• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Story ideas for DMC Netflix?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any ideas for DMC animated in Netflix?

What would be the best stories to produce?

- Legend of Sparda
- Nero's childhood and maybe remake DMC4
- Dante & Vergil's separation and reunion
- DMC2 remake

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dislike the anime but it had a few good ideas. Focusing on a new case rather than adapting a specific game feels like the way to go.

Im not sure I'd focus on Dante specifically. Im not sure he could be a good fit for a TV format. Trust me its a whole different game than movies.

Tv is becoming more about ensembles so just having other characters around might cover Dante's shortcomings to me.

Last edited:

DarkSlayer54

I'd be happy with a retelling of the game stories. Season 1 being DMC3, Season 2 being original content or skipping right to DMC1 - maybe they could incorporate story points of the novel. Season 3 being DMC1 if it wasn't done already. Season 4 doing DMC4, but the majority of the season introducing Nero. Season 5 being DMC2, maybe with side missions... and it would actually set up DMC5 and explain what Nero and Lady did during the events of DMC2.

No way it'll happen like that, but I'd sure love to see the game plots to be redone and connected together.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd be happy with a retelling of the game stories. Season 1 being DMC3, Season 2 being original content or skipping right to DMC1 - maybe they could incorporate story points of the novel. Season 3 being DMC1 if it wasn't done already. Season 4 doing DMC4, but the majority of the season introducing Nero. Season 5 being DMC2, maybe with side missions... and it would actually set up DMC5 and explain what Nero and Lady did during the events of DMC2.

No way it'll happen like that, but I'd sure love to see the game plots to be redone and connected together.

That’d be perfect to see Nero’s journey after DMC4.

Plus redo DMC4 and DMC2!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

I could not have put it any other way.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted to do a show set between DMC3 and 1. That's probably the best era to do a Dante show to me. Post DMC1 he's been a dud to me.

A lady/Trish spinoff show where they go from place to place and learn how to work together. They also try their hand at covert ops using Trish's shape-changing powers to infiltrate potential bad guy groups.

Vergil in Hell after the events of the first game.

A Fortuna centered Nero show (the first season might retell 4). Nero might be rebooted to be more like his concept art.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Legend of Sparda: Tell Sparda's origin

DMC3: Before DMC3 when Dante & Vergil are growing up.

DMC4: Before and after Nero's adventures. Explore Nero traveling after the fall of the Order. Maybe remake a bit of DMC4 to make it better and sensible. Including before DMC5.

DMC2: Remake DMC2 entirely.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Is this just fan-theory or will there legit be a DMC on Netflix? I've seen people mention it all over the internet but I still don't know if the source is for real?
"Devil May Cry animated series coming from Netflix Castlevania producer"

The dude who made the Castlevania series on Netflix says he's acquired the rights to make a new DMC animated series on Netflix. We don't know much more than that, hence this thread existing to pitch various ideas for what the story could be.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Some people won't like it but here goes;

Modern take where Dante has pretty much sealed the door to the demon world permanently, and the world is at absolute peace; leaving Dante out of a job.

So we fast forward a couple of years to a Dante in his early 40's who's still in shape, and works as the owner of some convenient store or some small time job. Lady went on to be a hitwoman, while Trish became something of a traveler across the world. Patty is now the owner of a very profitable and loving orphanage, Morrison is Dante's drinking buddy, and Nero is back in Fortuna with Kyrie. Life has pretty much become something of normal for everyone.

However, Dante is bored of it all and wishes he could go back to what he use to. That all changes when a sudden Earthquake sends ripples across the planet and from the depths comes a heaping pile of defeated and killed demons from past DMC games. The origin is unknown, but Dante couldn't be more than happy to trade the manager vest for his red coat, and the price tag gun for his favorable ones.

And so the rest of the series is Dante traveling to different places around the world, with Lady, Trish, and Nero occasionally showing up.

