• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem possibly working on RE7

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hey guys. I just realized something.

If Capcom does let NT reboot RE, what if this is Capcom's way of getting NT to be well rounded at FPS and H&S games?

What if they teach them how to make fighting games, then Megaman reboot comes in.

What if they're actually teaching them all this...because Ninja Theory is Capcom's successor?!
RHONY-alex-shocked.gif

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
What if they teach them how to make fighting games, then Megaman reboot comes in.

I was going to post some kind of negative reaction to this because if any series didn't need ANOTHER rebooting/AU or spin off, it's freaking Megaman, but you know what? I'm at the point where i'm willing to say "Okay **** it, show me what they can do with Megaman. I mean, what could go wrong?"

It couldn't possibly be as bad as X7 or freaking Battle Network 4.

DragonMaster2010

I was going to post some kind of negative reaction to this because if any series didn't need ANOTHER rebooting/AU or spin off, it's freaking Megaman, but you know what? I'm at the point where i'm willing to say "Okay **** it, show me what they can do with Megaman. I mean, what could go wrong?"

It couldn't possibly be as bad as X7 or freaking Battle Network 4.

Well I think NT has the capacity to actually make megaman more anime like. Just because they westernized DMC doesn't mean they'll treat Megaman the same.

Rayl

Well I think NT has the capacity to actually make megaman more anime like. Just because they westernized DMC doesn't mean they'll treat Megaman the same.

I never said that would be a problem, it probably wouldn't do well westernized anyway but that's besides the point.

The reason i say it couldn't be as bad as X7 or Battle Network 4 is because those games are TERRIBLE.

DragonMaster2010

I never said that would be a problem, it probably wouldn't do well westernized anyway but that's besides the point.

The reason i say it couldn't be as bad as X7 or Battle Network 4 is because those games are TERRIBLE.

The only worry I see is how will they bring elements of megaman back then into now. Like the whole digital areas and all that. Would that stuff work now like back then?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

I liked BN4. What was wrong with it....I mean sure it was the weakest of the 6 but doesn't mean it was TERRIBLE. It was just the silver coin found in a bag of gold and platinum ores.

Rayl

The only worry I see is how will they bring elements of megaman back then into now. Like the whole digital areas and all that. Would that stuff work now like back then?

It really depends on HOW they go about it, i mean there's a pretty decent fangame still in production called "Megaman Battle Network Chrono X" which, despite the name, is actually really fun to play but i'm a fan of the battle system so that might be bias and nostalgia for that series talking.

I liked BN4. What was wrong with it....I mean sure it was the weakest of the 6 but doesn't mean it was TERRIBLE. It was just the silver coin found in a bag of gold and platinum ores.

Here's the issue with 4, putting aside the TERRIBLE translation of the game for a moment, the game's scenarios are all bullshit gimmicks (Searchman's scenario for instance is a form of torture that sends you practically the entire way through the undernet, with searchman shooting at you, which you have to perform random QTE's to avoid and the random battles are STILL occurring while this is going on. Oh and if Searchman hits you? 100 points of damage. Better hope you boosted your HP up! Oh and that's just one of the scenarios in Blue Moon, the "**** you" scenario in Red Sun? Protoman's scenario? Let's not even go there.

And that's just two scenarios in a game that is full of pre-tourny scenarios, all of which involve some kind of terrible gimmicky bullshit you have to go through just to actually fight your opponent. It also introduces Dr.Regal who i hate with such a fiery passion for being the most asinine card carrying villian Capcom have EVER made who only gets more stupid as the game goes on and then carries onto the next game where he becomes EVEN STUPIDER.

3 and 6 are the games to play, 5 and 2 after that and then 1 and then 4.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It really depends on HOW they go about it, i mean there's a pretty decent fangame still in production called "Megaman Battle Network Chrono X" which, despite the name, is actually really fun to play but i'm a fan of the battle system so that might be bias and nostalgia for that series talking.

Here's the issue with 4, putting aside the TERRIBLE translation of the game for a moment, the game's scenarios are all bullshit gimmicks (Searchman's scenario for instance is a form of torture that sends you practically the entire way through the undernet, with searchman shooting at you, which you have to perform random QTE's to avoid and the random battles are STILL occurring while this is going on. Oh and if Searchman hits you? 100 points of damage. Better hope you boosted your HP up! Oh and that's just one of the scenarios in Blue Moon, the "**** you" scenario in Red Sun? Protoman's scenario? Let's not even go there.

And that's just two scenarios in a game that is full of pre-tourny scenarios, all of which involve some kind of terrible gimmicky bullshit you have to go through just to actually fight your opponent. It also introduces Dr.Regal who i hate with such a fiery passion for being the most asinine card carrying villian Capcom have EVER made who only gets more stupid as the game goes on and then carries onto the next game where he becomes EVEN STUPIDER.

3 and 6 are the games to play, 5 and 2 after that and then 1 and then 4.

Hmmm....Search Man is in Red Sun and Proto Man is in Blue Moon. I should know I had Blue Moon.

Maybe its me but the gimmicks didn't bother me........much and at times could be fun. I don't even remember the Proto Man scenario but hey BN4 had a lot of good moments and shining features that the others didn't have (a new game+ mode where I can start over the story on an even higher difficulty, multiple difficulty settings (wish the others even SF games had that too), and the option...well not option but chance to face other Navi's and Heel Navis because in other BN games when you confronted one instead you fought viruses....did the dude just turn into a bunch of viruses and heck I even fought 3 Heel Navis on the battlefield at once and that got hectic as they summoned more viruses and had their own attacks.....fun times).

As for Regal my favorite villain in the EXE era will always be Kid Grave (I don't recall his Japanese or game name....Shuryoken or some sh*t like that) or Sean(Shun whatever you want to call him).....the kid with the gray hair. He was an awesome character in 3 (My first MegaMan game really) and I loved him more as a villain in BN2. It was ironic or funny that a kid almost ruled the planet just so he can screw up and cause a global catastrophe. Regal as a villain is fine....for well MegaMan standards that is. If that is the case then all of the X series (except X8 and Command Mission) is bad because Sigma is an annoying or bad villain....IMO.

Best MegaMan villains Dr. Weil (Zero 3 & 4) and Albert (ZXA), even if Albert is a Wesker clone, hands down.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Lol doubt this.

Capcom are going to be in the habit of reassuring fans after RE6 mixed reviews that also sold below their expectations.

They know the fans aren't liking the direction which is why they even suggested going back to Resident Evil's "horror roots" despite action shooters being more successful (which is what they have been aiming for recently).

The LAST thing they should do is attach NT and Tameen to the deal which would surely turn many fans away considering how controversial their release of DmC was.

It just would not ease a lot of fans already tense feelings towards the Resident Evil series future right now and could potentially make Capcom look worse.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Lol doubt this.

Capcom are going to be in the habit of reassuring fans after RE6 mixed reviews that also sold below their expectations.

They know the fans aren't liking the direction which is why they even suggested going back to Resident Evil's "horror roots" despite action shooters being more successful (which is what they have been aiming for recently).

The LAST thing they should do is attach NT and Tameen to the deal which would surely turn many fans away considering how controversial their release of DmC was.

It just would not ease a lot of fans already tense feelings towards the Resident Evil series future right now and could potentially make Capcom look worse.
^THIS

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
That's just like him! lol

'Cause he says the same thing in every goddamn video. It's like listening to a broken record. His schtick has gotten old to the point of no return.

The reason he hasn't done his latest vid is most likely because...

A few anti-DmC vids back, he said "that one would be his last one" and later, when he made another one, he said that it was because "the fans pulled him back into it"

HORSE. ****.

No one put a gun to his head and told him to make those last two vids. The supporters of DmC probably pointed out that he had already said he was done with the series. He did it because he wanted to. No obligation. Just him.

He could have presented his arguments in a civilized manner, but he didn't. Why? I guess to appeal to his fans.

Now, as for the other reasons (as to why he didn't make the latest DmC vid yet).

1) The supporters will complain.

Yeah, I know. He said he doesn't care about the supporters opinion.

But then, in one of his most recent vids, he said, "It's ok to be a fan of the game."

Sounds like someone is walking on eggshells, if you ask me.

2) He's preparing for his biggest anti-DmC vid yet.

So, while on one hand, he's gotten to be (a little bit) more respectful of the supporters opinions, he just doesn't know when to stop, in my opinion.

I think he's planning something big. I mean, really big. After the "dessicated squirrel semen" line, do you really think he's just gonna let that one slide??

Nope.

After this, he probably won't make anymore ('cause after the "big finish" it would more or less be taking a step backwards) vids about DmC.

However, this leaves the court open for the next big thing to hate on (if it's true).

RESIDENT. EVIL.

DmC is released. The (relatively poor) sales numbers are out. After he beats those three horses (reviews, sales, and DLC) into a pile of glue, he'll need to move onto something else to stay relevant.

That's where R.E. will come in. It'll keep the viewers happy, and bring a whole new fanbase of hate to his channel. It's a win-win scenario from the haters --

SORRY. NOT HATERS. LEVEL-HEADED SKEPTICS.

-- side of the playing field.

Now, people will be able to move on to the RE forums, and leave the rest of us alone instead of harassing us simply for liking a game that they do not.

I almost feel like (sarcastically) asking if anyone fancies putting up a RE thread, but I'm not going to jinx it. I don't want it here, and I have no interest in the series. Better to take place on a forum (in a galaxy) far away where I don't have to see any of it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It probably is you, most of the fanbase would agree that 4 is absolutely terrible, not everything it does is terrible but the generally accepted opinion is that it's the worst of the games.
'Cause he says the same thing in every goddamn video. It's like listening to a broken record. His schtick has gotten old to the point of no return.

A few anti-DmC vids back, he said "that one would be his last one" and later, when he made another one, he said that it was because "the fans pulled him back into it"

HORSE. ****.

No one put a gun to his head and told him to make those last two vids. The supporters of DmC probably pointed out that he had already said he was done with the series. He did it because he wanted to. No obligation. Just him.

He could have presented his arguments in a civilized manner, but he didn't. Why? I guess to appeal to his fans.

Now, as for the other reasons (as to why he didn't make the latest DmC vid yet).

But then, in one of his most recent vids, he said, "It's ok to be a fan of the game."

So, while on one hand, he's gotten to be (a little bit) more respectful of the supporters opinions, he just doesn't know when to stop, in my opinion.

I think he's planning something big. I mean, really big. After the "dessicated squirrel semen" line, do you really think he's just gonna let that one slide??

Nope.

After this, he probably won't make anymore ('cause after the "big finish" it would more or less be taking a step backwards) vids about DmC.

However, this leaves the court open for the next big thing to hate on (if it's true).

RESIDENT. EVIL.

DmC is released. The (relatively poor) sales numbers are out. After he beats those three horses (reviews, sales, and DLC) into a pile of glue, he'll need to move onto something else to stay relevant.

That's where R.E. will come in. It'll keep the viewers happy, and bring a whole new fanbase of hate to his channel. It's a win-win scenario from the haters --

Now, people will be able to move on to the RE forums, and leave the rest of us alone instead of harassing us simply for liking a game that they do not.

I almost feel like (sarcastically) asking if anyone fancies putting up a RE thread, but I'm not going to jinx it. I don't want it here, and I have no interest in the series. Better to take place on a forum (in a galaxy) far away where I don't have to see any of it.

You mean the Event Status/Main Event

It probably is you, most of the fanbase would agree that 4 is absolutely terrible, not everything it does is terrible but the generally accepted opinion is that it's the worst of the games.

MOST not ALL....just cause its the worst of the series doesn't make it a bad game. It still was functioning it had some improvements over past games that came before it. The battle system was still fine/great, it tried something new (Souls) that was better than the past BN transformation system (Styles). It wasn't glitchy or had horrendous loading times (well GBA games rarely had loading times/screens) and it tons of neat stuff that I wish the others had.

Its a fine game IMO not the best or great but not terrible.

DragonMaster2010

HORSE. ****.

Nope.

RESIDENT. EVIL.

No one says you have to watch Event Status. I can't stand the guy, so I don't watch his vids. No power to him.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Oh, I do watch his DmC related videos once in a while, never to the end though, because that guy just seems to like the sound of his voice SO MUCH lol

I mean, he really talks a lot, and usually I'll quit halfway trough the video. And he likes to make such a huge drama about things, like there's this big bad conspiracy against gamers or something, and DmC is part of it. lol

DragonMaster2010

Why can't you stand him?

I like that he at least puts out facts, and that he's a good person to get feed on games, but whenever it comes to DmC, he just sounds like some mad Old DMC fan getting his jimmies in a twist and shouting out how much he either doesn't like it, or blame Capcom with that "Businesses are taking us over" crap.

But I've only ever watched three vids of the guy and I was done after that.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I like that he at least puts out facts, and that he's a good person to get feed on games, but whenever it comes to DmC, he just sounds like some mad Old DMC fan getting his jimmies in a twist and shouting out how much he either doesn't like it, or blame Capcom with that "Businesses are taking us over" crap.

But I've only ever watched three vids of the guy and I was done after that.

Lol yeah when it comes to DmC, his "facts" are false, like he was saying that you had to trust 4chan when that whole fake story was leaked. And then the actual story was posted and was nothing like that, in fact he blocked me when i said i liked the game and then started sending me comments but i couldnt reply cause he blocked me.

DragonMaster2010

Lol yeah when it comes to DmC, his "facts" are false, like he was saying that you had to trust 4chan when that whole fake story was leaked. And then the actual story was posted and was nothing like that, in fact he blocked me when i said i liked the game and then started sending me comments but i couldnt reply cause he blocked me.

Actually his facts are true. Its just he comes off as an ass and has this wanting to prove to people that DmC is bad, when there's still people who like DmC anyway.

But I'm done talking about him. He's not worth the spit on my lips.

Top Bottom