• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Suicide Squad reviews.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I agree with a lot of this. I looooooveeee the DC movies. They're different. They're not like Marvel, they're not like the comics and they're willing to try out new things, ask different questions, approach their characters with concepts that others wouldn't. You'll never see a fanboy put Superman in a situation where he has to kill because they have a need to idealize him too much. Are they flawed? Absolutely, but so much more memorable. I got burned out on Marvel ages ago and while I can't deny that their movies are quality they just don't stick with me like the DC ones do and I do think that a lot of the hate comes from them not approaching their characters the same way Marvel does.

I kinda agree. While I do plan to see Ghostbusters on video, because trailers just didn't inspire me to see it on the big screen, nor any other reviews, for that matter, I did get a big impression that I had to see it if I didn't want to seem sexist and that really pushed me away. A huge push for the movie to be seen was because the four leads being women, it's progressive, and if you don't support it you aren't, shame on you you internet basement dwelling, woman hating, man-children.

Thing is I don't agree that SSqd is somehow showing off to GBstrs because look how many races and genders we have and we're doing well and you're not while having the same progressive views which means people were right, you suck. That would imply some kind of active intent on the part of SSqd. Besides, if SSqd had had some kind of campaign where they tried to force people to watch it or else you hate blacks, women, and hispanics and s*** on white men I wouldn't gone seen it, either, nor would I have demanded every white person I know watch it because otherwise you hate Hispanics, you so and so gringos.

I've said it before I'll keep on saying it, if you want to add diversity to you film, game, comic, book or what not because that's how you envision your characters, neat, but if you're doing it as some kind of selling point or need to seem progressive then you're a reasons are shallow and the opposite of progressive and I will actively stay away. This is how SSqud does things right; the makers never went out of their way to tell you how many minorities they had and me, as a minority, wouldn't care, anyway.

... and damn it, I went on a tirade again.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
@berto

I had always thought the diversity was unintentional (because they were already diverse in the comics).

To be honest, I like Will Smith being himself when it comes to deadshot. It reminds me of Jack Nicholson when he basically plays every single character he ever played because it simply works.

----

I found another video comparing the two ratings on these films...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I had always thought the diversity was unintentional (because they were already diverse in the comics).
Well, that's kinda my point. If your characters turn out diverse because that's how it either worked out or they just sort of turned out that way is the way things should be. It's when the makers are making a conscious effort to let you know how progressive they're being and that's why you should pay for their product that I take exception.

I've been following this whole 'equality in media' in the US for a while and it's bothered me for a long time. Sarkisian has a list that a tells you how OK a movie or game is to enjoy. The list would be OK if it wasn't in some way trying to blacklist any media that doesn't meet two or more of her criteria. I've got very little tolerance for those views and while the ideas are founded in something good the execution is tyrannical and clearly made by people who've never seen real oppression, 1st world overgrown infants.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's when the makers are making a conscious effort to let you know how progressive they're being and that's why you should pay for their product that I take exception.
Sure, I agree with all of that.

----

Edit:

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You should all go see a good movie instead.

Kubo and The Two Strings is playing and is a million times better than Suicide Squad.

They're not like Marvel
Sure these movies are not like Marvel. Marvel movies are actually good.

Seriously, you people who make excuses for these dumpster fires are why we can't have nice things. I don't know about you, but I actually LIKE DC comics, and would much rather these characters be done right in good films.

They don't do crap properly. You're so full of it saying that they're smart or daring in any way. For example, Superman having to sacrifice his ultimate moral ideal is a good thing and SHOULD be done. If only he had ideals to sacrifice.

You can't expect anyone to feel for what is supposed to be an upstanding character having to commit a dark act such as killing, when the mofo is freaking fighting with complete disregard for public safety killing Godzilla knows how many innocent people in the process literally like 5 minutes beforehand.

You don't know a thing about Superman and what kind of character he is. It's not being a fanboy. It's actually understanding the reasons why this character was always so beloved in the first place. People like you aren't Superman fans. You also don't know how to see proper storytelling even if it hit you in the face if you think DC's movies are doing it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Kubo and The Two Strings is playing and is a million times better than Suicide Squad.
That describes most Laika movie to most other movies in general

Sure these movies are not like Marvel. Marvel movies are actually good.

Seriously, you people who make excuses for these dumpster fires are why we can't have nice things.
Please, continue telling me what I may or may not like. No one is making excuses, I like the movies and your approval means squad. Now, be polite.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: If you can't construct your opinion in an appropriate manner, then please don't construct one at all.

I'm tired of seeing you willingly badmouth things other people like, and telling them they shouldn't enjoy it or why it's bad. Your opinion doesn't speak for everyone individually.

And enough with the whole "You're not a fan of this" mentality. I've literally seen you post that or something similar about a million times already. Once or twice is fine, but now it's kind of become irritating.

Now. This is your last warning to try to discuss something reasonably without insulting everything or other members, and to actually add something other than your disliking towards whatever the subject may be.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
... Does no one love my Puddin?? :'(

Please don't recast him. Please don't recast him. Please don't recast him...

PEOPLE WILL LOVE JOKER AND LEX IN THEIR RESPECTIVE SEQUELS. YOU'LL SEE!!

Top Bottom