• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story Ideas for Future DmCs

This_IZ_Sparda!

i really hope that Capcom and NT will pay attention to these suggestions. I've seen posts on ideas for Mundus's return or even Sparda. Here are my ideas:
> the world will be darker, attaining its gothic feel like the previous games
> enemies would be nastier, i mean porcelain look design was okay, but i want some sort of organic demons in the design as well.
> Deeper story, more characters. maybe Kat will be more bad ass than the first.

... and my suggestions will go on.

AcidX_Y

i really hope that Capcom and NT will pay attention to these suggestions. I've seen posts on ideas for Mundus's return or even Sparda. Here are my ideas:
> the world will be darker, attaining its gothic feel like the previous games
> enemies would be nastier, i mean porcelain look design was okay, but i want some sort of organic demons in the design as well.
> Deeper story, more characters. maybe Kat will be more bad ass than the first.

... and my suggestions will go on.
The gothic feel in the other games was dull as hell (no pun intended), Furnace of souls was dark, but it wasn't a dull level, it still felt alive like the other levels.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If they were to bring back Sparda & Mundus.

How would you see Sparda like Kevin Flynn from Tron to Tron Legacy? And Mundus like Agent Smith from The Matrix?

This_IZ_Sparda!

The gothic feel in the other games was dull as hell (no pun intended), Furnace of souls was dark, but it wasn't a dull level, it still felt alive like the other levels.
Well, okay i hear ya. I actually felt more alive with the 5th installment's environments.

If they were to bring back Sparda & Mundus.

How would you see Sparda like Kevin Flynn from Tron to Tron Legacy? And Mundus like Agent Smith from The Matrix?

for mundus, i felt like the last boss sequence was ok, but if i want him to return, he should have a more ultimate form than a molten mass of buildings and cars.. and streetlights.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If they'll make a DmC2, take the story 5 years later after the demons finally shown themselves.

Give Sparda a DLC story like Vergil but unlike the cutscenes. After all Sparda won't be just a "Kevin Flynn" but also a "Big Boss".

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
My idea is a 4 game saga

DmC2 will focus on introducing the Angels who "save" the humans from the demons, only to take over. It's up to Dante, Kat, new human ally Mary/Lady, and Angel Ally Azrael to save everyone. Meanwhile Vergil unlocks his Angel powers, and leads a section of angels into his ever expanding army

DmC3: Vergil, and his scientist Ally Amadeus Arkham, open a portal to Hell, to find Sparda, and gain his immense power. Dante must stop them, but what they find will shake the world forever.

DmC4: 17 years have passed since DmC3. A mysterious Assassin, wielding Nephilim powers with white hair and blue eyes, attacks Dante before disappearing through a portal. Dante tracks him down. But who is this "Nero" and why does Yamato sync with him?

So... you want to (sort of) do the old series all over again? Why would you want to do that? Didn't DmC have enough things already that were done in DMC1 and DMC3?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
So... you want to (sort of) do the old series all over again? Why would you want to do that? Didn't DmC have enough things already that were done in DMC1 and DMC3?

You ever seen Gurren Lagann Parrallel works? They tell the story of TTGL in new ways.

For Example:

lucier

How about a 5 or 6 game saga?

no. 2 I like where Dante finally unlocks his true potential as a nephilim.

no. 3 Cool where Arkham appears again. But Dante should learn more about his father too since the last game.

no. 4 I'd rather stick to Nero being a cambion. Dante is deceived by the Order of the Sword. But Kyrie convinces Dante that Nero is a good person.

no. 5 Dante finally finds his father alive and somehow escaped the demon world's prisons. He gained enlightenment from several monks and a new ally... Lucia and an half-breed oni friend. Dante needs Sparda's help to stop a new threat who plans on opening the gates of hell for his master to enter and conquer both heaven and earth. And this will be a perfect chance for Dante & Sparda to bond together.

no. 6 Several years passed since his Sparda sacrificed himself to save Dante and helping him escape Hell, even though it cost the death of his brother Vergil. Lucifer/Satan now rules earth and hell. Now Dante needs a lot of help from several angels & rebelling humans against the demons to stop him.
Virgil can suspended animation he sorry to say brother

Last edited:

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I want Dante to mature into a more DMC1-esque personality.

