• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The new "Dante" pic thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
moseslmpg;277108 said:
There are certain people whose cognitive dissonance is causing them to say that they never really like the real Dante and they are glad he is gone *cough*dread*cough*

No offense here, but quit being an unadulterated bigot. Everyone has an opinion, and they're entitled to it, no one has a right to dis that opinion simply because it contrasts and causes dissension to yours. There's no reason to willingly insult someone over something so diminutive as a "Change" in a video game. Don't get me wrong, I too sort of disagree with the new look, but there's no reason for this.

Serpant;278856 said:
Hi there :) , it's my first post and I have decided to start here .
So for a while now I'm searching the web for some DmC Dante drawings in action , couldn't find any and took the courtesy to do one myself .
I'm not a pro so plz don't be to hard on me .
IMG_0288.jpg

PS: The drawing is in it's earliest stages so take that in count :), and the sword is what I could recognize from the teaser so it's pretty much looks like crap .

Nice picture dude, for someone starting out you have some serious talent in the work :lol: Keep it up, who knows where you'll be in the future.

Serpant

Rebellious
Here is a Vergil sketch , I hope he will get to be in the game.
DmC-Vergil.jpg

It's my design so it may seem like crap to others , any ideas to change him are welcome.

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
I really like your art Serpant:)... I also agree with Ember of Inferno because its true that we have to respect everybody's opinion coz nobody wanna start a new world war just because Dino has fans...I also do not like the fact that they took a hobo and wanna make him play Dante but Im trying my best to live with that truth... so lets just pretend to chill and hope for the best to happen in the next DMC...

Dark Drakan

Admin
moseslmpg;277108 said:
There are certain people whose cognitive dissonance is causing them to say that they never really like the real Dante and they are glad he is gone *cough*dread*cough*

There is no need for snide 'digging' remarks like that.

moseslmpg

I don't understand what is the issue? Dread has said that, and it is my opinion that him and many others are suffering from cognitive dissonance, which is why they say things like that. Should I just not specify certain people? I can be more upfront about it from now on, if that helps.

Ember: It isn't an insult (unlike calling someone a bigot, which could be seen as bigoted in itself), as everyone suffers from cognitive dissonance every now and then. It is just an etiology, assumed, for such strange behavior. I didn't say he was wrong, I was just pointing out that his and other similar opinions may not be sincere, and may actually contradict their feeling from before the announcement was made. Likewise, the people who declare that DMC is dead and refuse to even give the game a chance are suffering from a bit of cognitive dissonance as well, although it appears to be more well-founded at this point.

Serpant: I like the Vergil. I'm not sure about his demonic form's face, but it is a good design in general.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, it's not cognitive dissonance if what I say is my opinion. DMC1 Dante was the only decent one, all the others were crap in my opinion. That makes me cognitively dissonant?

Serpant;278954 said:
Here is a Vergil sketch , I hope he will get to be in the game.
DmC-Vergil.jpg

It's my design so it may seem like crap to others , any ideas to change him are welcome.

Wow that´s awesome, that´s actually nice design for reboot.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
@ Serpant. Nice Vergil concept pics - very interesting.

You know if you have other sketches you should post them in the Fan Art section. More people may see them and reply to the artwork there. I'd like to hear why you drew what you drew and see more.

:D

Asmodaius

@ Serpant:

That's some cool linework, and I love that you took the term half-demon literal with Vergil. :p
I'd love to see your vision of Trish, Lady and Lucia. *hint hint*

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
moseslmpg;279065 said:
Ember: It isn't an insult (unlike calling someone a bigot, which could be seen as bigoted in itself), as everyone suffers from cognitive dissonance every now and then. It is just an etiology, assumed, for such strange behavior. I didn't say he was wrong, I was just pointing out that his and other similar opinions may not be sincere, and may actually contradict their feeling from before the announcement was made. Likewise, the people who declare that DMC is dead and refuse to even give the game a chance are suffering from a bit of cognitive dissonance as well, although it appears to be more well-founded at this point.,

I have not yet once called someone out on having a contrasting opinion towards me anywhere on this site, I was simply stating that your clandestine insult towards someone on this board is unaccounted for, and not justified in any way.

If anything, I agree with you in the fact I don't like the new Dante.

I will not respond to here anymore in fear of this escalating into more than a lucid game of words, have a good day.

Asmodaius

Lately, I've been searching on deviantart.com for some cool fanart with the new Dante and I have found a few quite nice ones. This one I think is just brilliant.

I dedicate this piece of art to all my brothers and sisters who rages over the new Dante. ;3

dante_revolution_by_skylewolf-d2zquer.jpg

Drawn and posted by SkyleWolf on deviantart.com

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha! Very nice. I like it. Proves a point - whats the saying? A picture is worth a thousand words, I mean come on how can they change him sooooo much! >_<

Is Dante picking himself up? DMC3 Dante looks quite comfortable there. ^_^

Osaka

trollololol
Asmodaius;279249 said:
Lately, I've been searching on deviantart.com for some cool fanart with the new Dante and I have found a few quite nice ones. This one I think is just brilliant.

I dedicate this piece of art to all my brothers and sisters who rages over the new Dante. ;3

dante_revolution_by_skylewolf-d2zquer.jpg

Drawn and posted by SkyleWolf on deviantart.com

Now what picture does this remind me of...? Oh yeah this
image002.jpg

New Dante - Man, God and angels (?)- Old Dante's lol.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I actually think that picture is pretty cool. I like the "bring it" expression Nante (new Dante) has.

Chrysander

That's pure awesome and inspires me to draw something. Maybe Gene and Dante kicking him in the balls at the same time.

moseslmpg

Ember To Inferno;279237 said:
I have not yet once called someone out on having a contrasting opinion towards me anywhere on this site, I was simply stating that your clandestine insult towards someone on this board is unaccounted for, and not justified in any way.
It wasn't an insult and it wasn't meant as an insult :rolleyes: Dread was just the best of example I could think of, and I think he would agree that he believes what I said he believes. Calling someone a bigot is a tad more insulting than saying someone is suffering from cognitive dissonance. Saying "no offense" before doesn't instantly render things innocuous either.

And it isn't illegal to call someone out on an opinion you disagree with. That's generally how discussions happen, since if everyone agreed, there would be no point in having a forum.

Asmo: Dino looks very devious in that pic. I was just commenting to Vampi that it looks like the yaoi potential of the situation has just dawned on him. Which reminds me...we need some more female characters. DMC is turning into a sausagefest.

EDIT: Btw, I apologize for anyone who felt insulted by my comment even though it was not intended as an insult, even a covert one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom