• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Startling Realization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I didn't mean to start a war, I just meant to say, from an unbiased perspective, new Dante has more strength feats than 3 Dante
There is small secret: ANY vs. thread gonna turn into flame war if you say that A has more B than C ;)
It's sad truth about humanity

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
There is small secret: ANY vs. thread gonna turn into flame war if you say that A has more B than C ;)
It's sad truth about humanity
And this is why existential nihilists believe ALL OF HUMANITY MUST BE WIPED OUT OF THIS WORLD! And it's all because they love competing against one another for superiority... Let's just all destroy each other UNTIL HUMANITY IS EXTINCT LIKE THE DINOSAURS BEFORE THEM!

Edit: @TerrorA
You see, some people here tend to go dismissing others views, even yours, as BS. THAT'S why conflict arises...

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Wether he stronger or not, is pretty much undecidable question, though it's hard to compare them, since "punching giant demons" doesn't means much. Being smaller don't make you weaker. But we know that DMC3 has much superior regenration. It took nDante much longer to heal mere scratches (like in the beginning), while oDante can heal much more terrifying wounds. Additionally Munduss almost killed Dante with bare hands in DmC, while DMC3 Dante ends up being stabbed through and regenerating after it like it was nothing

But we've never seen nDante stabbed with a sword, however we've seen him stabbed with a chainsaw in game and he came from that just fine. Also he was shot by guns and was still running. Was slammed through debree from buildings and was still breathing. Was slammed hard against a building and only suffered a little light-headedness.
So you're deduction's no more correct then.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
But we've never seen nDante stabbed with a sword, however we've seen him stabbed with a chainsaw in game and he came from that just fine. Also he was shot by guns and was still running. Was slammed through debree from buildings and was still breathing. Was slammed hard against a building and only suffered a little light-headedness.
So you're deduction's no more correct then.
And here we go again. Figures. He almost died from half-inserted fingers in it. it was on monitor and he screamed from agony. Or you omit it because it doesn't support you theory? And that aside Vergil can die in simple car crash. So don't mix damage in gameplay against damage he suffers during plot.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
And here we go again. Figures. He almost died from half-inserted fingers in it. it was on monitor and he screamed from agony. Or you omit it because it doesn't support you theory? And that aside Vergil can die in simple car crash. So don't mix damage in gameplay against damage he suffers during plot.

See my previous explanation of "vast amounts of energy focused by a powerful opponent". Like, Oh, I don't know, A HELL KING?

And after a distraction by Vergil, Dante powered through it, grabbing Mundus' hands and throwing him off the building.
It's almost like the fingers themselves weren't the problem.

DragonMaster2010

Hey, if you can't have a safe and calm discussion about this then that's your issues to work on. Not mine.

And yes he almost died from Mundus's fingers, but not from that other stuff I just mentioned. Thus saying there IS a strong form of durability. Whether stronger then DMC3 Dante is yet to be seen since Dante's got four games and an anime. And since this is just a comparison of DMC3 Dante and nDante, we still don't know the full limit because DMC3 Dante let himself get stabbed by million scythes while nDante usually avoids that kind of damage either out of reflex or cause it could kill him. As to which one is another story.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
See my previous explanation of "vast amounts of energy focused by a powerful opponent". Like, Oh, I don't know, A HELL KING?

And after a distraction by Vergil, Dante powered through it, grabbing Mundus' hands and throwing him off the building.
It's almost like the fingers themselves weren't the problem.
Actually after Vergil disturbed portal, and Munduss weakened. Even thn, we never see nDante seriously cut or stabbed like original one. And yes, since it was already said, simple stab by sword almost killed Vergil and put him in dying state. IT's same situation as DMC3 but thanks to it you can easily estimate difference between both
Hey, if you can't have a safe and calm discussion about this...

And yes he almost died from Mundus's fingers, but not from that other stuff I just mentioned. Thus saying there IS a strong form of durability. Whether stronger then DMC3 Dante is yet to be seen since Dante's got four games and an anime. And since this is just a comparison of DMC3 Dante and nDante, we still don't know the full limit because DMC3 Dante let himself get stabbed by million scythes with nDante usually avoids that kind of damage either out of reflex or cause it could kill him. As to which one is another story.
We could have possible had calm discussion if it wasn't for desperate need to damage-defend anything that points that nDante is at least in somewhat inferior to original, even if by denying facts.
Well we talking about DMC3 Dante not about others. And we talking about regeneration and I didn't noticed much regeneration from vergil who crawled from the fight, unlike original Dante who recovered from the very same kind of wound in couple of minutes.

TerrorA

Actually after Vergil disturbed portal, and Munduss weakened. Even thn, we never see nDante seriously cut or stabbed like original one. And yes, since it was already said, simple stab by sword almost killed Vergil and put him in dying state. IT's same situation as DMC3 but thanks to it you can easily estimate difference between both

DMC3: Stabbed by Base Vergil, Dante goes down, loses consciousness almost immediately, begins to wake up and gets ran through by his own sword. Vergil never DT's during either.

DmC: Vergil gets stabbed by DT'd, Bloodlusted Dante, and we see bits of DT energy on the hilt of the sword, implying Dante is funneling energy through it. Vergil DOES NOT lose consciousness immediately, and manages to teleport away before succumbing.

Base DMC3 Vergil w/o energy funneling=/= DT'd DmC Dante with energy pumping.

DragonMaster2010

A
We could have possible had calm discussion if it wasn't for desperate need to damage-defend anything that points that nDante is at least in somewhat inferior to original, even if by denying facts.
Well we talking about DMC3 Dante not about others. And we talking about regeneration and I didn't noticed much regeneration from vergil who crawled from the fight, unlike original Dante who recovered from the very same kind of wound in couple of minutes.

Dude, why is that a bad thing? It's only natural that if you have a favorite character, you defend them. You've done it with ODante, and I do it with nDAnte. If you don't like me doing that, then I can't help you. That's something you'll have to get over.

Also there were different exceptions to their wounds.

• old Dante didn't exactly recover from being stabbed. He was next to unconcious from the first stab and was pretty much put down with rebellion. If not for the sword taking in his blood, it would've taken longer for Dante to stand again. Or he could've died. Maybe.
  • nVergil wasn't stabbed by DMC3's yamato. He was stabbed by nDante's rebellion. And before you say "well in DT, Dante's rebellion would hurt demons in excruciating degrees" well nVergil's not a normal demon. He's a nephilim. There's gotta be some effect with that.
  • DMC3's yamato in itself is a deus machina in my opinion. But that's just me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC3: Stabbed by Base Vergil, Dante goes down, loses consciousness almost immediately, begins to wake up and gets ran through by his own sword. Vergil never DT's during either.

DmC: Vergil gets stabbed by DT'd, Bloodlusted Dante, and we see bits of DT energy on the hilt of the sword, implying Dante is funneling energy through it. Vergil DOES NOT lose consciousness immediately, and manages to teleport away before succumbing.

Base DMC3 Vergil w/o energy funneling=/= DT'd DmC Dante with energy pumping.
Wether he DT or not is unimportant. It's not normal weapons, but demon-hunting swords forged by Sparda. After recovering from wound Dante was fresh, why Vergil was crawling and dying in front of the grave.
Dude, why is that a bad thing? It's only natural that if you have a favorite character, you defend them. You've done it with ODante, and I do it with nDAnte. If you don't like me doing that, then I can't help you. That's something you'll have to get over.

Also there were different exceptions to their wounds.

• old Dante didn't exactly recover from being stabbed. He was next to unconcious from the first stab and was pretty much put down with rebellion. If not for the sword taking in his blood, it would've taken longer for Dante to stand again. Or he could've died. Maybe.
  • nVergil wasn't stabbed by DMC3's yamato. He was stabbed by nDante's rebellion. And before you say "well in DT, Dante's rebellion would hurt demons in excruciating degrees" well nVergil's not a normal demon. He's a nephilim. There's gotta be some effect with that.
  • DMC3's yamato in itself is a deus machina in my opinion. But that's just me.
So we not talking about "calm" discussion, right?
1) ODante recovered shortly after and fully regenerating, while Vergil was on verge of death.
2) Being nephilim changes nothing if he can die in simple car crush, right? Yamato with it's ability to cut dimensions is more menacing than nDante Rebellion which basically only tool for Dante's abilities.
3) that's pretty weak point, since if you can't elaborate, I'd say it's more of "I don't like that weapon, so it can't be powerful"

TerrorA

Wether he DT or not is unimportant. It's not normal weapons, but demon-hunting swords forged by Sparda. After recovering from wound Dante was fresh, why Vergil was crawling and dying in front of the grave.

Really? You really want to say the physical and magical abilities of the wielder have no impact on the damage of the weapon? Even when gameplay shows the weapons gaining more power from DT? Even though certain abilities can only be used in DT? Even though Dante could only defeat Alice by going DT? Even though Dante could only hurt Mundus by going Sparda DT in 1? Even though he had to Trigger to defeat Sid in the anime?

That is a painfully flawed argument, disproven by my above examples

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

So we not talking about "calm" discussion, right?
1) ODante recovered shortly after and fully regenerating, while Vergil was on verge of death.
2) Being nephilim changes nothing if he can die in simple car crush, right? Yamato with it's ability to cut dimensions is more menacing than nDante Rebellion which basically only tool for Dante's abilities.
3) that's pretty weak point, since if you can't elaborate, I'd say it's more of "I don't like that weapon, so it can't be powerful"

I'm not yelling at you or calling you names so yeah, this IS a calm discussion.

• oDante was on the verge of death. But he recovered from his sword and blood fusing-awakening his true power.
  • Technically we don't know if he died in it. All we saw was an explosion. And I thought you said in-game things don't count. If a chainsaw to the chest doesn't count, how does this car crash count either?
  • I said it was an "opinion".

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Really? You really want to say the physical and magical abilities of the wielder have no impact on the damage of the weapon? Even when gameplay shows the weapons gaining more power from DT? Even though certain abilities can only be used in DT? Even though Dante could only kill Alice by going DT? Even though Dante could only hurt Mundus by going Sparda DT in 1?

That is a painfully flawed argument, disproven by my above examples
Yamato isn't normal weapon it's magical weapon that was magical even without DT as proved by DMC4. And btw, when Dante killed Mundus In DMC1 he wasn't in DT ;) So keep facts straight.
I'm not yelling at you or calling you names so yeah, this IS a calm discussion.

• oDante was on the verge of death. But he recovered from his sword and blood fusing-awakening his true power.
  • Technically we don't know if he died in it. All we saw was an explosion. And I thought you said in-game things don't count. If a chainsaw to the chest doesn't count, how does this car crash count either?
  • I said it was an "opinion".
1) tThere wasn't implied he was on verge of death. He was stabbed same way numerously through all games and survived them without much problem. So yeah there is nothing implying otherwise.
2) Because he CAN die. Like in a plot. (though he can teleport, but hey it's to much to demand to many logical connection from the plot)

In the end there is another proof that nDante regeneration is inferiour. Every physical sustained injury, even by his own finger cause nDante scream in pain. Pain is nothing but organism reaction on danger, and considering how many injuries oDante simply ignores it becomes pretty obvious. That's why many regenerating characters can withstand pain much easily, simply because their pain receptors are regenerating faster than pain gets to them.

TerrorA

Yamato isn't normal weapon it's magical weapon that was magical even without DT as proved by DMC4. And btw, when Dante killed Mundus In DMC1 he wasn't in DT ;) So keep facts straight.

He SEALED Mundus in DMC1 by focusing his and Trishs' energies into Ebony and Ivory, AFTER he had injured Mundus in the Sparda devil trigger. Mundus even states that he will return.