*dodges DragonMaster2010's rotten tomatoes by break dancing*

Allow me to explain. You guys have to remember one thing, the generation that new Dante is supposed to appeal to, is the generation I'm growing up in, and I've seen the kind of kids with New Dante's personality at my high school.
Here is the primary things that stand out about these kinds of kids:
They lack any and all work ethic.
They LOVE to smart mouth teachers.
They get mad at the teacher when they fail a test they didn't study for.
They''ve thrown things at me during experiments in science.
They OPENLY BRAG about smoking weed.

And overall, their style and attitudes are a perfect match to that of DmC Dante. So the idea of any game character designed to relate to these morons BAFFLES ME! That's why I prefer to watch old 90's media (Such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and nerd media (MLP:FiM) over most of the media designed for my generation, because I don't like people who act like The Situation

And EVERY TIME I hear New Dante compared to V. My jaw drops.

One of the essential things about V's character, was that when he wasn't blowing up land marks, he acted like a gentleman in a crazed way.

New Dante acts like nothing more than the average teenager trying to legalize marijuana with a flimsy argument and lack of evidence to back up their claims

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
HARBLE GARBLE

I've never heard anyone compare Dante to V. They're...really nothing alike. Maybe Vergil, because that was a bit of the point, but not Dante. At most I've heard general comparisons of V for Vendetta and DmC because of their egalitarian and anti-oppression themes and such, but...never have I heard someone say that Dante was anything like V. Maybe as a freedom fighter but...uh...that's about it >.<

The problem is that I honestly do not see in Dante what you're seeing. I can totally understand hating those kinds of people because they specifically mess with you, or because they really are just horrible people in general, but I dunno...those guys are c#nts because they were never disciplined nor raised properly. They're the product of a sh!t society that thinks we need to coddle children at all times, and then they grow up to be those sh!tstains in society's tighty-whities.

Dante is none of those things. His personality is not devoid of taking responsibility and he does not blame others for his shortcomings. He doesn't pick on the weak and helpless - his entire game is about learning to stand up for them, to take responsibility for their safety. Dante started as a selfish loner because he just wanted to enjoy what life he had left before the demons finally got in a good one and killed him, but through the course of his story, he comes to realize that it doesn't matter when the demons finally kill him, but what he does with the time he has. Being a nephilim he was given a choice to die in obscurity, or fight, and in the end he chose to fight for a cause and people who needed someone like him.

Dante wasn't created to relate to those asshole kids. He's there to relate to the disenfranchised, the people who are actually left by the wayside by society for not falling in line (see: Punk). In fact, the kinds of kids you're comparing him to, are the exact product of the society he and those who relate to him are disenfranchised by.

Dante's being a bit of a asshole at the beginning of DmC is really different from the unholy crotchspawn of people who should never breed. Dante's resentment comes from a logical place - not fitting into society and having a sh!t life because of demons ruining it every chance they get. Those "swagfags" as you call them are a product of a sh!t society that told them they were the best with little justification, and that being a gigantic douchenozzle is the greatest thing on Earth.

Dante would have been appealing to the swagfags if he had never grown out of his hedonistic lifestyle. For Dante, that's just a starting point, his lowest point, and he grows up and goes up from there. If he was really supposed to appeal to those kinds of people, wouldn't he have been consistently singing the virtues of such a life and never bothered helping anyone? Tried to get into Kat's hotpants? Told humanity their on their own? Told is "brother" to eat a d!ck? As soon as Dante had found out there wasn't anything in it for him, he would have left. Luckily, though, none of that happened.

If he was really supposed to appeal to swagfags, the marketing probably would have been pretty damn different, too...

And I don't think there's any actual DmC fan who also likes someone like "The Situation". I think it's impossible to dig a video game about demons, swords and magic on any deep level and also think anyone like him is a paragon of anything other than utter stupidity and selective genocide.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I want Dante to mature into a more DMC1-esque personality.

Allow me to explain. You guys have to remember one thing, the generation that new Dante is supposed to appeal to, is the generation I'm growing up in, and I've seen the kind of kids with New Dante's personality at my high school.
Here is the primary things that stand out about these kinds of kids:
They lack any and all work ethic.
They LOVE to smart mouth teachers.
They get mad at the teacher when they fail a test they didn't study for.
They''ve thrown things at me during experiments in science.
They OPENLY BRAG about smoking weed.

And overall, their style and attitudes are a perfect match to that of DmC Dante. So the idea of any game character designed to relate to these morons BAFFLES ME! That's why I prefer to watch old 90's media (Such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and nerd media (MLP:FiM) over most of the media designed for my generation, because I don't like people who act like The Situation

Yeah, I hear you. New Dante can have all the best intentions, but he still comes across as a bit of a moron. The kind of person that you just don't want to be around for fear of catching the idiocy bug. Or somebody who has some growing up to do. Aside from that, he doesn't look all that bright in terms of appearance, or even clothing, for that matter. Old Dante was a character, new Dante is just a run-of-the-mill ass wearing a wife beater and raggedy clothing. I'm not sure how to explain this any better, but... new Dante rubs me the wrong way. He acts like a douche, talks like one, and so I really see your point. The fact that he's a 'good guy' and does 'good' things doesn't detract from him acting like he thinks he's funny, and all that. Of course he's the good guy - that's the point of his character! It's his job in the plot to be the good guy. And it has nothing to do with how he comes across.

Whether or not he's made to be relatable to by the new generations is a different point.

For once, I'd love to see a character that looks cool, and acts normally without being made for any 'type' of gamer. One that's likable in all ways, instead of just one. As you said, I think Dante appeals to the new generation, but the new generation does not include me. I'm 22, and new Dante seems to have been made for twelve-year-olds, who also happen to like conspiracy theories of the kind expounded in DmC. Maybe when education improves, fewer of these uninspired things will be created.

And before anyone tries to trash what I said, I'm not interested in how others feel about my comment, so don't quote me. I just wanted to say this, and it's not something you can disparage. I'm not interested in throwing emotions at each other because some think 'I'm right and you're wrong'.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, I hear you. New Dante can have all the best intentions, but he still comes across as a bit of a moron. The kind of person that you just don't want to be around for fear of catching the idiocy bug. Aside from that, he doesn't look all that bright in terms of appearance, or even clothing, for that matter. Old Dante was a character, new Dante is just a run-of-the-mill jackass wearing a wife beater and raggedy clothing. I'm not sure how to explain this any better, but... new Dante rubs me the wrong way. He acts like a douche, talks like one, and so I really see your point. The fact that he's a 'good guy' and does 'good' things doesn't detract from him acting like he thinks he's funny, and all that. Of course he's the good guy - that's the point of his character! It's his job in the plot to be the good guy. And it has nothing to do with how he comes across.

Heaven forbid pesky things like character development account for anything. Let's just deny it all and believe he's the same as he ever was :/

For once, I'd love to see a character that looks cool, and acts normally without being made for any 'type' of gamer. One that's likable in all ways, instead of just one.

"How do yah do~?"

Marioart8.png

The problem with what you desire is that the more relatable to everyone a character is made, it becomes more difficult to give them multiple dimensions or a deeper personality. A guy like Mario is relatable because he is a rather shallow yet admirable character; fun-loving, does the right thing, cares for family and friends, etc. He's nothing more than a pile of great ideals in overalls, there's no real "why" to delve into. However, when you have a character that does take us deeper, especially into their motivations, that's where people start to become alienated, and the character loses relation with some of the audience.

That's just the nature of making characters worth a damn; you can't please everyone with a character's personality or motivations, and to try is to sacrifice much of what a character could be.

I love me some Mario though, dude's got jumps for days!

As you said, I think Dante appeals to the new generation, but the new generation does not include me. I'm 22, and new Dante seems to have been made for twelve-year-olds, who also happen to like conspiracy theories of the kind expounded in DmC. Maybe when education improves, less of these uninspired things will be created.

I just turned 28 and Dante appeals to me, for I have been on the low rung of the societal ladder; a bank took my family home, and my parents struggle to this day to get by sometimes. I too hate what society has become, greatly emphasizing selfishness, extremes, and money above all else.

It's also funny that you say DmC is for people who happen to like conspiracy theories. In DmC, they're not conspiracies, but the actual way things are, and why the world is such a sh!t-show as it is. However, you also seem to be forgetting that DmC's intention was to all but lampoon societal ills like banksters, extremism, world order conspiracies, and propagandist news pundits.

Once again, you seem to apply your own skewed take on things and criticize based on whether it fails or meets that criteria ("They did this and I don't like it" and "They didn't do this and I don't like it").

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Heaven forbid pesky things like character development account for anything. Let's just deny it all and believe he's the same as he ever was :/

What do you mean? I wouldn't say he developed at all over the course of DmC. o_O Or do you somehow believe this Dante is the same Dante as the one in DMC1? Because that's just not true: NT and Capcom have already said this Devil May Cry takes place in a different universe.

The problem with what you desire is that the more relatable to everyone a character is made, it becomes more difficult to give them multiple dimensions or a deeper personality. A guy like Mario is relatable because he is a rather shallow yet admirable character; fun-loving, does the right thing, cares for family and friends, etc. He's nothing more than a pile of great ideals in overalls, there's no real "why" to delve into. However, when you have a character that does take us deeper, especially into their motivations, that's where people start to become alienated, and the character loses relation with some of the audience.

I'm not saying the character needs to be made more relatable to everyone, I'm saying the character should just act like less of a douche. That's not hard to accomplish.

I just turned 28 and Dante appeals to me, for I have been on the low rung of the societal ladder; a bank took my family home, and my parents struggle to this day to get by sometimes. I too hate what society has become, greatly emphasizing selfishness, extremes, and money above all else.

Society has worked like this for... forever. Well, alright, not in the stone age and s**t, but I just think it's pointless to be sad about how society works. It's especially sad when you get destructive about it in times of global economic hardship.

It's also funny that you say DmC is for people who happen to like conspiracy theories. In DmC, they're not conspiracies, but the actual way things are, and why the world is such a sh!t-show as it is. However, you also seem to be forgetting that DmC's intention was to all but lampoon societal ills like banksters, extremism, world order conspiracies, and propagandist news pundits.

No - if it were trying to satirize it, then the society in the game would not be ruled by demons. If it were trying to satirize the idea of society being controlled, it would not perpetuate the idea that we're being controlled and 'Obama is a puppet' (that's a quote of what I hear often) and all that nonsense. Of course, I see what you mean - it's lampooned in the sense that a newscaster and a banker ('bad' men, right? pffft) are portrayed as actual demons, but that's as far as it goes. It doesn't lampoon the concept itself, it turns it into an actual story - one that's quite serious. I think it's a sad reflection of the contempt people have nowadays for people who worked hard for their money and gain power accordingly. We all chose our path, and to have contempt for people who chose a different life path is just pointless.

Once again, you seem to apply your own skewed take on things and criticize based on whether it fails or meets that criteria ("They did this and I don't like it" and "They didn't do this and I don't like it").

''They did do this and I don't like it'' - yes, that helps us decide whether or not we want to play the game. Congratulations, you just found out how opinions work. I didn't like the game - very astute of you. :facepalm:

As a response to the last part:

See, this is what I meant in my last paragraph. I said this:
''and it's not something you can disparage. I'm not interested in throwing emotions at each other because some think 'I'm right and you're wrong'.''

You keep insisting I have a 'skewed take on things', when there is no right way to see things. All of us see things in different, unique ways. Dante comes across as an ass to me. If he doesn't to you, great, but I don't care.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
What do you mean? I wouldn't say he changed over the course of DmC. o_O

O__________________________________o

You wouldn't say he changed? Then...you're rather blind, to be quite frank. Alittleacorn's own tmblr post here shows evidence enough of it. Obviously, there's a lot that happens between a lot of the images, but from even just the things he says from the beginning ("Mankind? What makes you think I give a sh!t?") and what he says at the end ("This world is under my protection now."), you can tell there's some development in there.

Even on a more specific note, him not giving two sh!ts for Kat's safety and acting very impersonal with her in the beginning, to near the end of the story caring greatly for her well-being and even disagreeing with his own flesh and blood.

I'm not saying the character needs to be made more relatable to everyone, I'm saying the character should just act like less of a douche. That's not hard to accomplish.

Well Dante in DmC certainly becomes less of one. It's part of his character development. He starts off raw and abrasive, and becomes less of a douche as the game goes on. The narrative takes us from our hero's lowest point and lets us watch him build himself up into something so much better than what he was when we began.

