• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The new "Dante" pic thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampi

his_name_is_dante_by_twg91-d2z60t8.jpg

How about...i don't f**kin deal with it :p

Dominus

VirgilTheart;276588 said:

Yah take that established fan base. I have a feeling anyone who thinks new Dante is better than the old Dante has to be under 17. Now Capcom all will be forgiven if you make a sequel to God Hand (or better yet pass it on to Platinum Games), then I could care less what you do to Dante.

VirgilTheart

Dominus;276945 said:
Yah take that established fan base. I have a feeling anyone who thinks new Dante is better than the old Dante has to be under 17. Now Capcom all will be forgiven if you make a sequel to God Hand (or better yet pass it on to Platinum Games), then I could care less what you do to Dante.

Hey. I'm a fan of the old games. I just happen to actually appreciate both the old Dante and the new Dante. :( And I'm almost 18, by the way. :p Also, I'm not emo or a punk either. I just happen to think that there's potential for the new Dante. :cool:

Asmodaius

For some reason, the raging fans have this theory that those who like the reboot trailer and Dante's new looks hate the past games and white-haired Dante. I'm past the 20 and I indeed like both.

Vampi

Dominus;276945 said:

Well i wouldn't say the age difference is much influence. Its just that Pro-Dino fans are just enamored with anything that is label DMC. Don't matter if it doesn't look like DMC. As long as it has the label and Capcom says its Dante then by golly it must be DMC. I just think they're just hypnotize by the words "New" and "DMC" that they start talking bad about the past games.

Like for example sum people on this board said that they never liked original Dante anyway. Mind you, i bet these same people, if this new DmC never existed and the REAL DMC 5 was unveiled, would eat there words. But they wouldn't, they would probably say they never said that or edit out the part where they said they never liked Dante anyway.

And now the Pro-Dino supporters are now being passive aggressive with anyone who has an opinion against the game. They're actually trying to confine any members opinion who goes against the game into a single thread. Its like Communist China or sumthing.

But whatever. DMC died after DMC 3. Once this game comes out it will flop...and it will flop hard. Just like how people left when they found out DMC 2 was utter garbage, the same will happen here...this time by the millions.

VirgilTheart

Vampi;277008 said:
Well i wouldn't say the age difference is much influence. Its just that Pro-Dino fans are just enamored with anything that is label DMC. Don't matter if it doesn't look like DMC. As long as it has the label and Capcom says its Dante then by golly it must be DMC. I just think they're just hypnotize by the words "New" and "DMC" that they start talking bad about the past games.

Like for example sum people on this board said that they never liked original Dante anyway. Mind you, i bet these same people, if this new DmC never existed and the REAL DMC 5 was unveiled, would eat there words. But they wouldn't, they would probably say they never said that or edit out the part where they said they never liked Dante anyway.

And now the Pro-Dino supporters are now being passive aggressive with anyone who has an opinion against the game. They're actually trying to confine any members opinion who goes against the game into a single thread. Its like Communist China or sumthing.

But whatever. DMC died after DMC 3. Once this game comes out it will flop...and it will flop hard. Just like how people left when they found out DMC 2 was utter garbage, the same will happen here...this time by the millions.

Huh? Who the hell thinks the original Dante is bad? :mad: I'm sorry, but even though I think I'm going to like the new Dante, the old one was (and still will be) AWESOME. I was just as ****ed as most were when I first saw the trailer, but I decided to give Capcom and NT the benefit of the doubt and I see potential for it. :D

And as for the "confining opinions into a single thread" thing? That's because we understand that all anyone's doing is pretty much getting mad at each other. :( We're ALL DMC fans here, but this game entry has us divided and at each others' throats, it feels like. Also, we're not FORCING anyone to post in that thread; you post there by your own choice. It's just that we don't like getting interrupted in the thread for those who ARE excited about DmC by the ones who aren't. :(

Dominus

VirgilTheart;277012 said:
Huh? Who the hell thinks the original Dante is bad? :mad: I'm sorry, but even though I think I'm going to like the new Dante, the old one was (and still will be) AWESOME. I was just as ****ed as most were when I first saw the trailer, but I decided to give Capcom and NT the benefit of the doubt and I see potential for it. :D

And as for the "confining opinions into a single thread" thing? That's because we understand that all anyone's doing is pretty much getting mad at each other. :( We're ALL DMC fans here, but this game entry has us divided and at each others' throats, it feels like. Also, we're not FORCING anyone to post in that thread; you post there by your own choice. It's just that we don't like getting interrupted in the thread for those who ARE excited about DmC by the ones who aren't. :(

Liking the new Dante isn't a crime, but I assume basically fans of only original Dante who also don't like the new design are in sucky position. If they hope the new DmC game will bomb, its possible we won't see anymore DMC games (DMC is popular but not as popular as SF and RE). If it succeeds we will see more of the Dante we don't like. Same thought process happened for me when the Metroid series was turned into a FPS, but then I finally got a third person game (half-baked though ;/). Capcom just buy Platinum games, you ****ed up by firing those employees/making them leave (WHO GAVE US GOD HAND).

moseslmpg

There are certain people whose cognitive dissonance is causing them to say that they never really like the real Dante and they are glad he is gone *cough*dread*cough* That doesn't mean everyone who supports DINO is like that, but a lot of people are treating it like a zero sum game.
Dominus;277019 said:
Liking the new Dante isn't a crime, but I assume basically fans of only original Dante who also don't like the new design are in sucky position. If they hope the new DmC game will bomb, its possible we won't see anymore DMC games (DMC is popular but not as popular as SF and RE). If it succeeds we will see more of the Dante we don't like. Same thought process happened for me when the Metroid series was turned into a FPS, but then I finally got a third person game (half-baked though ;/). Capcom just buy Platinum games, you ****ed up by firing those employees/making them leave (WHO GAVE US GOD HAND).
Woah woah woah, Metroid Prime was a masterpiece, and it wasn't a reboot either. Totally different situation here. I think Nintendo is just running out of ideas for the series since Samus has now killed all the Metroids and Xs. The only thing she could do would be to go to some other galaxy or alternate dimension or something (covered in Prime series though). The difference is of course that Capcom was not at the end of the line for real DMC, there were plenty of story threads to complete.

Lady78

unless they come up with a convincing storyline explaining the extreme makeover, or **** them!

Serpant

Rebellious
Hi there :) , it's my first post and I have decided to start here .
So for a while now I'm searching the web for some DmC Dante drawings in action , couldn't find any and took the courtesy to do one myself .
I'm not a pro so plz don't be to hard on me .
DmC-Dante.jpg

PS: The drawing is in it's earliest stages so take that in count :), and the sword is what I could recognize from the teaser so it's pretty much looks like crap .

Asmodaius

@ Serpant:

That looks quite good, however, there's a fanart section to post your own stuff. ^^ So I think your artwork should be posted there and not here.

Either way, I'd like to see your art when finished. :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Cognitive dissonance? Excuse me? I truly never did like the original Dante. DMC1 Dante was the only good one, after that he became too fun-loving or, in DMC2's case, too serious. That made him seem cheap to me. Then Nero came in, and I liked him a lot more.

I think I should be allowed to have an opinion and say I didn't like the original Dante and I like the new Dante. Cognitive diseases have nothing to do with that decision.

Vampi

Storm Silves;278875 said:
Cognitive dissonance? Excuse me? I truly never did like the original Dante. DMC1 Dante was the only good one, after that he became too fun-loving or, in DMC2's case, too serious. That made him seem cheap to me. Then Nero came in, and I liked him a lot more.

I think I should be allowed to have an opinion and say I didn't like the original Dante and I like the new Dante. Cognitive diseases have nothing to do with that decision.

Are you hoping for Dino to be like Nero?

Vampi

Then if you're hoping for Dino to be just like Nero doesn't that make either Dino or Nero cheap then?

Since they're borrowing the same personality type...

Mr Staton

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG who the **** is this nut case and whree the **** is nero i mean come on they got to complete the story of nero and what does he have to do with dante and vergil but like who the **** is this dude man he dont look NOTHING LIKE DANTE NOTHING LIKE HIM!!!! AT ALL AT ALL this dude is mutha ****in ugly and not as cool as dante jesus crist what is devil may cry and this so called damn creatoer of devil may cry friggin thinkin???! who agrees with me please e-mail at bradeestaton@gmail.com

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Serpant;278856 said:
Hi there :) , it's my first post and I have decided to start here .
So for a while now I'm searching the web for some DmC Dante drawings in action , couldn't find any and took the courtesy to do one myself .
I'm not a pro so plz don't be to hard on me .
IMG_0288.jpg

PS: The drawing is in it's earliest stages so take that in count :), and the sword is what I could recognize from the teaser so it's pretty much looks like crap .

Hi,

I'm not gonna rant on about my opinin of Dino - This icon says it all - :mad: I just wanted to say nice peice of art - thats a hard pose to draw someone in and you've pulled it off. I like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom