• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem possibly working on RE7

I want them to remake Resident Evil 2 before they start the series over from scratch.

Or actually the word reboot doesn't exactly mean start the story over. It could be gameplay changes and other things I am trying to think of. Like Mega man X. I know it's a sequel to Mega man but it completely changes what classic Mega man fans are used too while still feeling familiar in a new setting with a much darker tone to it.

EllDawn

I think she's why Manuela wasn't such a pain. If RE4 had had a character like her instead in it, it probably wouldn't have been so bad.
What's Manuela from? I have no idea what character you're talking about. lol. But I'm going to agree since any character that actually tries to fight back is better than what Ashley was.

Well. The whole point why I think she added to the game was because she was defenseless and you had to try your best to protect yourself and her from a village that's out to kill you.

In the next 2 installments you are partnered up with people who have been in the same situations as you or more or less the same scenario and they are combat savvy. They also hand you ammo and health whenever they can trying to keep you alive.

Never felt like I was in any danger, and a sense of danger has always been a thing in previous Resident Evil games. It's just how I saw it.
What really bothered me about her was that she was overly defenseless. She always hid behind Leon, went limp when she was picked up and carried away and really didn't try to do anything to defend herself. Any more, when a girl is attacked in any way, she will start kicking and fighting. Even without training. She was the typical damsel in distress. Rather than thinking and trying to get herself out, or do something useful, she kept calling for Leon to save her.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
What's Manuela from? I have no idea what character you're talking about. lol. But I'm going to agree since any character that actually tries to fight back is better than what Ashley was.

What really bothered me about her was that she was overly defenseless. She always hid behind Leon, went limp when she was picked up and carried away and really didn't try to do anything to defend herself. Any more, when a girl is attacked in any way, she will start kicking and fighting. Even without training. She was the typical damsel in distress. Rather than thinking and trying to get herself out, or do something useful, she kept calling for Leon to save her.
Manuela was in RE Darkside Chronicles, she played a similar role like Ashley except she wasn't annoying. She also helped out during the final boss fight with this flaming blood she had.

EllDawn

Manuela was in RE Darkside Chronicles, she played a similar role like Ashley except she wasn't annoying. She also helped out during the final boss fight with this flaming blood she had.
She sounds much better. She also kind of sounds like Eileen in Silent Hill: The Room. You were supposed to protect her, too. She also was given weak weapons so she could at least do some fighting. She didn't help with the final fight. She kind of works against you then. But, the rest of the time she's more help than a nuisance.

AlchemistFromEden

If Ashley was in RE7 why do people assume she'd serve the same role as in 4 i mean look at Sherry she was worse then Ashley I mean if you ran to fast she would stop following you and squat making it impossible for you to go anywhere until you went back and got her but 6 she was a totally different character, I mean yeah I hated her character in 6 but atleast it wasn't like in 2. Heck in the beginning people thought Sherry WAS Ashley I mean it would be alot cooler imo
how anyone could hate sherry in re6 is definitely beyond me

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
how anyone could hate sherry in re6 is definitely beyond me
I don't like her at all they've made her eh to me. Ok she works for the government soo original wasnt it waaay back that the government agent that leon gave sherry to was actually Wesker heck I miss alot of idea's before RE5 was made and Mikami left. Remember the Orginization? That secret Corp. that Wesker , Ada, and Krauser worked for (and maybe Jessica and Raymond)? Welp thats gone but we have Neo Umbrella because why not. Honestly I just have a whole beef with RE6 mostly character wise I also hate Jake mostly for the fact he's apparently Wesker's son, and the fact he's not steve :'(, Anywho back to Sherry its just I don't know what I was expecting but honestly her working for the government is not what i wanted, maybe be like how Claire was in degeneration where she was working for a corp. that helped people but she was trained so that if something like an outbreak happened again she would know how to handle it

AlchemistFromEden

I don't like her at all they've made her eh to me. Ok she works for the government soo original wasnt it waaay back that the government agent that leon gave sherry to was actually Wesker heck I miss alot of idea's before RE5 was made and Mikami left. Remember the Orginization? That secret Corp. that Wesker , Ada, and Krauser worked for (and maybe Jessica and Raymond)? Welp thats gone but we have Neo Umbrella because why not. Honestly I just have a whole beef with RE6 mostly character wise I also hate Jake mostly for the fact he's apparently Wesker's son, and the fact he's not steve :'(,(seriously i didn't care at all for steve cause he followed anime logic and was actually pretty creepy, (who says i love you after meeting a girl for a few hours, that's not how love works) Anywho back to Sherry its just I don't know what I was expecting but honestly her working for the government is not what i wanted, maybe be like how Claire was in degeneration where she was working for a corp. that helped people but she was trained so that if something like an outbreak happened again she would know how to handle it
it was said that sherry was taken into government custody, did you really expect them to let her walk around and openly protest like a carbon copy of claire, then how would she possibly be relevant to the plot of re6 or actually, how would she be experienced in fighting B.O.W.s are being connected to simmons, her being a government agent was the only logical choice for her being relevant

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
it was said that sherry was taken into government custody, did you really expect them to let her walk around and openly protest like a carbon copy of claire, then how would she possibly be relevant to the plot of re6 or actually, how would she be experienced in fighting B.O.W.s are being connected to simmons, her being a government agent was the only logical choice for her being relevant
I've given up on sorting out whats cannon and whats not in RE they change it too often but what I'm saying is that she wouldn't have to be a carbon copy of Claire, and if they'd gone with Wesker taking in Sherry well there's her training right there but honestly Resident evil throws away so many characters it hurts and the ones they do keep are husks of their former selves ex: Chris, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Jill, I actually liked alot of the characters in Revelations except Rachel :p but to me Parker=Barry and Jessica was what the new Ada is trying to be (the cool double agent sexy spy) And the ending scene after the credits :w00t: really made me want more and was sad to remember that it was a prequel to 5.
But it really makes me wonder if capcom will try to bring back some of its characters like Rebecca or Steve,or try to use Elza Walker and Tanya (RE: DC)

AlchemistFromEden

I've given up on sorting out whats cannon and whats not in RE they change it too often but what I'm saying is that she wouldn't have to be a carbon copy of Claire, and if they'd gone with Wesker taking in Sherry well there's her training right there but honestly Resident evil throws away so many characters it hurts and the ones they do keep are husks of their former selves ex: Chris, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Jill, I actually liked alot of the characters in Revelations except Rachel :p but to me Parker=Barry and Jessica was what the new Ada is trying to be (the cool double agent sexy spy) And the ending scene after the credits :w00t: really made me want more and was sad to remember that it was a prequel to 5.
But it really makes me wonder if capcom will try to bring back some of its characters like Rebecca or Steve,or try to use Elza Walker and Tanya (RE: DC)
wesker never took sherry into custody, in fact, that's the only point of her being in government custody all of her life, and no, resident evil doesn't throw away characters, it just threw away the ones that aren't relevant to the overall plot, like billy, rebecca, barry, steve (seriously her's dead let it go, he's not coming back), and what was the former selves of the main characters, because none of them were deep especially not chris or jill in the first game, and leon and ada definitely were not anything but cliche', now the characters are grown and actually have depth, something that plagued the old resident evil plots

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
wesker never took sherry into custody, in fact, that's the only point of her being in government custody all of her life, steve (seriously her's dead let it go, he's not coming back),
I hope your not serious about the characters being more in depth, but really quickly Wesker hinted that Steve would come back to life like he did
, Barry and Carlos both knew Jill and I'm sure that they'd join the BSAA as well as rebecca

resident evil doesn't throw away characters, it just threw away the ones that aren't relevant to the overall plot, like billy, rebecca, barry, steve
Why would you say that when they brought back Sherry who hasn't been in a RE game since 2 back in 1998?

what was the former selves of the main characters, because none of them were deep especially not chris or jill in the first game, and leon and ada definitely were not anything but cliche', now the characters are grown and actually have depth, something that plagued the old resident evil plots
The main characters in earlier games were relate-able well atleast to a certain degree especially when it came to Chris and Leon. Before 5 and 6 Chris wasn't a dick all the time and cared for other people he wasn't all broody and depressed either they HAD toned him down emotion wise and muscle wise in Revelations, and Leon was alot more sassy and again cared for people, in a sense strangely enough from what I can tell Jill has pretty much stayed the same all these years Ada has been maded into an annoying spy type character when in reality she was the most retarded one of them all and has been paired up with leon and the series basically saying Leon and Ada had a thing not to long ago -_-, Wesker...Im not even going to what they've done to the guy, he was never a character i liked but i respected the kind of character he was until 5. For some character they've just downgraded from normal everyday people to cliche and annoying characters but for some strange reason I actually like Pierce I don't know why Helena and Jake annoy me with latter reminding me of Olivia from Law and Order SVU but Pierce is alright

AlchemistFromEden

I hope your not serious about the characters being more in depth, but really quickly Wesker hinted that Steve would come back to life like he did
, Barry and Carlos both knew Jill and I'm sure that they'd join the BSAA as well as rebecca
you do realize that the epilogues in resident evil 3 all explained that barry rebecca and carlos were all done with fighting B.O.Ws right, its not just about, "they know the main characters and wanna be superheros too"
rebecca:decided to build her confidence and live a normal life
barry:moved his family to canada permanently to get away from all of the bullshit with umbrella and live a normal life
carlos:he's not relevant or a deep character so they literally just threw him away but seriously what relevance would he have now that we have chris
Why would you say that when they brought back Sherry who hasn't been in a RE game since 2 back in 1998?
they brought back sherry because she is directly related to jake and wesker's side plot, both of her and jake's fathers were destroyed by their research
The main characters in earlier games were relate-able well atleast to a certain degree especially when it came to Chris and Leon.(so are you a rookie cop on your first day or part of a non-existant elite strike force, you should put that on your profile because that's the only way either of those characters would be relatable) Before 5 and 6 Chris wasn't a **** all the time and cared for other people he wasn't all broody and depressed, (he became depressed because he constantly saw the loss of his friends multiple times), either they HAD toned him down emotion wise and muscle wise in Revelations, and Leon was alot more sassy and again cared for people,(lol leon was definitely not more sassy in re2 then he was in re4 or 6, "your right hand comes off?") in a sense strangely enough from what I can tell Jill has pretty much stayed the same all these years Ada has been maded into an annoying spy type character,(um, what was ada before if not a spy type character, did you not pay attention to the narrative at all or even play umbrella chronicles?), when in reality she was the most retarded one of them all and has been paired up with leon and the series basically saying Leon and Ada had a thing not to long ago -_-, (its much more believable since they've known each other for more than ten years and yet no "i love you" has been said, now compare that to creepy teenage steve, who says that after meeting a girl for a few hours and leaving her company) Wesker...Im not even going to what they've done to the guy, he was never a character i liked but i respected the kind of character he was until 5(wesker was extremely poorly written in code veronica
"alexia, you have the veronica virus, i want it!") and he was the ultimate cliche in re1
"wesker, my sister has nothing to do with this, give her back" "ok" *hands claire back to chris for absolutely no reason) For some character they've just downgraded from normal everyday people to cliche and annoying characters but for some strange reason,(they weren't everyday people, it makes absolutely no sense for a rookie cop and a civilian lady to be able to somehow survive a horde of zombies as well as extremely powerful B.O.W.s like william birkin with (canonically) only a pistol except for a very few amount of instances) I actually like Pierce I don't know why Helena and Jake annoy me with latter reminding me of Olivia from Law and Order SVU but Pierce is alright

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
In all honesty we don't know what happens to any of the other characters like Rebecca and Barry , he was supposed to be Chris's partner in 5 but that was scrapped, the chronicle games give a brief description of the events in the first few games and change things up their not canon, and when i mean ada is an idiot i mean she is probably the most retarded spy ever she dresses horribly for missions (re4) and uses her real name it was for me almost embarrassing in Damnation when she was like "Hello I was sent here from the BSAA Im Ada Wong" where they clearly state that she's on the most wanted, her relationship with Leon is basically screw him over
<- and what made me really mad at damnation is this scene right here and i wasn't saying re2 Leon was sassier then 4 and 6 i was saying how Leon from both 2 and 4 were sassier then 6, and originally Wesker was not even in Code Veronica he was added later in Code Veronica X, pertaining to how Leon and Claire could survive Raccoon City its easy, they were already near the police station and used alleys and backstreets to get there going through the sewers and such to get out of the city and where does it say that they cannonically only used a pistol? It's like a RE tradition to finish off the end boss with a rocket launcher xP and to me having a rookie cop and a special trained ,ex air force, cop then what we got in 6

*edit* wouldn't Chris also be more depressed about his friends dying i don't know like around the time it happened not 15yrs after it happened if we take the chronicle games into accounts both in DC and UC Chris seemed pretty normal and not depressed like he was in 5 or 6 heck even in revelations he wasn't that bad

Top Bottom