• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Streaming DmC's Dante Must Die mode tomorrow (Aquila Inside)

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
It's probably because I've played so many times already, but SoS feels already pretty easy to me. First time playing it was a pain. Now rarely health bear goes below half, even without DT.

Hopefuly the whole game on SoS is challenging indeed and remains as such on replays. And let's hope that DMD actually makes it as tough as it can ethically can.

ChaserTech

I'm pretty sure DMD is somewhat challenging. During the stream, the person who was playing seemed to have a fairly hard time. However he's not that good of a player and he doesn't play very safe when he's surrounded by a crowd of demons.
He'll just try to attack them while also getting picked off by the other enemies around him. And then he eventually gets cornered and dies. lol

In my opinion, it should be similar to DMC4's DMD except (hopefully) a better AI system. DMD enemies in DMC4 were kinda iffy to me. Not sure why. :/

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
how would you guys rate the difficulty of DMD compared to the other DMDs or the orther games' difficulty levels?

Honestly I didn't see him having any difficulty. But that's also cause I'm not holding the game myself. I've played DMC3 on DMD mode and that's a level I've never beaten on that game except in DMC2.

ChaserTech

Honestly I didn't see him having any difficulty. But that's also cause I'm not holding the game myself. I've played DMC3 on DMD mode and that's a level I've never beaten on that game except in DMC2.

I think you may have watched the first part of the stream. Towards the end, he starts playing on DMD mode with enemies that has DT. He also kept talking about the emphasis on the difficulty, which got a bit annoying after awhile since he kept getting killed. lol

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think you may have watched the first part of the stream. Towards the end, he starts playing on DMD mode with enemies that has DT. He also kept talking about the emphasis on the difficulty, which got a bit annoying after awhile since he kept getting killed. lol

Yeah that's the one I meant. But like I said, I'll have to play it for myself. It probably looks easy cause he's been playing DmC for a while.

ChaserTech

. . . It probably looks easy cause he's been playing DmC for a while.

Uhhh . . . He didn't get past the mission in DMD mode. He died multiple times. But in the beginning he only played on Devil Hunter mode. Then afterwards he switched to DMD after he beat the mission on regular mode.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I'm pretty sure DMD is somewhat challenging. During the stream, the person who was playing seemed to have a fairly hard time. However he's not that good of a player and he doesn't play very safe when he's surrounded by a crowd of demons.
He'll just try to attack them while also getting picked off by the other enemies around him. And then he eventually gets cornered and dies. lol

In my opinion, it should be similar to DMC4's DMD except (hopefully) a better AI system. DMD enemies in DMC4 were kinda iffy to me. Not sure why. :/

At first, well my only choice, i believed greg was really good at this game and along comes the demo, and just like you said... he's not that smart of a player. I'm not to keen with playing it safe myself, but fighting in corners and finding the most smallest nook in the level while your camera is looking at a wall, yea... but no, The camera is only bad if you don't know how to use it. In the past DMC's you were stuck with a crap camera, now you can change it.

DMC4 on DMD mode was only hard on some parts, mainly some bosses and stupid dice games and other stupid things that didn't really require any of your skills. Like breaking the unbreakable window while those flying sword things were trying to stab you and trying to avoid the floors which take 3rds of your health away (i hate that part) Also playing as Dante on DMD is pretty hard to, thats just because the enemies weren't designed for him

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
It's probably because I've played so many times already, but SoS feels already pretty easy to me. First time playing it was a pain. Now rarely health bear goes below half, even without DT.

Hopefuly the whole game on SoS is challenging indeed and remains as such on replays. And let's hope that DMD actually makes it as tough as it can ethically can.

u just said at first SoS was challenging, but after, however many times you've played it, its easy now. Or course its gonna be easy now, espeically if you play the demo as much as i do, i'm still trying to not get hit once during that mode. I know how to do it but i;m not that kinda of a player to pick off demons one at a time, I go balls out and make it difficult...... its more fun that way :cool:

BTW

Is this the best demo in the whole world? because i've never had this much fun playing a demo, not since bayonetta that is

Dnishe Ebanoye

u just said at first SoS was challenging, but after, however many times you've played it, its easy now. Or course its gonna be easy now, espeically if you play the demo as much as i do, i'm still trying to not get hit once during that mode. I know how to do it but i;m not that kinda of a player to pick off demons one at a time, I go balls out and make it difficult...... its more fun that way :cool:

BTW

Is this the best demo in the whole world? because i've never had this much fun playing a demo, not since bayonetta that is

Yep, comrade!

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Yes, definitely the most fun demo in recent memory. I don't think I've hammered a demo this much since DMC 4. In fact, I actually let a friend borrow DMC 4 and missed the Devil Bringer so much that I re-downloaded the demo.

I am curious as to what base difficulty Hell and Hell will play at. In DMC 4 the base difficulty of that mode was Son of Sparda (I could tell from enemy spawns and boss health) but obviously with the additional modifier of being hit once and dying. Hopefully it is the same deal with DmC's Hell and Hell.

Slaythe

I am not sure the game will feature both heaven or hell, and hell or hell. Probably one or the other, don't know why :( ..

Demo is pretty fun. Obviously the Vergil chapter will be more than worth it. (and free for several people !)

I enjoy replayability much more on DMC games than on Bayonetta, don't know why..

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They've already told us that the "Heaven or Hell" and "Hell and Hell" modes are included in the game.

Top Bottom