• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Winter-Long Wait for Information...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It would be so great if Nero morphed into Vergil and he ended up falling in love with Kyrie.... :D heheeheeehahah!

I'm sorry. I HAD TO SAY IT LOL.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
How have you been handling the wait?
How have I been handling?
6rlNaPB.gif

I'm..not..doing..very..well...

I was working on a fanfiction based on the events between DMC3 and DMC1, wanting to explain everything about Nero and Vergil's disappearance in my own way and I've taken it too seriously, I made codex files for each character. So I was already somewhat on the high ground on the hype scale.

Then the Special Edition came down and all the hell brake loose for me. My reaction was somewhat similar to this even though I have no idea what they're saying;

And since then...even though I know Capcom won't even satisfy half of my enormous hype, I was checking every single source of news constantly. Google news, YouTube channels, Capcom Unity, this forum(this is the exact reason I signed up), Facebook groups and on and on... I'M GOING CRAZY AND I KNOW I WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE but I just can't help it. Vergil is a beloved character to me and so is DMC as a franchise, it is one of the things defined my life.

So even hearing some mere speculation could make me the happiest person in the world right now!

Even seeing those 4 seconds in the Definitive Edition launch trailer almost made me cry now. I just missed him so much...

And the trailer... What is that place? Certainly doesn't look like Fortuna Castle... The buildings look older and more suburb than the DMC4. And why is Vergil hiding himself anyway? Is he back from the dead? So many questions... I'm not doing very well.

Dominus

Looks like we probably will get a campaign folks (get hype). But I will keep my hype in check until that's actually confirmed. Some people might say "well DMC3:SE had a couple cutscenes added too, what makes you think this won't have 2 cutscenes and be done", b/c DMC4 had 0 dlcs, DmC has a Vergil campaign, and they want people to rebuy a 7 year old game ad 40 bucks, etc.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Innsmouth:

Well that is a very good point you make just by saying 'No it can't'. You disagree but the idea of giving me any reasons as to why you do seem to have eluded you.

Would you kindly share your view so I can understand what you meant by this? Thanks.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Innsmouth:

Well that is a very good point you make just by saying 'No it can't'. You disagree but the idea of giving me any reasons as to why you do seem to have eluded you.

Would you kindly share your view so I can understand what you meant by this? Thanks.
Concept of DMC5 was canned long ago. In the last few years all Capcom was talking about was DmC. Why they retract on their DmC stance to make DMC5 instead? They stated they want to actively continue partnership with NT so why waste efforts themselves when they can charge NT with this? I highly doubt we see DMC5 as long as possibility of DmC exists

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
But even if it's to make money, it would still show there's interest from their part.

@Innsmouth hmmm using the best selling DMC game to gather more in order to make a game whose first chapter didn't sell that well for their standard and received (and still receives) major backlash? Nah.

Good point.

Their safest bet is DMC5 right about now, it would make no sense to cash in on a DMC4 SE and then put it towards DmC2 if you ask me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Since DmC I have chilled out and became the wait and see kind of guy so I tend not to get hype or judge till i see something concrete. Plus Im more mixed about DMC4 and dont really like the anime so im not really feeling yet

So i think i'll probably have more to say when another trailer comes out and i have a better sense of how i feel towards the classics.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So, we've been waiting for more information concerning Special Edition for almost an entire season at this point, with nothing but the possible confirmation of a PC release from a German games rating body. How have you been handling the wait? Are you the kind to just chill out and see when something happens, or are you going full speed on the hype train despite the information drought?

Personally, I've never played Devil May Cry as often as I have the past three months just trying to keep my excitement in check. Now that DmC: DE is released, the likelihood of getting some news on this has definitely increased, so I figured it would be a good time to have a thread for everyone to vent and share their recent experiences in the fandom as we wait out the final stretch to some official information.

I think I fall somewhere in the middle; I'm kinda excited, but I can't go into full "hype-train" mode, because for one, I don't have a next gen console, and for two--I haven't really been gaming, lately. I want to, but it just hasn't been priority one, as of late. So I guess that's probably curbing my enthusiasm somewhat.

Mostly though, I'm just sitting back, waiting to see what comes of it. With any luck, maybe I'll have a next gen by the time DMC4: SE is about to be released. Hell, I might just pick up playing DMC4 again (sporadically) until then. :) My fingers have been itching to slay some demons, lately...

Top Bottom