A possible Vergil cameo down the road, some reference to past games (including DmC), and the obvious connection to Castlevania.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind them doing an anthology set during DMC5 focusing on how different people across the world deal with the demon invasion.

Its a way to create new potential protagonists and further develop DMC's world.

Each episode could be a new place, a new hero sort of thing. You could look in on old characters such as Beryl from the 2nd light novel, Brad and Julia- the human demon couple from the anime etc.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Hmm... Obviously the scope of what can be done all depends on how long this "Series" ends up being, since the first season of the Castlevania animated series was only four episodes long. You've also got to take into account that after watching the anime, you want people to pick up the games and since DMC5 is the supposed end of the "Sons of Sparda" era, you've got to decide whether you want to celebrate the classic games with Dante as the focus or try to move forward and feature Nero (and possibly V) as the centre since DMC6 will more likely than not have them as the main leads.

So based on that, if I were in charge of this project, what I'd do is make a jumping on point for people who want to play DMC5 but don't want to go through the previous 4 games. That is what my responsible business brain is telling me.

Although... if I could have my way, what I'd personally want to make would be a prequel series focusing on Dante's youth. Showcasing his early days as investigating demonic activity, showing off his rougher nature as he hunts for clues for the demon lord that took his family away from him. Using his demonic powers causes him to become more animalistic and so he has to keep it reigned in as he fights against a variety of opponents from evil humans trying to use the supernatural to demons that slip through the cracks to the human world. That's what my selfish heart would want to do. :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was fond of Dirk Gently's holistic detective agency on BBC America so I thought about doing something similar for V. After DMCV, V joins the DMC crew and tries his hand at being a "white hat". So him and his familiar getting into misadventures while taking cases and figuring out how they are going to pay rent this month.

I wanted to use the cast of the Live Hacker musical because they seem fun and are blank slates. Despite being introverted V feels more of a team player than Dante or Nero. Granted because he's more dependent on his familiars than Dante depends on Nero/Trish/Lady etc. So I choose the Live Hacker characters because they'd compliment his skills better than they would Dante/Nero. V is less a jack of all trades so he needs other people to do things like firing guns or driving.

It's an urban fantasy show about being an adult that we could do with Dante but he wouldn't be convincing at it and I already pitched a show with Nero years ago so V deserve this shot.

windleopard

Season 1 - Focuses on Dante's cases as well as includes flashbacks to his childhood and his family.

Season 2 - an adaptation of DMC 3.

Season 3 - an adaptation of DMC 1 but with later episodes focusing on Dante and Trish's partnership as well as some guest appearances from Lady.

Season 4 - Adapts DMC 4 as well as serves as a backdoor pilot for a Nero spin off.

Season 5 - Adapts DMC 2.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Season 1 - Focuses on Dante's cases as well as includes flashbacks to his childhood and his family.

Season 2 - an adaptation of DMC 3.

Season 3 - an adaptation of DMC 1 but with later episodes focusing on Dante and Trish's partnership as well as some guest appearances from Lady.

Season 4 - Adapts DMC 4 as well as serves as a backdoor pilot for a Nero spin off.

Season 5 - Adapts DMC 2.

DMC2 is now before DMC4

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted to do a DmC based anime which would be ironic given its PR but I'd probably a DmC-based arc for my young Dante pitch above.

I like the demons trying to use subterfuge instead of an outright invasion. It's not an exact one to one because you can't really do that so a lot of it is split up. Like if we adapt the manga into an episode Dante would live in a trailer instead of a building and he and Vergil would be working together before falling out. The end of DmC where demons are made public which could lead to some interesting stories post DMC3.

We'd probably get more use out of Enzo, Morrison, Grue, and Nell. Enzo, Grue and Nell don't avoid their canon fates.

We'll probably adapt the Live Hacker musical because it's already in this period. I wanted to do a prequel to 2 with a young Arius and we meet Lucia's source material (the original).

I wanted to redo the anime but with a young Dante instead of his older self and Patty's mom instead of Patty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom