• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The best...

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Of all the DMC games I've played (and I have played 4 now), this remains my favourite. The enemies mostly require specific strategies to beat, not just a generic slash-em-up. The same could be said for 4 and to a small degree 3 as well but it also tests your wits in that the secret missions are well hidden. In 2, 3 and 4, most of the secret missions are practically singing and dancing- you can't miss many of them. The same can't be said for the first, also, the bosses are still some of the most charismatic and epic in the series.
Hands up, who agrees with me?:cool:

Keaton

Premium
I agree!

Fighting Phantom and Nelo for the first times were epic moments in my gamining history and are well loved and remembered. I love DMC4 and 3, however I would say three is above this game if only for styles and Dantes much higher level of charisma and attitude.

But some games released nowadays (sounding old, am I not o_O) still can't beat the quality of this game. After all, the secret missions were so well hidden that it was only when I replayed it after DMC3 that I discovered the 90% that I missed ^__^

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Ah, DMC 3:SE sold me, but like most people, that's because Vergil sold it.

I do agree though, DMC 1 was an epic game in all rights, during it's time, infact, it was miles ahead of it's own time, as Keaton said, fighting Phantom and Nelo for the very first time just gave that sense of epicness, and the fight with Mundus was one of those great moments in gaming history.

I will say this though, I went back and played it recently, god am I ever glad that sequels to the game were made, I remember just how clunky and heavy the controls were and how unintuitive building combos was, it was basically mash triangle until bored, then switch weapon and repeat. :lol:

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Devil May Cry

-The best Devil may Cry game so far.

-Has the most epic battles. (Nelo Angelo,Nightmare,Griffon,Phantom,Mundus.)

-Has a lot of cool weapons. (Alastor,Ifrit,Ebony and Ivory,Shotgun,Sparda.)

-Has very challenging difficulty.

-As Keaton said,not many games can beat DMC games.

-Has the coolest character ever,Dante.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I, too, have very fond memories of first playing through the original Devil May Cry. In fact, before DMC was even released, I used to constantly keep watching the Devil May Cry preview video that came on a bonus DVD with one issue of OPM (Official Playstation Magazine UK) - I couldn't get over how AMAZING it looked and I still love it to this day.

Oh, man. Good times. I think my head would explode if Capcom announced that they were remaking the original Devil May Cry for the next-gen consoles. I'd love to play through Devil May Cry and take on Phantom all over again - but in full, super high definition. Epic.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
If a next-gen DMC 1 was made, my god...I'd buy it, even if it is exactly the same game, I'd pay for it just for the chance to play it in Hi-Def.

PHANTOM! In HI-DEF!

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I think a next gen Mundus battle would be epic above all else!:D
Still, it doesn't need it does it? It is still the best of the series as far as I'm concerned. In the face of better graphics it has held its own with better boss and non-boss enemies as well as the most macabre atmosphere of any DMC game to date.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I agree. DMC1 will always be the best. It's only drawback is tha it's older and a bit slower than all the others but in the end you can't have it all:p

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Whilst for the most part I'd agree Tony, I'm afraid I don't entirely.

Being older is not in itself a drawback, e.g. MGS2 came out before Vexx. MGS2 is considered a classic whilst one reviewer rather eloquently rated Vexx as being "like having your spinal cord ripped out through your poo duct." Admittedly those are extremes but you get the point.

On a second acount it's not really that slow, the fighting is fast, frantic and claustrophobic and the getting from fight to fight never takes more than a couple of minutes.

The only things missing from DMC1 that are in the others are a level select and a survival (bloody palace) mode.

akcolbatah

i played dmc1 1st and i gotta say dmc3se is the best dmc right now i tried going back to dmc1 but it was hard to play

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The Phantarch;109542 said:
Whilst for the most part I'd agree Tony, I'm afraid I don't entirely.

Being older is not in itself a drawback, e.g. MGS2 came out before Vexx. MGS2 is considered a classic whilst one reviewer rather eloquently rated Vexx as being "like having your spinal cord ripped out through your poo duct." Admittedly those are extremes but you get the point.

On a second acount it's not really that slow, the fighting is fast, frantic and claustrophobic and the getting from fight to fight never takes more than a couple of minutes.

The only things missing from DMC1 that are in the others are a level select and a survival (bloody palace) mode.

I agree. I don't care about it being older so much. Sure Dante is slower, but so are the enemies so the gameplay remains enjoyable. I just said "slower" because that's one of the reasons that made DMC so popular. The insanely fast gameplay we came to witness in DMC3. That's why so many people prefer DMC3 in my opinion. But anyway, I prefer DMC1 in all terms. I still haven't been able to get all the fragments of blue orbs there despite knowing where they are:lol:Challenfe for the win!

Sparda™

Devil May Cry 1 is not the best, but It's the one who launched the saga to the success. The best was the third one.

Kyo

medicated insanity
the only thing i like about this game is the story line, altho i must admit it was better then dmc2 it has noting on dmc3 to me that's my personal belife tho.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think it's going a little too far saying that it's nothing on DMC3 though.

For a start it's the only DMC in which you are limited to 1 vital star in your inventory making it that much harder to stay alive on the likes of the later DMD levels. That makes it all the more fun in my opinion.

All of the bosses in the 1st DMC are charismatic and you learn each of them well rather than the loads of practically anonymous bosses the sequels (and prequel) have thrown. I mean in DMC3 the only boss you fought more than once was Vergil. I preferred the original's way of you getting to know your enemy, if you see what I mean.

Also what I dislike about DMC3 is that a lot of enemies seem ridiculously cartoonish. The mastery of the truly macabre lies once more with DMC1.
In DMC4 Nero's arm was too powerful, there's no two ways about it. It demolished most enemies too quickly for my liking.

On top of this, the original has the sexiest sword in the series, Alastor.

Kyo

medicated insanity
The Phantarch;117769 said:
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think it's going a little too far saying that it's nothing on DMC3 though.

For a start it's the only DMC in which you are limited to 1 vital star in your inventory making it that much harder to stay alive on the likes of the later DMD levels. That makes it all the more fun in my opinion.

All of the bosses in the 1st DMC are charismatic and you learn each of them well rather than the loads of practically anonymous bosses the sequels (and prequel) have thrown. I mean in DMC3 the only boss you fought more than once was Vergil. I preferred the original's way of you getting to know your enemy, if you see what I mean.

Also what I dislike about DMC3 is that a lot of enemies seem ridiculously cartoonish. The mastery of the truly macabre lies once more with DMC1.
In DMC4 Nero's arm was too powerful, there's no two ways about it. It demolished most enemies too quickly for my liking.

On top of this, the original has the sexiest sword in the series, Alastor.
i wont argue with you there come to think of it you attualy changed my mind xD.

i see your point's tan they have hit there mark dmc1 had alot over 2 an 3 but in my view's 3 did have one major thing over 2 an 1 the song's! an the tralier's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom