• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Stageplay Sengoku BASARA vs Devil May Cry Details and costumes revealed

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Stageplay Sengoku BASARA vs Devil May Cry
ORIGINAL Production: Capcom Co. Ltd.

Screenplay and Director: Ujigawa Masanari

Assistant Director: Sugeta Keiko

On stage director: Fukami Nobuo

Venue and Date:

• AiiA 2.5 Theater Tokyo: 20th August 2015 - 30th August 2015
Casts:

• Yamaguchi Daichi as Date Masamune
  • Suzuki Hiroki as Dante
  • Minamiha Shohei as Vergil
  • Matsumura Ryuunosuke as Sanada Yukimura
  • Isaka Tatsuya as Maeda Keiji
  • Sakurada Kosei as Azai Nagamasa
  • Kotani Yoshikazu as Mori Motonari
  • Shiba Konona as Lady
  • Shina Toruri as Trish
  • Taniguchi Masashi as Akechi Mitsuhide
  • Yoshida Tomokazu as Kuro Kishi (Black Knight)
(The show is performed in Japanese. English subtitles are applied with rental “Zimaku Air,” a put-on-type subtitles system that displays adjustable letters through eyeglasses.
A rental fee of 1,000JPY needs to be paid at the theatre counter for renting the gadget.)
tumblr_nsxjvwItCX1qf596ho3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsxjvwItCX1qf596ho4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsxjvwItCX1qf596ho5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsxjvwItCX1qf596ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nsxjvwItCX1qf596ho6_1280.jpg

I uh... dont know how i feel about Nelo Angelo with brown hair.
tumblr_nsyd3x7i201rxsg0io4_1280.png
tumblr_nsyd3x7i201rxsg0io3_1280.png
tumblr_nsyd3x7i201rxsg0io2_1280.png
tumblr_nsyd3x7i201rxsg0io5_1280.png
tumblr_nsyd3x7i201rxsg0io1_1280.png

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
WHAT THE HEEELLLLL!!!!!!!!
I, Um... the, but- wellll.

This is just the weirdest thing I have EVER seen. It's a thing and I remember when it was announced but even now it's just so...
just-a-frog-on-a-squi-wait-what.jpg

Anyway. Skipped.

Last edited:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Not trying to sound racist or anything, but japanese people look completely weird playing Devil May Cry characters.

The Sengoku Basara potrayel however is much better.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
It's going to be hard as balls for that one actor playing Masamune to walk about the stage with six swords attached to his waist. Then again, the actor playing Keiji has that building-sized sword to drag around...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
89e1.gif

No. No no no no.

Where do I begin?

Now I can understand the SB cast being the way they are (Sengoku Basara is filled with handsome men)

but...But DMC?? God, it looks like seriously cheap cosplay. The guys who play Dante and Vergil look absolutely wired and young, and...NO MAN, NOOO!

Look at these cosplayers
rebellion_essence___dante_dmc3_cosplay_by_leon_c__by_leonchirocosplayart-d5xy2qs.jpg

suit_up_by_madnefeline.jpg

vergil_bound_to_yamato_by_kal_art-d6bp12v.jpg

4bca15996a732e80df604319ec5bfdfe.jpg

THEY are more convincing then...that. I know the excuse being that maybe there aren't many muscular men to fit Dante's look, but I think they could've done better then THAT.
And whose the purple guy in the back? Is he a hint towards a play only character, this play's version of Sparda, or is he a new character that ties into a DMC5? Either way, he looks just as bad as the others do.

I'm not even looking at Sengoku Basara's cast because I don't really care for SB that much since the anime ended. That Devil May Cry cast is absolutely bad. I don't blame the actors per say, but I just don't feel this AT ALL.

And in case it wasn't clear;
da7a1970.jpg

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
Not trying to sound racist or anything, but japanese people look completely weird playing Devil May Cry characters.

The Sengoku Basara potrayel however is much better.
My thoughts exactly. The Sengoku Basara characters look a thousand times better than the DMC cast. Nothing against the actors playing them, but the characters themselves clearly not meant to be japanese. especially someone like Trish.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
well this looks like more of a fan project instead of an official Capcom product
i wouldn't be surprised if it was a fan project and they some how convinced Capcom to endorse it buy giving them most of the profit

its probably not going to be that bad
but if anything it shows Capcom is still wants to do things with DMC and it might be good for getting more people into the series

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't care much about the SB cast that is whatever so I'll just focus on the DMC cast.

1. Seriously I know its probably hard to find an actor in Japan that is ripped and muscular (since most guys in Japan especially actors are more into the girly or soft look or is more focus on tone and slenderness than muscle mass like US actors) but they couldn't get the outfit padded to emulate some form of muscles padded (same goes for Vergil). I guess that is why Ieyasu won't appear in this play then.

2. Is it me but doesn't Vergil's actor looks really young even by Asian standards. Homeboy looks like he just got out of middle school. Either that or he looks really sick.

3. Oh so they can pad the girl's bra or outfits to make their tits look bigger (for I looked up those actresses for Trish and Lady and they're not as big in this poster as they're in real life) but can't do the same for Dante and Vergil's muscle tone. Pssshhh whatever. As a straight male I prefer to look at men's muscles over females bosoms and am offended they didn't take MY feelings into consideration.

4. So no Nero then. He was the only character in the series that might've worked with Japan's roster of skinny Asian dudes.

5. Who the smurf jizz is the Black Knight!?

6. Well the costumes and props are pretty on point.....except for Trish's guns those look terrible. Like the 2 toilet paper rolls stuck together with black tape.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
They definitely should have chosen western actors for DMC.

DMC's characters look western in their facial features, just hire western actors and dress them.

And you KNOW which actors. One of the awesome things about DMC starting from 3 is that the characters are mocapped. And by stuntmen and people who know their stuff like Reuben and Dan. Who, *gasp*, also happen to be actors.

I would have given up my Plasma Caster to see the cast from the games on stage. THAT would have been something.

Just imagine Dan-gerous Southworth as Vergil fighting on stage for example. To have a glimpse of what it would look like without delving in his more costly works, watch Kenshi vs Ermac in MK Legacy. Easily the best fight in the show.

What a wonderful opportunity wasted.

DragonMaster2010

DMC's characters look western in their facial features, just hire western actors and dress them.

And you KNOW which actors. One of the awesome things about DMC starting from 3 is that the characters are mocapped. And by stuntmen and people who know their stuff like Reuben and Dan. Who, *gasp*, also happen to be actors.

I would have given up my Plasma Caster to see the cast from the games on stage. THAT would have been something.

Just imagine Dan-gerous Southworth as Vergil fighting on stage for example. To have a glimpse of what it would look like without delving in his more costly works, watch Kenshi vs Ermac in MK Legacy. Easily the best fight in the show.

Oh yeah, Reuben KNOWS Japanese. He actually could've done the role along with Dan...unless they were busy with another project *nudge nudge, wink wink*

Viper

Premium

Dude, that's an impossible dream.
There is a difference between acting in a tv show and on stage. You have to constantly take audience into consideration, the whole script has to be known from first to last line and there are no second takes.
And then there is fact that this is most likely a musical, and those are mostly about singing.

Example to give you idea what to expect:

Why does Nelo Angelo look like a woman advertising hair products?

DragonMaster2010

The Trish and Lady actresses will have to really prove to me they could be Lady and Trish, because they sound WAAAY too soft spoken and the Lady actress is really wide eyed moe moe for me to see her as badass rocket launcher Lady.

Vergil's actor looks far too young and doesn't convince me that he'd murder a number of demons in a second.

The purple guy sounds more like a Dante then the actual actor.

And Dante...yeeeah no.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Viper
Theater acting is not that different from mocapping. Many mocap actors do the comparison when asked what the mocap experience is like. So I wouldn't say it's impossible. IF it wasn't a damn musical, which I wasn't aware of.

So to the fact that they should have chosen westerners, I should add that it shouldn't have been a musical.

Top Bottom