• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stageplay Sengoku BASARA vs Devil May Cry Details and costumes revealed

Viper

Premium
@Viper
Theater acting is not that different from mocapping. Many mocap actors do the comparison when asked what the mocap experience is like. So I wouldn't say it's impossible. IF it wasn't a damn musical, which I wasn't aware of.

So to the fact that they should have chosen westerners, I should add that it shouldn't have been a musical.
It's intended for Japanese audience, and it probably helps Japanese actors get experience and more exposition (not to mention more money in the bank). Japanese people have different taste than you. Hell, not even just Japanese people, as Bleach musical is loved by many.

*pats him on the back* You'll just have to suck it up and stick to games, anime, and artbooks.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
If Masamune's lines are still 95% shrieking of unadulterated Engrish, then I'm totally watching this. I'm a bigger fan of Sengoku Basara's characters anyway.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Act little less like a spoiled brat, Fox, not everything needs to be for you.

Whoa calm down, miss. Excuse me if after years and years of watching Capcom beat up the franchise to a pulp ever since 2010 (if that's spoiling, then the Sun is a planet), I wanted some justice to be done to it, even in this form.

I'm not happy with how the DMC cast looks like (and I'm not the only one). Who are you to judge me for that?

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Whoa calm down, miss. Excuse me if after years and years of watching Capcom beat up the franchise to a pulp I wanted some justice to be done to it, even in this form.

I'm not happy with how the DMC cast looks like (and I'm not the only one). Who are you to judge me for that?
Are you going to see the play? No.
Are you realizing this play is a simple production made for Japanese audience who like this kind of stuff (or more precisely, for fangirls who drool over it)? Not really.
You're not complaining about the cast while naming better Japanese actors, you want your fanboyish desires to be catered to by them hiring Reuben and Dan for some fighting extravaganza, even though this is not their medium and they are probably a bit too busy and too expensive for the play's budget.

Capcom needs to do justice by making better games. Stage plays are just cute entertainment.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Viper
Course I'm not gonna see it... now.

And actually I did say western actors, not specifically Reuben and Dan. That was indeed a desire of mine that I added to the post, so what? I didn't even know it was a musical till you told me, so then I realized it was impossible to see those two here.

But even taking it as it comes, I agree with those here who complain about their appearance, as they indeed look like cheap cosplayers to me as well. And my dislike comes from this as well.

No matter if it's games, stage play, or whatever, if you gotta do something, do it well. Is that wrong?

Japanese like it? Good for em. However this thread was created to express what we think about it, just making a huge assumption here.

And watch your words, I didn't call you fangirl or anything of the like, so I expect the same treatment in return.

Viper

Premium
@Viper
Course I'm not gonna see it... now.

And actually I did say western actors, not specifically Reuben and Dan. That was indeed a desire of mine that I added to the post, so what? I didn't even know it was a musical till you told me, so then I realized it was impossible to see those two here.

But even taking it as it comes, I agree with those here who complain about their appearance, as they indeed look like cheap cosplayers to me as well. And my dislike comes from this as well.

No matter if it's games, stage play, or whatever, if you gotta do something, do it well. Is that wrong?

Japanese like it? Good for em. However this thread was created to express what we think about it, just making a huge assumption here.

And watch your words, I didn't call you fangirl or anything of the like, so I expect the same treatment in return.
Unless you win the lottery and graduate in record time, you're not seeing it ever, as these plays have a very limited number of performances.
I don't act like a raging fangirl, so calling me one wouldn't be an insult. You however are a total fanboy.
Look at Bleach musical, their actors are not looking that much better, which means it's not that they didn't want to get better looking actors, it's that probably the ones they got to come to audition were like that. After all, we are talking here about an entertaining play for the youth, not some highly appraised serious performance with huge budget cause huge attendance is a given.
They didn't have to do this play, but they wanted to reach out to audience anyway, show they still care. Shame this might-or-might-not-be-audience is more into complaining about glass half empty, than praising glass half full.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Foxtrot94 @Viper
Children, with the back and fourth. This hardly seems worth the grief you're giving each other right now. Be nice.

Also, is been called a fanboy/girl really so bad that it falls under name calling? Never seemed so to me like such an insult but then again I don't know everything and maybe it's taken on a whole new meaning as of late.

Viper

Premium
@Foxtrot94 @Viper
Children, with the back and fourth. This hardly seems worth the grief you're giving each other right now. Be nice.

Also, is been called a fanboy/girl really so bad that it falls under name calling? Never seemed so to me like such an insult but then again I don't know everything and maybe it's taken on a whole new meaning as of late.
I kinda thought fangirl/fanboy was an adjective to describe someone is a bit more passionate about certain thing, which could make them biased. But if he said it's an insult... *shrugs*
I gave up on continuing talking to him, anyway. We are two different worlds.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ignore list. That is all I have to say.

Why is everyone so reluctant to use that feature?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I kinda thought fangirl/fanboy was an adjective to describe someone is a bit more passionate about certain thing, which could make them biased.

It's gotten a more negative connotation as it's been spread in the internet.

Ignore list. That is all I have to say.

Why is everyone so reluctant to use that feature?

Can't speak for others, but I don't use it cause it might allow the ignored people to talk bad about me without me even knowing, cause I don't get alerts.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think it's fine. This isn't intended to be some true-to-form, 1:1 enactment of anything, and it isn't for a Western audience, so asking for some Caucasians to play the DMC parts is really silly.

Then, that guy isn't Nelo Angelo, he's "Black Knight" which is probably just a new character inspired by Nelo Angelo. Japan does that stuff all the time.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i do find the BlackKnight/Nelo Angelo costume interesting
it's like trying to capture the same look but without the armor

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
There has been alot of live plays in japan recently...with Naruto, and I think tokyo ghoul. This is a really popular thing in japan...I wouldn't mind seeing it....Yea people have their opinion...reason why they aren't bringing it state wise...I mean have you guys seen it? no...then why bash on it....pathetic really

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
There has been alot of live plays in japan recently...with Naruto, and I think tokyo ghoul. This is a really popular thing in japan...I wouldn't mind seeing it....Yea people have their opinion...reason why they aren't bringing it state wise...I mean have you guys seen it? no...then why bash on it....pathetic really

Don't call people pathetic just because they don't like something.

Top Bottom