Society has worked like this for... forever. Well, alright, not in the stone age and s**t, but I just think it's pointless to be sad about how society works. It's especially sad when you get destructive about it.

Sure, but it's becoming much more a prevalent problem as we go; the wealth gap is widening and it's becoming apparent that the only way to subsist in the modern world is to either be filthy rich or live with debt for the rest of your life. I'm feeling it firsthand! I want to move in with my girlfriend, but I have no line of credit to protect myself. Why? Because I don't believe in spending money I don't have. Alternatively, to build credit, I need to get a credit card, which I'm not allowed to get because I have no line of credit. It's a retardedly vicious cycle >.<

As a commentary on how society disenfranchises its youth, of course it's been happening forever, but DmC is just another common item among the others that shed light on it as well, from whatever decade.

No - if it were trying to satirize it, then the society in the game would not be ruled by demons. If it were trying to satirize the idea, it would not perpetuate the idea that we're being controlled and 'Obama is a puppet' and all that nonsense. Of course, I see what you mean - it's lampooned in the sense that a newscaster and a banker are portrayed as actual demons, but that's as far as it goes. It doesn't lampoon the concept itself, it turns it into an actual story - one that's quite serious.

Well, that's the point, lampooning those "super serious" things people take issue with, and making them into a literal demons to face. There's quite a bit of facetiousness to the concept when made into the plot of a fantasy game, very similar to how They Live did it. It's like taking a conspiracy and turning it up to 11, where it becomes too nonsensical to believe as any explicit commentary in support of those conspiracies. The exaggeration removes most of the seriousness of the conspiracy itself, but that doesn't mean the plot of a story can't still use them seriously, since...well...in the plot, being real and all, they would have a slightly different context.

''They did do this and I don't like it'' - yes, that helps us decide whether or not we want to play the game. Congratulations, you just found out how opinions work. I didn't like the game - good observation. Very astute. :facepalm:

I'm talking about you applying your own assumptions of their intentions and then criticizing them for it, not passing it off as opinion but as base fact of "this is what they did" when there's no evidence to support it. It's fine to have an opinion, totally, but it's entirely possible for an opinion to be proven wrong by facts. Such as, you can have the opinion that Dante never had any character development, but it'd be wholly wrong given what we see Dante do and go through in the game.

Far too often I think people nowadays hide behind the veil of "it's my opinion" without taking into consideration that having one does not unequivocally grant exemption from disagreement or challenge of it by others. It's like a way of accepting that one's opinion is not fact, but still has to be considered as if it is, because it's their fact.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

I'm not interested in the excuse for character development DmC gives us. Dante has always seen things for what they are in DmC. He knew there were demons, he supposedly pretty much knew what was going on, and to say that he suddenly changed and wanted to help humanity because... I don't know, f/uck all - that's just not character development. You don't just go 'I am now a hero and will protect this world' within the timespan of one game.

Sure, but it's becoming much more a prevalent problem as we go; the wealth gap is widening and it's becoming apparent that the only way to subsist in the modern world is to either be filthy rich or live with debt for the rest of your life.

That's simply not true - but I don't know, maybe it's different in your country. Guess whose views are sort of skewed here, then? You apply your situation to all other situations. You let your own situation color your view of everything else. It's like cops being corrupt in one part of a state, and residents making others think that police in general is corrupt or abusive. Because that's the only experience they happen to have, and make assumptions based on that.

I'm talking about you applying your own assumptions of their intentions and then criticizing them for it, not passing it off as opinion but as base fact of "this is what they did" when there's no evidence to support it. It's fine to have an opinion, totally, but it's entirely possible for an opinion to be proven wrong by facts. Such as, you can have the opinion that Dante never had any character development, but it'd be wholly wrong given what we see Dante do and go through in the game.

I simply said Dante comes across as an ass to me. That's not wrong or right, it's just the way I see it. And I hate it. So yeah, that has helped in my decision not to buy the game, and not to support it. To be honest, I feel this argument is pointless. It's like saying I should like the color green. Well, I don't. And everybody's perception of color is supposedly different. To say that I have a 'skewed outlook on things' is arguing that there's such a thing as 'the right outlook'. There isn't.

Top Bottom