• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"The game is not challenging"? "Broken Weapons"?

Soupie

I'd also like to point out that fighting the boss by normal means nets you far more points than the Demon Evade + DT combo since you don't obliterate his HP so quickly. If anyone needs a comparison, I have two separate videos of me and my friend playing Mission 1 on DMD. He had less points than me at the beginning of the boss fight but he managed to overtake mine by fighting the Hunter fairly.

Roxas

I got stuck at Overturn too, but mine is on DMD.
Freaking Dreamrunners man, never let me stylish-y beat them. Rages too, just... Sigh.
But meh, I get stuck on every level post-Cerberus in Hard on DMC3, so I guess the game is not challenging by any means when compared to the other games.
Then again, it's DMC3. It's hard as hell.

seraphmaycry

you know what i think about this? the bosses in dmc4 could be beating in under 20 seconds easily (distorted impact anyone?)

however my biggest problem is people are actually forgetting bosses are not in the game to make it hard they are meant to divide the game into sections

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
you know what i think about this? the bosses in dmc4 could be beating in under 20 seconds easily (distorted impact anyone?)
Using Distorted together with Just Impact actually took alot of learning to get the timing together.

Demon Dodge requires no skill.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Bosses from both DMC4 and DmC can be beating by using "cheap" tactics. The issue here, however, is that pulling off those tactics is far easier on DmC. MAX act. can be cheap, yes, but pulling out a perfectly-timed max act on every swing takes a LOT of accurate timing. Knowing how to use Lucifer to kill Berial in seconds also takes some effort to pull it off if you're not at expert player. Meanwhile, what we see here in the Hunter battle is nothing that an amateur couldn't pull off on his first try.

Step 1: Shoot all Kablooey darts at him
Step 2: Demon dodge him
Step 3: Devil trigger
Step 4: BOOM! Half his HP is gone!
Repeat once more and he's dead.

Let's admit it, bosses in DmC are just one of the lowest, if not the lowest, point in the whole game.

seraphmaycry

im sorry..... did people somehow miss the part where i stated bosses are not meant to be they are meant to divide the game into sections

anyway i sense some upcoming flaming so im done with this thread

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
im sorry..... did people somehow miss the part where i stated bosses are not meant to be they are meant to divide the game into sections

anyway i sense some upcoming flaming so im done with this thread

No they are not.

There, I'm such a flammer.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Using Distorted together with Just Impact actually took alot of learning to get the timing together.

Demon Dodge requires no skill.
Isn't Distorted the super upper cut? and the Just attack is releasing the DT at the same time? because its not hard to do at all. And if i am doing it wrong, i still kill anything that gets hit by it.

MedicoreR

Step 1: Shoot all Kablooey darts at him
Step 2: Demon dodge him
Step 3: Devil trigger
Step 4: BOOM! Half his HP is gone!
Repeat once more and he's dead.
Funny because in DMC4:

1- Activate your Devil Trigger
2- Spam stinger
The end...

And why did i bring DMC4 to the point? Cause to you its the best combat system with balance.

I have to say something
Why do people research for ''bugs or cheap things'' in a game instead of playing it straight.
If there is way to kill a boss in 2 secons, fine, do it. If you really wanna play it , then ignore bugs and go with normal ways.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Isn't Distorted the super upper cut? and the Just attack is releasing the DT at the same time? because its not hard to do at all. And if i am doing it wrong, i still kill anything that gets hit by it.
Distorted is when you use DT with any move at the right time to increase the damage and Just Impact is the uppercut released at the right time. Combine these two and you can kill pretty much anything. However, it makes you immobile with Gilgamesh when you charge the attack and have to time it right with both enemies and when to use the DT.

Question, on what enemies do you use it on?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Distorted is when you use DT with any move at the right time to increase the damage and Just Impact is the uppercut released at the right time. Combine these two and you can kill pretty much anything. However, it makes you immobile with Gilgamesh when you charge the attack and have to time it right with both enemies and when to use the DT.

Question, on what enemies do you use it on?
Basically everything lol Bosses and small fry

Although i doubt i have perfect timing because sometimes i like to DT while charging, right when i connect or after i connect in the air. It just looks cool, but still everything dies pretty quick

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Funny because in DMC4:

1- Activate your Devil Trigger
2- Spam stinger
The end...

That is simply not true against bosses. Maybe it works on normal enemies but that tactic wouldn't work on everything.

I have to say something
Why do people research for ''bugs or cheap things'' in a game instead of playing it straight.
If there is way to kill a boss in 2 secons, fine, do it. If you really wanna play it , then ignore bugs and go with normal ways.
Demon Dodge and using DT at the same time isn't a bug. It's a intended design since their damage multiplier stacks together.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Basically everything lol Bosses and small fry

Although i doubt i have perfect timing because sometimes i like to DT while charging, right when i connect or after i connect in the air. It just looks cool, but still everything dies pretty quick
Congratulations, you learned how to time it properly. You can now atleast admit that Demon Dodge+DT is much much easier to pull off.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Funny because in DMC4:

I have to say something

JCing always seemed glitchy to me. But look at it now. Plus speedruns greatly rely on bugs

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Demon Dodge and using DT at the same time isn't a bug. It's a intended design since their damage multiplier stacks together.

Not really. I wouldn't say it's a bug, it's actually just unbalanced design. I mean, two free boosts just like that? And they are HUGE boosts at that.

The "Feed" boost of Osiris at least requires you to keep your combo and it's there for compensate for the overall low damage output Osiris got.

edit: just noticed I began saying "not really" but the rest of my post was agreeing more or less with you. What I meant was that NT most likely did not intended those boosts to be so unbalanced.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Congratulations, you learned how to time it properly. You can now atleast admit that Demon Dodge+DT is much much easier to pull off.

well to pull off the super uppercut and to DT is really easy. but to connect is another thing. demon Dodge was easy since bayonetta. so for me they both seem really easy.

Dnishe Ebanoye

Another thing I ask is that why some of the old fans and antis are calling some of the weapons "broken"?In the original games, they had some broken weapons too and they were used to take advantage of some levels in DMD mode. If some of them did that, then why are they hating on this one for that too? Do I smell hypocrisy?
Yes it is.

Soupie

I've already proven that abusing the boosts gives you less style points. Personally I'm too lazy with boss fights so I use them. However there are some people who get a kick out of leaderboards so that might be something they'll want to do.

Just do it the way you want.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
With the patch. 1:28

I don't know about anyone else but that whole video was friggin awesome!:w00t:
As for the topic of this tread. I kinda agree, and no I don't suck at the game, I'm just not as good as the guy in the video above. The game has some issues yes, none of which are game breakers for me. I personally have no problems with it. When I get murdered on SOS mode, I don't feel cheated, instead I feel like I could have prevented it and I take that as a learning experience so next time I won't go down that easily.

Top Bottom