• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

The Phantarch;117769 said:
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think it's going a little too far saying that it's nothing on DMC3 though.

For a start it's the only DMC in which you are limited to 1 vital star in your inventory making it that much harder to stay alive on the likes of the later DMD levels. That makes it all the more fun in my opinion.

All of the bosses in the 1st DMC are charismatic and you learn each of them well rather than the loads of practically anonymous bosses the sequels (and prequel) have thrown. I mean in DMC3 the only boss you fought more than once was Vergil. I preferred the original's way of you getting to know your enemy, if you see what I mean.

Also what I dislike about DMC3 is that a lot of enemies seem ridiculously cartoonish. The mastery of the truly macabre lies once more with DMC1.
In DMC4 Nero's arm was too powerful, there's no two ways about it. It demolished most enemies too quickly for my liking.

On top of this, the original has the sexiest sword in the series, Alastor.

If you're talking about difficulty, the only game I've heard fans complain is Devil May Cry 3.

And the enemies of Devil May Cry 3 were way more intriguing that the ones of 1.

The most gothic ambience is found on number 3.

Of course, I can't change your mind and I don't want to, really. There are people which are in love with the original, but a brotherly fight in Devil May Cry 3, on top of a mysterious demonic tower is just plain wet.

Kyo

medicated insanity
bingo! i couldn't find the word's for myself but some one else has hit the nail on the nose i thank you Dante Aseroth you noto nly proved your point but mine!

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante Aseroth;117822 said:
If you're talking about difficulty, the only game I've heard fans complain is Devil May Cry 3.

And the enemies of Devil May Cry 3 were way more intriguing that the ones of 1.

The most gothic ambience is found on number 3.

Of course, I can't change your mind and I don't want to, really. There are people which are in love with the original, but a brotherly fight in Devil May Cry 3, on top of a mysterious demonic tower is just plain wet.

I haven't heard anyone 'complain' about the difficulty but with about 60 vital stars in your inventory it's much easier to stay alive in 3 than in 1 on all difficultied apart from HOH. (to which DMC1 has no parallel difficulty) That's not me being opinionated. Take the hardest boss battles Arkham and Mundus 2. The second mundus is much harder due to you only having 1 vital star. True, you can have untouchables but getting through the third Nightmare encounter on DMD will have likely sapped some of your inventory. Also Arkhams attacks are much easier to evade (well timed air hikes can pretty much dodge all of his attacks). The same can't be said about the mundus battle (there are many projectiles aimed at or near you making it much harder than the Arkham battle).

The intrigue of the enemies is highly subjective. The jailors were a good idea in theory, however I thought that their attacks were largely sluggish and monotonous, not like the marionettes who could throw their weapons, sometimes shoot at you and could also screech to suspend you in midair. The chess pieces were dull to fight against and the death scythes just outclassed the hell vanguard in a variety of ways. DMC1 also had the shadows which are great fun to fight against, especially if it's more than one because you have to keep on your feet at all times.

I don't agree that most of the gothic displays were in DMC3. In DMC1 you have the hilt of Alastor which was of great gothic design, the judge of death portrait, lion decor reminiscent of Salazar's castle from Resi 4. More include the very bleak ghost ship and the cathedral. These and more were at least of equal gothic charm as anything in DMC3.

Sparda™

Everyone has his opinions, but It's a fact that Devil May Cry 3 attracted more fans than every other Devil May Cry title!;)

Kyo

medicated insanity
another good point! dmc3 is probly the biggest dmc game to come out beside's 4 altho capcom ****ed of alot of ppl by makeing nero the leading role i myself was disaointed me like most are un easy with change..an haveing him a none demon be the lead role? it was obsured! but eh...idk now.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante Aseroth;117849 said:
Everyone has his opinions, but It's a fact that Devil May Cry 3 attracted more fans than every other Devil May Cry title!;)

True, many of my friends first got into it with DMC3 but they agree with me that DMC1 was more fun to play when I showed them it. It's a lot more kinetic, I think that's partly due to the controls and partly due to more charismatic enemies. Well the enemies with a lot of different attacks anyway.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Yeah, I understand, however, that alone does not make it a 'better' game. That is, of course subject to opinion. There's definitely more to do in DMC3 with the styles, bloody palace, Vergil being playable in the special edition and whatnot, however, in DMC1 a lot of the enemies seem more intellegent, even the marionettes, slow as they are, are nowhere near as monotonous as the basic fodder provided by the Hell Prides. The chess pieces in 3 were also a mistake in my opinion.

DMC1 had a vast array of gloriously unhinged enemies, blades and frosts, which have made reappearences in the sequels, Death scythes which were amazing to fight against and, obviously shadows and nobodies. Most of the enemies were quite intellegent, fast and actually reacted quite quickly. That's really what stole the first one for me.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Dante Aseroth;118113 said:
^ Tell that to the millions of fans which play DMC3 over and over still.

You're apparently under the impression that I dislike DMC3 as a game. If that's the case, you could seldom be more wrong. Even more so if you think I'm insulting it. It is a great game and I do play it almost every day. I'm sure that there are 'millions' of fans who play DMC1 frequently as well, given that there are over six billion people in the world, I think that's a fairly safe bet. I mean I know quite a few people who do, my guess is that they aren't the only ones.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I will always think of the first DMC as the best one but 4 came close as it was the most similar to 1 so far. Going back though made me realise how far the series has come in terms of speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom