• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Winter-Long Wait for Information...

scionicspectre

So, we've been waiting for more information concerning Special Edition for almost an entire season at this point, with nothing but the possible confirmation of a PC release from a German games rating body. How have you been handling the wait? Are you the kind to just chill out and see when something happens, or are you going full speed on the hype train despite the information drought?

Personally, I've never played Devil May Cry as often as I have the past three months just trying to keep my excitement in check. Now that DmC: DE is released, the likelihood of getting some news on this has definitely increased, so I figured it would be a good time to have a thread for everyone to vent and share their recent experiences in the fandom as we wait out the final stretch to some official information.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
I've been handling the wait rather well actually. I haven't acted like I'm on the edge of my seat for information when I really am.

The first few days after announcement: I talked the ears off of everyone I could. I mentioned my hopes and my dreams and everything I wished for in the special edition and the continuation of the original timeline. This had to be a sign that the original Dante and story line wasn't gone for good, that Capcom still cared about the original series Dante and Vergil who I love dearly. I played through DMC4, of course, as well. I also started following the DMC4:SE thread on NeoGaf. I even made the teaser image my wallpaper.

The following months: I joined the forum and kept up with the news regarding DmC: DE. I'd taken to checking Capcom Unity's page multiple times a week in hopes of new information. I even have a Google Alert set for Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (along with North Korea and ISIS, obviously). My excitement died down though and I didn't start conversations about it with my friends and family anymore, which they were likely relieved for.

The end of February, every day of March: I've been religiously checking Capcom Unity and this forum. I just want information! I've been pondering when new information will surface from official sources and pondering what the edition will add, again. That said, I changed my wallpaper and stopped reading Devil May Cry fanfiction (admittedly I more or less ran out of any with passable grammar and spelling...).

Ugh... Information! Information! Information!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
My experience has been basically the same as Peanut's, although without the "joining the forums due to the news" bit.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think we lucky if any info at all. I have feeling Capcom isnt interested in DMC anymore

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think we lucky if any info at all. I have feeling Capcom isnt interested in DMC anymore

Kobayashi said they would show SE stuff.
And if they were uninterested in any way, they wouldn't bother coming up with a 7 yo game's Special Edition. That comes after DmC DE too.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Kobayashi said they would show SE stuff.
And if they were uninterested in any way, they wouldn't bother coming up with a 7 yo game's Special Edition. That comes after DmC DE too.
I dunno. honestly I feel it's only to gather more money for DmC2 since they know DMC4 is insta buy for all fans, who's not fond of new direction of franchise

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So, why would they do DMC 4:SE? Unless you think it's more a case of money, rather than pleasing fans?

But even if it's to make money, it would still show there's interest from their part.

@Innsmouth hmmm using the best selling DMC game to gather more in order to make a game whose first chapter didn't sell that well for their standard and received (and still receives) major backlash? Nah.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94: Well yeah, same thing could be said if they make DMC 5.

Yeah I was responding to the theory that DMC4 SE's purpose is to gather money to make a DmC2, which seems highly unlikely to me.

If I sell oranges, and they sell well, then I decide to sell apples, and they don't sell that well and people despise them, I don't go back selling oranges only to gather money to make more apples. Rather, I'll keep selling oranges, period.

And pls, enough with this "it's Capcom" argument. Say what you want about them, but they're not THAT stupid, they go where money is. And it's not DmC, so I wouldn't fret.

Viper

Premium
On day 1 my friend woke up to a message from me that sounded like I went totally bonkers from happiness.
After that I tried to be relaxed about it, though I still had my moments. At least I'm still sane. I totally am. Now if you'll excuse me... *puts on a cap and takes out a tranquilizer rifle* Shh, be vewy, vewy quiet... I'm hunting a Vewgil. XD

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The same way I plan on withstanding the hype and anticipation till summer arrives with actual news about the game outside of a single image of Vergil: buying and playing DmC until my PS4 turns into a crisp.

Or, you know...just wait some more. And stare longingly at that image of Vergil (or in my case, listen longingly to the Japanese voice-acting I've pleaded for since day one).

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
It's just me or Vergil has something or someone in his arms?!

Top Bottom