• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Voice Acting & Dialogue of DmC

What do you think of the voice acting & dialgoue in this one?

• Its pretty weak and bad

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Its at least better than DMC1 & DMC2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just as good as the DMC's before it

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Its better than every other DMC that is for sure

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • ITS AMAZING, the voice actors done a great job this time

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Geez...lets try this again.

One thing I've seen people complain about the most outside how they view the combat, the speed, the character design, and how they view the story, is the voice acting and dialogue.

It is in fact one of the least discussed topics in the forums maybe the dialogue but not the voice acting and the actors selected......also while were at it we can discuss the motion acting.

So what do you think about it and your free to discuss on the topic.

On the side note, who here thinks Vergil might be voiced by Yuri Lowenthal or sounds close to him?

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Important:
Let's keep this in mind.

The only dialogue (two or more characters talking) we've heard in this game so far has been greatly abridged (in the three most recent trailers) and some pre-fight trash talk.

It may be a little soon to judge the dialogue.

Voice acting seems great.
I'll just wait for the final product as far as that goes.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Important:
Let's keep this in mind.

The only dialogue (two or more characters talking) we've heard in this game so far has been greatly abridged (in the three most recent trailers) and some pre-fight trash talk.

It may be a little soon to judge the dialogue.

Voice acting seems great.
I'll just wait for the final product as far as that goes.

Yeah I should fix that but I'm too lazy to......I might make a 2.0 thread for this....or someone might after the game comes out.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Can't really comment yet. I gotta see the whole game first. So far I think it's good. Hearing Tim Phillipps with an American accent is really spot on.

RedgraveStorm

Since we haven't heard enough of the dialogue yet to fairly judge, I'll just say that I think the voice acting at least is way better sounding than earlier games.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Just watched the video and i do agree with some of his points. The video is seems just an analysis of what we have seen about this dante so far but wait for the final product and after i finished it, that is where i would conclude whether Punk dante is a good or a bad character.

Domenic93

but you got
Just watched the video and i do agree with some of his points. The video is seems just an analysis of what we have seen about this dante so far but wait for the final product and after i finished it, that is where i would conclude whether Punk dante is a good or a bad character.
to admit that it is probably a good example of what to expect for the game

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Most games that i thought it would be something bad or the character would be bad is the contrary.
And to admit what? lol fail....

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well, I agree that the one liners at times seem tacked on and Dante does come off as a douche to everyone at first- But understand this is the story of how a man becomes a hero, he will be abrasive and douche-y at first because that's the result of his experiences thus far. Even in the Vergil trailer, you see how he isn't thrilled at the idea of the little rebellion that anonymu- the order- I mean, is planning. Compare however, his behavior from the earliest levels to the latest levels and through the trailers we've seen, there's a definite progression of character and his focus seems to go from "**** these demons" to "I have to save these people." Even Alex Jones said that in the story he goes from joining Vergil just to get revenge on demons to getting involved in the bigger picture later on both due to the rightness of the cause and the opportunity to bond with the only family he's had. I believe he will grow as a character.

Now the 'sack of ****' and '**** yoooooooou' back-and-forth thing... Yeah. Dante should've just said "Your prom date." and "You don't look a day over 12,000" and left it at that with the succubus spitting at him then immediately starting the fight. What people don't understand about profanity is that is is a language modifier. It is like adding peppers to a recipe. It intensifies any statement like typing in caps AND IT CAN COME OFF JUST AS IDIOTIC TO MANY PEOPLE IF NOT DONE PROPERLY AND USED WITH DISCRETION. The blatant forced profanity takes away from the nonchalant directness of the quips which would be funnier then due to how casually they are delivered. This Dante's sense of humor would be best delivered dry and witty, not jokey and gimmicky. Ninja theory's better than that.

Also, it is interesting to note that this is the first time Tammem has no chains on him. With heavenly sword and Enslaved Andy Serkis directed the scenes and both games had another writer brought in to re-write the initial script. Heavenly swords' script was almost completely redone by that writer and changes were made, in Enslaved, to Monkey's character. Both of these writers made changes to make the protagonist more likable and to maintain character consistency. Originally, Monkey blatantly murders a slave on the ship and trip sees this which is why she has no problem enslaving this vicious ape-man. This game will be the first time Tammem has no restraint on how the story is told. He is sole writer and director. Take this how you will.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im not that against DmC dante changes given that we dont know the full plan for DmC when we first saw the game come out.

Plus he seems to be a more complete version of DMC3 Dante so it wasnt a big deal for me.

Dante94513

"You don't look a day over 12,000"
"BLLAAAAAA!'

...Yeah, I can't see that happening. Sorry! It's almost as forced as:

"Wanna make it another 2000?"
"SILENCCCE"

EllDawn

On the original topic, I'd have to say it sounds just fine so far. I'll have to save my final decision for after I play the game. The dialog I've heard sounds more natural to me than what you heard in the original series.

On the video, with how much time is left before the game's release, there are probably more changes coming. I don't really hear the same thing he does when I hear Dante talk. Not everything he says sounds snarky to me. His image is something I'd rather they not change, now. And his DT is something I don't have a problem with, but then I can easily get tired of characters turning into monsters, I've seen it so much.

Top Bottom