• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The start of an original story

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Legal crap: The Precepts of Candour is the work of and therefore copyright is reserved by Joshua Van-Cook. Unauthorised reproduction in part or whole is strictly prohibited.

The Precepts of Candour.

Chapter I: The sword saint

The duellists approached each other. Picking up the rapiers designated to each of them, they bowed to each other before moving back five paces to prepare for the duel. One man was slight, the other was muscular. They were roughly the same height. The muscular man’s eyes showed determination whilst the slight mans eyes were sharp and cold enough to pierce stone. The two were both warriors of great renown. After the countdown, they approached one another. The blades met briefly at a high angle then came together in a lock lower down. The muscular man broke the lock, forcing the slight man back, the slight man spun his sword, grazing his opponent’s chest. The robes they wore were grey but the blood from the strong mans chest dyed his robes an unnatural dark crimson . The muscular man retaliated with a high blow which caught the slight mans sword at a weak angle, knocking his sword out of his hand. The muscular man slashed low but the slight man back flipped to reclaim his sword. Sword raised, the slight man attacked the muscular man, after a deflected attack, his sword cut his opponent off at the knees. Raising his sword, the slight man delivered fatal blow to the head. The duel was over.

After the duel the slight man was approached by his master. “You fought well”
The compliment was taken as intended but the slight man knew that there was more to be said.
“O’rhochi, the duel is not simply about besting your adversary, you lost the form close to the end, you did not receive honour from this duel.”
“Tell me then master, if honour is so valuable, why do those who practice so ardently in it die in such short order?”
“You are a cynical man, O’rhochi. Remember, those without dignity may not die so quickly but that is because they have but half a life.”
“Do you mean…?”
“Yes, the candles that burn brightest burn shortest.”
“Maybe so, however, it does seem as though the drive to live is more powerful than the desire for honour.”
“Life?!” The old man spat at the word “Life is not worth living if you are detested by every other soul alive!”
O’rhochi’s eyes flashed with menace.
“Desist, Uifos” O’rhochi said “Your words, no matter how passionately said, ring hollow to me.”
The old man was taken aback, not since the war of mages had anyone called him by name.
“Then we’re enemies?” Uifos demanded indignantly.
“It seems so” Said O’rhochi who then ran his master through with his blade. Cleaning the blade, he turned to the crowd.
“The sword saint is no more!” he said, his sword at the ready.
There was a stunned silence. After all, killing a master was an act of ultimate dishonour, it had been done by no human until that time and only a few times by the Ysevtin (Barbaric creatures who fed off the anguish of humans. It was thought that they were all killed during the war of mages.) A student under Uifos came forward.
“We label you as Turpis the cursed heart.” The student then readied his blade but his throat had already been opened by O’rhochi’s blade.
“If you don’t wish to see more bloodshed, I suggest you all leave. His voice was brutally impassive. His eyes were as cold as the great ice-over caused by Gelidus elementals in the most unforgiving winter four years ago. Outraged, the crowd attacked him on all sides, he was disarmed but he was able to flee the clutches of the crowd. He sealed himself inside the chamber of forgotten arts wherein he bide his time and learn magic lore. Power was all he needed, honour was glorification of an attribute so utterly superfluous, it sickened him to the very heart. Soon he would become as corrupt as his label.

He sought not only the arcane arts with which to control the elements, control, read and warp the minds of others as well as weaving illusion and deceit. He also sought the pure arts of regeneration, remedy from disease and raising the dead. He knew first he must try the basic arcane magics he had studied before but not actually been able to utilise. He tried pyrokinesis first. To his disappointment, he was only able to call smoke. He tried again, this time channelling all of his willpower. He created a small flame in the corner. Smiling to himself, he was on his way to becoming autocrat of the realm. The autocrats had long since disappeared into an almost universal state of liberal democracy. The poor were contented and so were the rich all had what they needed and help was given to those who most needed it., it was a state of complete utopia. O’rhochi however thought that happiness should be earned through hard work. If a minority of people were poor it was due to a lack of effort on their behalf, those who did not contribute to this utopia had no right to live in it. He saw an odd looking wall on one of the sides of the chamber. He beckoned it to open, the door seemed to dissolve leading into a room. The room was thick with a fey energy. It was hard to describe, it wasn’t solid, but neither was it liquid or gaseous. It was almost as if Gelidus, Aquilo, Terra and Ignis, elementals had congregated releasing their respective energies of ice, wind, earth and fire in some form as to somehow feel really mundane on the surface yet harboured deep preternatural morbidity. O’rhochi heard voices of a thousand pangs of starvation and thirst. He realised that these were the hungers and thirsts for the power located in this room, how they had come this far, likely to perish at the hands of some truly fearsome guardian of power beyond compare. He would soon be ready to confront it.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter II: The innocent

Dyshthale awoke, she had had a nightmare. First there was the darkness, then the serpent then there were eyes of a cold that somehow seemed to burn through her. This was not the first time she’d had these kind of dreams. Although her friends and family thought she was a bit odd. She claimed to be psychically hypersensitive. The serpent itself was not evil. That much she knew, the serpents were revered amongst her people as silent creatures, just as silent and cunning as the night itself. They would never seek animosity between their kind and humans. Maybe the serpent was to help her should this unfortunate event occur. “For the sake of the goddess” she mumbled grumpily before trying to get to sleep again, albeit to no avail. Her parents were waiting for her downstairs. They looked disturbed, as if something terrible had happened. “What’s happened?” She asked, she was still a child of twelve and had all of the inquisitiveness one could ever possess in their lifetime. “Do you remember the master Uifos?” Said her mother shakily.
“Yes, he’s a great warrior and author of half of my books on the topics of self defence and magic lore.”
“He’s dead” Her father said bluntly.
This came as a frightful shock to Dyshthale.
“W-what, when, how?” Her eyes were shivering from this news but her body was rooted to where she was standing.
“One of his students stabbed him, rapier wound. The way they make those swords now, they could deliver a killing blow to an Ysevtin”
“Who in their right mind could have done something so terrible?”
“The name of that God & Goddess forsaken ******* is O’rhochi.” Replied her father
“O’rhochi? That name seems very familiar”
“Probably, he was favoured by the old man for his virtually unparalleled skill with a blade, many a powerful warrior fell to his sword and many cowards ran from it, he was regarded as a one-man army.” Replied her father
“What happened?”
“He became more and more idealistic during his training, he started to care less for honour and gave himself more and more to the tainted heart of battle. The heart he now carries ‘Turpis’ is darker and more unknowable than the essence of night itself.” Replied her mother.

“By the goddess!” Dyshthale gasped.
“What is it?” It was her mother who asked.
“You don’t think it could be happening again do you.”
“What?” Asked her mother, concerned for her daughter.
“You don’t think war’s coming again do you?”
“What?”
“Look at the signs, betrayal, deep rooted unrest if the stars move again I’ll have no doubt.”
“Listen, have you forgotten what was put in place?” Asked her father.
“No but…”
“No but? The precepts of candour will be upheld. To allow another war to break out would abolish them all almost simultaneously. You know how it is with wars, neighbour fighting neighbour. The stench of betrayal, avarice and the like, that would infuriate the God and Goddess. That is why the Precept keeper was sent down, to watch over us, to destroy hypocrisy, betrayal and other such forms of dishonesty.
“Why didn’t it catch O’rhochi?”
“That’s a very good question, I don’t have an answer. We have lived with these precepts for a very long time, if we abandon them now, society would be thrown into absolute chaos. Dishonesty would plague the world and this world would sink into the excrement it produces. Exacerbating this would be the fact that the God and Goddess would be forced into animosity with us and likewise the serpents would turn on us. We can’t risk that, can’t you see. If you are psychically hypersensitive then you must be able to sense this.”
“I’m sorry dad” She said sobbing into his arm.
“It’s alright, I’m not angry with you. This news came as a shock to all of us and for the first time since the times of conservative autocracy, we are thrown into a time of capriciousness.”
“Surely this can’t last!” Dyshthale sobbed.
“It won’t he will be brought down!” Her father assured her but Dyshthale could sense his anxiety as well.

Calming down, Dyshthale went out into the back garden. The house was made of marble and onyx. It was not small but neither was it gargantuan, it was beautifully framed in the emerald grass by which ran a stream of water. The water’s transparency was akin to that of the air itself. Dyshthale took off her shoes and paddled in the stream she went up the stream for a while but then she saw something she did not expect, a vast shadow was moving towards her. The sun’s light was twisted and warped within the shadow to reflect an unnatural, putrid looking green which spread out just ahead of the main body of the shadow itself, devouring the land and sapping up the water as it advanced. She turned to run back to the house to warn her parents. They came out and saw the blackness devouring the land. A figure approached them from behind “Run!” the figure shouted, the voice was definitely male. He drew a bow and an odd looking metallic arrow and shot it into the encroaching darkness. A multitude of voices called forth from the darkness in anguish and the looming shadow slowed and then stopped.

Dyshthale and her family were watching from a distance then the figure who had just saved them appeared before them. Taking the mask off, the man looked at the family he had just rescued. He looked to be in his early thirties and had medium length straight hair that was jet black in its colouration. His eyes were an ocean blue and they almost seemed to glow whether that was due to the actual colouration of his eyes or due to his strange power was unknown to them but Dyshthale knew he was a Beatus mage.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter III: The Beatus Mage

“Who are you?” Dyshthale’s father asked the man.
“Just a passer-by who happened to notice you were in a spot of bother.” The man replied. “You’re a Beatus mage aren’t you?” Dyshthale asked
“You have a perceptive daughter, sir... Alright I shall introduce myself properly, my name is Endrynash. May I know your names?”
“I am Chajus; this is my wife Ajelya and my daughter Dyshthale.” Her father replied.
“I’m pleased to have made your acquaintances. now if you don’t mind I have some loose ends to tie up.” The man said quietly before turning to leave.
“Hey, what was that thing just now, what’s going on?!” Dyshthale shouted after him.
“That ‘thing’ was an evil entity consisting of darkness and energies that my kin banished a long time ago. If my thoughts should prove correct, we are all in very deep peril.”
“Why, what do you fear is happening?” Chajus demanded.
“Okay, I’ll tell you but you must take everything I tell you seriously”
“Tell us!” shouted Dyshthale
“Alright…”

Subchapter I: The Story of the Beatus Mage

Two hundred years ago there was the war of the Ysevtin and humanity. This war not only consisted of swords, spears, bows and battle axes but also magic. Mankind had learned the basic principles of magic lore and were keen to start their dominion over this world. The primitive Ysevtin were powerful mages at the time, even though they lacked humanity’s innate intelligence, they were born as masters of the elements. They did not hate humanity as such but they wanted to cause humanity as much pain as possible. They gain both power and pleasure from your pain. Generally the Ysevtin were kept in check and if one did appear, it was killed on sight. However, they persisted, each time coming back more and more numerous. The Order of the Magi decided to attempt to destroy them once and for all. The order set out to try and cut them off at the source by destroying the Ysecryst, a crystal which is the prerequisite for them to live. The Order managed to rejuvenate the plant life that had been destroyed by the Ysevtin and once again sanctify the apexes of candour which had been desecrated by the Ysevtin.

After that, though the war became harder fought and even more vitriolic; the Ysevtin were actually breeding purely for soldiers against us and their desire to cause us anguish served to ensure absolute camaraderie in their ranks. They couldn’t wield weapons like humans could because their arms did not end with hands fit for wielding any type of melee or ranged weapon. However, their magical prowess caused the order a great deal of hardship. The order was being pushed back by a maelstrom of malicious magics. Eventually members of the order mastered powers which turned the battle in our favour. Powers to cause deluge and lightning strikes were the key contributors to our victory. The order pushed them back to their homeland of Ilksei.

Eventually the surviving Ysevtin were rounded up and systematically executed. However it is said that one of them claimed that
“The great one, though forever he may lie,
When awoken he will forget to die.”
The great one was no doubt their leader who was known as Y’ujna the wroth.
This is my fear, if he has returned to plague this realm, stopping him will be almost impossible.

Chapter III (cont…)

“So now we are faced with O’rhochi and Y’ujna?” Asked Chajus
“O’rhochi, oh the turncoat, probably.” Endrynash replied.
“What can we do about them then?” Asked Ajelya
“Probably not a lot, but luck favours the prepared. Keep that in mind. Right now the best course of action is for you to get out of Wildelyn. You would be well advised to go south, In Honeybrew forest you will find an outpost of the Order of the Magi. They will offer protection and training if you wish it. I would take them up on that offer if you wish to stand a fighting chance against either of these truly malevolent foes.”
“Thank you” Dyshthale said, and her gratitude was genuine.
“You are welcome, I cannot hold this storm back for much longer, get going!”

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
wow, thats awsome, i didnt read it through exact, but i did it fairly close, im sorta playin a game ATM lol, il look through it better later

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
An intelligent, well-paced read. Not overly complex in the language but keeps a style which engages the old brain cells whilst being accessible at the same time.

In short, ME LIKEY :D

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Thank you very much. It's only up to chapter 4. I'll try to keep it at this standard whilst of course putting in twists where they should come in.:) When it's finished, I'll post it here first.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
THAT WAS SIMPLY BRILLIANT MAN. Tantalising to the mindbuds my good man :) +rep pal, can't wait for the next part.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
LordOfDarkness;89355 said:
THAT WAS SIMPLY BRILLIANT MAN. Tantalsing to the mindbuds my good man :) +rep pal, can't wait for the next part.

Thanks, I've done a few more chapters, I'll post the whole thing when it's finished.:)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
On second thought, it's up to you. Would you rather me post the whole thing (which may take a hell of a long time). Or just post chapters here on completion. I've completed a few already.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Post a few chapters at a time :) that's the best way that I find it -gets more views and replies- :)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Okay chapter 4

Chapter IV: The Order of the Magi
Honeybrew forest was an idyllic dream. Flora and fauna were bounteous and motley in their variety. Dyshthale looked around in astonished awe at her surroundings. The leaves of the trees were a rich violet hue and gold rimmed their extremities. The wind was warm and gentle, its passage through the trees blew a multitude of notes in a most mellifluous form. The grass underfoot was a facet of myriad emerald shades. The wood was divided by a river of crystalline purity and air like transparency, nigh on invisible, its presence was one betrayed by ripple when they appeared in the otherwise tranquil waters of the river. The river itself was home to many varieties of fish but it was sparsely populated so the waters were never disturbed by the fisher folk.

The three made their way through the woods, although it was a place of beauty, the sylvan mages had hidden their outpost well and the density of the body of trees it possessed made it all the more labyrinthine. Eventually they found a ramshackle old building, its stark contrast with the rest of the forest made the three wonder why it took them so long to find it. They entered the building, it was as if they had been expected. Several people awaited them inside. They all were wearing the same type of attire that Endrynash had worn. There was much diversity in both age and skin colour, it seemed as though these were representatives of particular guilds of the Order of The Magi.

“Hello,” said an elderly black mage “I am Elherral, chief Beatus mage of Ra’dignion, these are my friends and allies, Tournael, high Adiuvo mage of Demtria.” He said gesturing to a forty-ish white mage to his left. The man was calm, it was a strange feeling for the family, as if an aura of gentleness emanated from his eyes, they were large and brown and in spite of the rest of his appearance, they looked as if they belonged to a child of indiscriminate compassion.
“Yaela, Obstinatus mage of In’thallion” Elherral said gesturing to a female mage to his right. She was dark of skin but not exactly black. The resolve behind her eyes was only too plain to see. It was as if she could tell what was happening even though in that building, time seemed to stand still. She bowed her head slightly.

“L’hargerith, Celir mage of In’thallion” Elherral spoke gesturing to a young mage who was sitting next to Yaela. He was quite tall, he had short black hair that was slicked back. His eyes were a piercing blue. Not the type of dreamy ocean blue that Endrynash had but pale, narrow and piercing. It was slightly uncomfortable for the family being under his unblinking gaze. It was as if he could look into one’s soul and know them before a single word was spoken.

“L’hargerith and Yaela are cousins. Wherever one of them goes the other will be close behind.” Elherral stated.
Elherral then proceeded to introduce the family to his colleagues “These are Chajus, Ajelya and Dyshthale. They have been entrusted to us by Endrynash, we will not fail him.”
“Who is Endrynash to you?” Asked Chajus
“Endrynash is our leader, he formed the Order of the Magi back in the great war” Elherral replied.
“He can’t be that old!” Dyshthale gasped
“Older still, he had lived a sum of two hundred and fifty years until then” Elheherral responded merrily seeing Dyshthale’s shocked face.
“How?” Dyshthale managed to ask eventually.
“Nobody knows, I score less than one third of his age and yet age has caught me sooner than him and I am far from unfamiliar with the arts of rejuvenation.”
“He seemed to detatch himself a bit whilst telling his story of the war of the mages”
“Well, he would do. He entrusted a certain young mage a little too much. The youth disobeyed a direct command which could have cost us the war. He never really trusted or confided in anyone after that. His heart is unknowable even to L’hargerith and myself.”
“He said he feared that the leader of the Ysevtin may have returned” Dyshthale said.
“Aye, and the rest of us with him. The renegade warrior O’rhochi fled into the chamber of forgotton arts. We know that before he did, a powerful entity entered it, whether the two are hand in glove, ignorant of each other or sworn enemies are not known to us. Neither really are they relevant. Whichever way it ends, both powers will emerge from the chamber and possession of this world will be stripped from democratic hands and we will be plunged into a time of great upheaval.”

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter V: The Wroth

Yujna lay in wait. A long time had now passed since the war of mages. He sensed a powerful fighting spirit nearby. He smiled to himself, that anyone should go alone into the lions den. One thousand strangled cries echoed through the chamber, the souls of those he had consumed. Their agonies strengthened him and acted as a cathartic release. The long ages of time were embedded in his memories. Times of hate, his power had not dwindled in his long slumber and neither had his alertness. He felt the unrest above, the shadows had returned to the world. Once scavengers, now hunters, the shadows of the blackened realm had spilled forth to claim both the living and the dead of both animal and plant. The time was almost right, he just needed to capture the lone warrior that was in his domain and extract his power.

“Darkness once came to the world,
Unto the world came darkness to counter the light,
The light that never knew doubt,
It shall know nothing but uncertainty,
Bleak vistas of realities unknown to even the celestial bodies,
Borne of capriciousness,
The precepts of candour will fail,
The knelling bells that toll the folly of humans,
They shall sound amidst eons of anguish,
The precept keeper will be disenchanted,
In its disillusionment it shall press the human domain into oblivion,
God and Goddess weep as their sons and daughters flee in forms defying all order,
For every balance an imbalance has to occur,
‘Tis the price of progress,
The realities shall unfold,
So cruel they freeze the veins of men,
The abyss’ mouth will open,
Swallowing all joy.”

This was the prophecy made by the old leader I’hirid the preteller.
An apt name it would be for him if this did happen. However Y’ujna would stop at nothing to fulfil his namesake and bring utmost terror upon mankind rather than waiting for the stars to shift in their favour. That was a lazy, cowardly strategy with no guarantee of success. “Fortune favours the prepared.” That is what they said, and he would be prepared for any eventuality. The chance would come soon.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter VI: The Internal Conflict

O’rhochi had now mastered many spells including many thought only to exist in legend. The chamber’s power filled him with the means to discover this new power. Sword at the ready, he strode into the main part of the chamber. There was a creature that awaited him, it was without a doubt one of the Ysevtin. He rushed at it but the creature telekinetically picked him up and threw him across the chamber. He hit against the wall but retained his consciousness and released a maelstrom of magics ranging fire, thunder, wind, snow avalanches, rocks. The creature remained completely unscathed.
“Give yourself to me,
O’rhochi, you know you can’t win”
The creature was speaking to him inside his head. Orhochi shook his head as if for the voice to go away. The creature lunged at him with one of its long, sinewy arms, Only to have it cut off when O’rhochi’s rapier met its mark.
The creature continued to taunt him inside his mind
“You may have harmed me but you have harmed yourself more. People will praise me for killing you.”
“Their words and deeds are even less important to me than yours are, beast, and to be quite truthful, that is quite inconsequential” He smiled wickedly.
“My spirit clings to life, wherever that maybe, even if you somehow manage to destroy my body, my spirit will take yours”
“Your words ring hollow to my ears”
“But I’m not speaking to your ears am I?”
“Enough, continue and I’ll make your death more painful”
O’rhochi’s sword slashed viciously and slit the eyes of the beast.
The creature screamed in agony and its face contorted with both pain and rage.
“You don’t have enough pain in you to pay for that!”
“Try me” O’rhochi spat at his opponent’s feet.
The creature spread a sea of flames all across the floor.
O’rhochi’s shielding spell protected him from the raging inferno, it merely felt tepid.
The creature lunge at him again, this time, O’rhochi dodged to the left and impaled his opponent through the heart. The creature fell. A purple light rose from the creature’s body and shot into him, his eyes started to go dim. There was another battle, one that would take place inside of him.

Subchapter II:
The beckoning of the forthright soul
“Succumb O’rhochi, your soul is forfeit to me.”
“O’rhochi, the only way to save yourself is to retain an iota of honour. The precepts of candour and their keeper will guide you to save your soul.”
A second voice spoke inside his mind, an acting conscience. It was neither masculine nor feminine a voice a high order of divinity. Whether it was the God and Goddess trying to save him or a glint of hope in his spirit regardless of how ersatz a hope it may prove to be, O’rhochi willed with all of his mind that it would not be in vain.

O'rhochi fought for control, his teeth gritted, his fists clenched and all of his joints locked as he fought the internal war. His mind was seemingly inconsequential as the battle was between the light that had spoken to him and the Ysevtin leader.

A thousand screams filled the air before a paralysing cold silenced them simultaneously. One of the combatants took control; the other was pushed into darkness.

Sparda™

This is so, conquering. Very well written, grammatical perfection that gives a feel of being there.

Undoubtedly, you deserve rep+....;)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Thanks, I'm really glad it's turning out alright so far.
I have just finished the next chapter, expect it tomorrow.:)

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Chapter VII: Endrynash’s challenge.

The shadow had been stalled but it called to Endrynash’s mind with every hateful curse it could form. His power sealed it through the instrument of the great arrow of purification but his power had almost been spent. As if sensing this, the shadow became ever more aggressive in its taunts. Endrynash’s brain was becoming hazy from all the taunts.
“I will find your friends and I will devour them too except that a grand abyss of my own design awaits them. The suffering that they will go through is beyond your comprehension, mage.” A sinister voice boomed from it.
“Not if I hold you here, If you can’t beat one of us, do you think you can stand all of our power.”
“We both know that you are their leader, Endrynash, without you, they are of little consequence.”
“They are of more consequence than you could imagine.”
“Oh?” The sinister voice now contained mock curiosity.
“You will rue this day!”
“We both know that the instruments of purification are few and dispersed across the world, as you have landed one in my dimension, that is one less to worry about, once your power wanes.”
“This world shall never surrender itself to you, the precept keeper will destroy you!”
“The precept keeper? Ah I’m afraid your weapon of last resort shall be of no use.”
“What?” Endrynash’s eyes widened in astonishment.
“Yujna has destroyed it, our time has come.”
“That’s impossible!”
“Pathetic human, placing so much trust in deities, wherever these pathetic and insipid ideals sprang from is beyond all reasonable thought. The God and Godess’ power is not as infinite as you believe, their strength comes from the people who worship them, reports of Yujna’s sightings, which you yourself uttered far and wide as well as the precept keeper’s failure to catch that renegade maggot has destroyed the power of the deities and your power too is fading. Soon I will be free and you shall be no more.”
“You lie!”
“Lie? Why should I lie? What I am telling you is the truth, whether you would hear it or not is your choice.
A surge of black power coursed through Endrynash and caused him to fall back.
“Argh!”
“You see, each passing moment and your power is becoming so infinitesimal that I can throw you about like a rag doll”
“Damn you”
“Proud to the last, it is a genuine surprise that you won the war of mages, possessing such an uncompromising and thick skull!”
Endrynash felt furious but he didn’t bother retaliating.
“Finally silent, has it sunk in?”
“No I was just trying to avoid prolonging this pointless exchange of curses and taunts.”
“Face it, Endrynash, you are no longer a match for the darkness, like all other humans you have begun to decay. After a sum of four hundred and fifty years, your time has almost arrived.”
“I will fight you to the end of days if necessary!”
“Genuinely astounding, you think that one of your friends is going to jump in and save the day. I hate to tell you this in such a way but the deus ex machina is not in the script of this epic.”
“Well, slight cliché maybe but you are looking at one magician with a reserve trick up his sleeve.” Endrynash ran into the area covered by the shadow and so began his challenge, to recover the arrow of purification and tear the evil entity from inside out.
Recovering the arrow was not the easy part, within the shadow, the whole world was changed, gravity was inconsistent, and sometimes the floor and the sky did not run parallel. He found the arrow soon enough as it was an open space but retrieving it was not so easy, it was as if every physical manifestation of Terra energy was pulling it down against his efforts to pull it out of the ground. Endrynash struggled but all of his efforts turned out in vain. He knew that his magic could release it but if he did use magic inside the shadow realm, he did not know what could happen and so was loathe to risk using it. A sudden tremble of the ground knocked Endrynash off his feet. He knew that he would have to reside here until he released the arrow of purification from its bonds.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
WOW :) as brilliantly wrote as ever :) Love the dialogue Josh :) +rep

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Thanks a lot, I won't be able to post the next chapter 'till after the weekend. See it's on my college file but I think you'll enjoy it.:)

Top Bottom