If you're going to tell me to keep my facts straight, the least you can do is follow your own advice

DragonMaster2010

1) tThere wasn't implied he was on verge of death. He was stabbed same way numerously through all games and survived them without much problem. So yeah there is nothing implying otherwise.
2) Because he CAN die. Like in a plot. (though he can teleport, but hey it's to much to demand to many logical connection from the plot)

In the end there is another proof that nDante regeneration is inferiour. Every physical sustained injury, even by his own finger cause nDante scream in pain. Pain is nothing but organism reaction on danger, and considering how many injuries oDante simply ignores it becomes pretty obvious. That's why many regenerating characters can withstand pain much easily, simply because their pain receptors are regenerating faster than pain gets to them.

• If he was stabbed the same way numerously, then why would he fall to the ground just by Vergil's yamato then compared to pretty much other times with scythes and junk? What makes the fight with Vergil different?
  • Then that also means nDante CAN survive a chainsaw to the chest since both are in-game affects. And thinking about it, if nDante can survive being slammed into a building and through very hard debris, then by extension so can nVergil.
Actually in DMC4, Dante did feel pain for when he was stabbed in the chest by his own sword by the hard breathing he was doing while hung on the savior statue. And also in DMC3 when Dante punched that boulder with his bare fist against beowolf, he did feel the pain from it, but simply shakes it off like nDante did after punching poison. And nDante HAS ignored pain. Getting shot with multiple bullets while saving Kat and still running without screaming in pain and it not bothering him through out the rest of the mission.
Another thing; both Dantes can't regenerate. Neither can replace a missing arm or leg. They heal quickly.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
He SEALED Mundus in DMC1 by focusing his and Trishs' energies into Ebony and Ivory, AFTER he had injured Mundus in the Sparda devil trigger. Mundus even states that he will return.

If you're going to tell me to keep my facts straight, the least you can do is follow your own advice
He used DT only in his first form. Than he beat him switching on and off. Than he blowed him with Tish's power charge.
And none of this changes the fact that nDante HAS MORE FEATS OF SUPER STRENGTH than DMC3 Dante.

You really can't change that fact.
Actually he doesn't. I already said "big monster" doesn't equals being stronger. From what I've seen Beowulf was as much if not more powerfull than likes of Hunter, Succubus or Mundus' Spawn.
  • If he was stabbed the same way numerously, then why would he fall to the ground just by Vergil's yamato then compared to pretty much other times with scythes and junk? What makes the fight with Vergil different?
  • Then that also means nDante CAN survive a chainsaw to the chest since both are in-game affects. And thinking about it, if nDante can survive being slammed into a building and through very hard debris, then by extension so can nVergil.
Actually in DMC4, Dante did feel pain for when he was stabbed in the chest by his won sword by the hard breathing he was doing while hung on the savior statue. And also in DMC3 when Dante punched that boulder with his bare fist against beowolf, he did feel the pain from it, but simply shakes it off like nDante did after punching poison. And nDante HAS ignored pain. Getting shot with multiple bullets while saving Kat and still running without screaming in pain and it not bothering him through out the rest of the mission.
Another thing; both Dantes can't regenerate. Neither can replace a missing arm or leg. They heal quickly.
1) He was stabbed by 2 demon hunting swords and stabbed to the ground with one of them AND lost his medallion (that held some sort of part of Sparda's power, as we've seen combining 2 of them unlocks their full potentioal)
2) Neither of those gave you game over "because plot figure died". Like in case of Kat or Veril

Breathing =/= being in pain. nDante never hold pain. He screamed even from his self-mutilation. And we never saw him being seriously shot. Sorry, SWATs in DmC are blind and harmless, they couldn't even shot Kat who stand between Dante and them ;) Also if they can regenerate damaged organs we don't know about other body parts. Well ODante can. Like I said we never saw any serious injuries on nDante.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What do you mean, "what's different in Vergil's fight"? It's pretty obvious that Yamato is waaaay more powerful than a lesser demon's scythe, you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom