• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Suicide Squad reviews.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Ladies and gentlemen, I report to you with a broken heart that we seem to have a repeat of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. With a 33 percent rating in RottenTomatoes and a 47 Metascore, the film's being described as a manic, jumbled mess and seems to be suffering from the same flaws that Dawn of Justice did. At least that's what the critics are saying; I won't throw in any statements before I see it for myself.

These are early reviews, but let's be fair - they ain't gonna get any better. I'm interested to hear your opinions though; will the critic score affect your decisions to watch the film on theaters, or do you just not care? Do you think there's a chance they might be right, based on the trailers and the released footage?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
While I have no plans to see Suicide Squad, at the end of the day a critic's opinion is theirs alone, maybe I agree with them or maybe I don't. It certainly never affects my decision to see a movie.

Plus sites like Rotten Tomatoes are a bunch of :poop:. In my humble opinion anyway.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Blatant emotional bias. Wait until the Ultimate Edition.
Yea, critics have a bias against DC. That's why a ton of their animated flicks, and The Dark Knight trilogy for example are all critically acclaimed on there. *rolls eyes*

Anywho.......

I'm gonna see it for myself because I am holding out hope for Suicide Squad, even if Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman were steaming piles of garbage, and I still have a few doubts concerning some character's looks and portrayal. . The 2nd and 3rd trailers were good, and has me still interested in seeing it. Maybe it isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. I'll see for myself.

Fingers crossed, I am still rooting for Suicide Squad.

At least Wonder Woman looks legitimately good and might be the redemption the DCEU needs. Like, seriously, if that film is somehow bad, I will probably cry. I freaking love the Wonder Woman trailer.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Reaction+Head+Bash.gif

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That was predictable. It's a DC film so it must fall in line with BvS levels of bad. Honestly, BvS wasn't even that bad of a film. I know lots of people that liked it, flaws and all. It wasn't the best movie, but it certainly wasn't the worst. I personally think a 30% score is a load of crap, really. The only types of movies that deserve that are the ones that think making flying sharks that eat teenagers is a good story idea.

Anyway, I'll wait to judge for myself.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I personally think a 30% score is a load of crap, really. The only types of movies that deserve that are the ones that think making flying sharks that eat teenagers is a good story idea.

Anyway, I'll wait to judge for myself.
Thank you. That's all I'm trying to say.

The score is nonsense, and flying sharks suck.

Also, see it for yourself... when the Ultimate Edition comes out.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Can I create a thread where random youtubers criticize The Dark Knight?

I just wanna show that no matter how many "professional" (durr durr) critics out there march in lockstep with each others' opinions, no movie is without flaw, and even highly praised movies can be revealed to not be all that good once the dust settles around it.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, it's always the same story. When a movie that's being looking forward to by many people gets bad early reviews, there's bound to be a bunch of people throwing crap at Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, or whatever, calling bullshit, they are wrong, blah blah blah.

That's why I generally don't pay attention to these early reviews. Even though it's increasingly difficult, seeing how borderline obsessed with them people seem to be nowadays. I'm one of those guys that usually decides whether to see a movie or not based on my own interest. In this case, I'm not particularly hyped for Suicide Squad the same way I was for BvS or the Nolan movies or The Avengers, but I'm gonna go see it with a friend. Whatever the critics say. I'm not letting them run my life.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
when it comes to film, i've said it before and i'll say it again "film is subjective". we all like and dislike what we like and dislike. don't let someone else think for you. if you see it and agree with critics that it's bad...then you think it's bad and you agree with the critics who dislike it. if you see it and you like it...then you think it's good and agree with the critics who like it.

giphy.gif

Teal

Thank you. That's all I'm trying to say.

The score is nonsense, and flying sharks suck.

Also, see it for yourself... when the Ultimate Edition comes out.

So, that's the norm now? Everytime DC makes a film, we need to wait for the Ultimate edition to clear things out?

I'm not generally affected by critic reviews, and yes, I'm still gonna see this movie, but for once I wanna sit during a DCEU screening and leave the theater thinking to myself "That was an undeniably good movie. End of story!" not "Hmm, maybe if I watch it a second time, I'll like it more." Because for all the crap that I've thrown at DC, I want them to succeed and break out of this curse. I want everyone, not just critics, but everyone to quit feeling divisive about the whole affair, because there's a lot of potential in the Extended Universe that's being drowned by a shambolic chain of command and a series of bad decisions.

Edit: Jeremy Jahns like the film:

I trust his tastes.

Last edited:

absolitude

nobody says anything about scott eastwood's character, i'm guessing he's significant that it's some kind of spoiler?

Teal

nobody says anything about scott eastwood's character, i'm guessing he's significant that it's some kind of spoiler?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but a bunch of Reddit dudes got an advanced screening of Suicide Squad and they confirmed Eastwood's character is a mere soldier operating under Rick Flagg.

I found the marketing for the movie very weird. They kept a lot of unimportant, unnecessary aspects tightly wrapped only for the reveal to be extremely anticlimactic.

The Flash seems to make a really short cameo though, so that's good.

absolitude

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a bunch of Reddit dudes got an advanced screening of Suicide Squad and they confirmed Eastwood's character is a mere soldier operating under Rick Flagg.

I found the marketing for the movie very weird. They kept a lot of unimportant, unnecessary aspects tightly wrapped only for the reveal to be extremely anticlimactic.

The Flash seems to make a really short cameo though, so that's good.

well huh, that IS weird..

so anyway another weird thing is that i randomly watched reviews and all of them are positive..

the weird is strong in this movie

Meg

There's a petition to get Rotten Tomatoes shut down because people disagree with the negative reviews. :laugh:

THE MOVIE HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET! :facepalm::banghead::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There's a petition to get Rotten Tomatoes shut down because people disagree with the negative reviews. :laugh:

THE MOVIE HASN'T EVEN COME OUT YET! :facepalm::banghead::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yea, it's pretty sad. It also has nearly 12,000 signatures from what I've heard.

I mean, for one it's an aggregate site that doesn't write any reviews themselves, just compiles a bunch of them from all over to show off a consensus.

Two, they're trying to shut it down because they think the site itself has a bias against DC.....even though the site is partially owned by Warner Bros.

Probably the dumbest thing I read about all day so far.

Reactions: Meg

Teal

The creator of that petition says its purpose is not to shut down RT (they can't do that, no matter how many people sign it) but to show that people don't care about critics. Let me be the first to say that is truly retarded.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It was withdrawn, but not before over 17,000 idiots signed the retarded thing.

*slow clap*

Way to go.

Anyway, I might go to the premiere showing tomorrow because I have plans in the evening which means I'll be out in town, so we might stop by the theater to watch the film. Crossing my fingers. Jeremy seemed to like it, and I usually agree with his judgement for the most part. Expect a review from me after I see it.

Top Bottom