 SE which is frankly stupid in my opinion. Especially after DmC practice mode.

*An immersive world and interesting lore.

The story telling in Bayonetta might be mediocre but everything in that game just screams 'witches vs sages'/'demons vs angels'. You really feel like Bayonetta belongs there. The lore is great too. Stuff like Antonio's notes and witches graves were really nice additions imo. I felt like everything 'made sense' so to speak. Ninja Gaiden did this pretty well too. NT was on the right path(Limbo was a great idea) so i hope Capcom can follow suit.

*A more interesting protagonist

I like one liners as much as the next guy but if that's the character only trait then it gets boring pretty quickly. Whoever was Bayonetta 2 director probably thought the same because she shows a wider range of emotions in that game while still being cocky as hell.

*Better level design

Gameplay wise i know the game is going to be stellar so i'll just let them do their thing.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Ohh, I'd LOVE a training mode where you can pick your own enemy. Do you guys think that would make the game easier? Because I'd probably spend most of my time practicing fighting the dreamrunner.

Judge

Agree with most that list except the DT, which I thought was better in previous games. I did not like the black and white background, it was jarring. Vergil's DT was done perfectly and thats how they should've done DT with Dante. Giving Dante functions rather than cosmetic changes with increased damage.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Agree with most that list except the DT, which I thought was better in previous games. I did not like the black and white background, it was jarring. Vergil's DT was done perfectly and thats how they should've done DT with Dante. Giving Dante functions rather than cosmetic changes with increased damage.

Well I meant both increased damage, AND cosmetic change.

Whoever was Bayonetta 2 director probably thought the same because she shows a wider range of emotions in that game while still being cocky as hell.
This. Bayo's character in 2 was a lot more mature and wider in character. She felt concerned for Jeanne and Loki's well-being, while still being the badass she was from the first game.

Captain Xin

• Training mode, give the newcomers somewhere to practice those fancy combo moves.
  • Variety of music, don't get me wrong, I love Devils Never Cry and Shall Never surrender back in the day, but hearing those songs over and over and over again in the bloody palace was something I'd rather not happened to my brain again_I could almost memorize those lyrics!
  • The better level design, DmC had some of the most creative crazy places I've seen on my Xbox360, and I appreciate that.
  • Must style mode,in my humble opinion, it's a perfect tool for training the next michellegun201:wink:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I think what you mean is "realism". Compared to the past series and its unrealistically stiff movements, DmC tried to be more practical. Honestly they didn't do any better of a job of that since some of the moves don't segway well into another.

i think he meant the same pacing or physics, in 4, walking n running was in the same pace and then you jump, oh boy, that jump was on nother level and unrealistic --ah, right, realism.. i'd like to see them change this too.. but when you think about it, maybe that nother level of jumping was what made the jump cancel harder..

Bazilican

i think he meant the same pacing or physics, in 4, walking n running was in the same pace and then you jump, oh boy, that jump was on nother level and unrealistic --ah, right, realism.. i'd like to see them change this too.. but when you think about it, maybe that nother level of jumping was what made the jump cancel harder..
I didn't mean jumping and air dashes smart ass. I meant the smaller movements Dante does.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Bazilican: No need for the completely uncalled for aggressive attitude towards a member who never even initiated any problem with you to begin with. It's not on.

@absolitude: I understand your frustration, but don't bother rising to stuff like this. Please just report it in future.

You guys can carry on, hopefully in a nicer fashion.

Top Bottom