• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah it looks awesome. Just, I don't dig Tony's presence. I wouldn't want him showing up every time Peter needs a new pair of pants from now on.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I'm officially hyped. Tony-Peter dynamic is something I can dig, Peter is actually a nerdy high school kid, the suit looks amazing and Vulture looks much more dope than he does in the comics. Hopefully he will be more than "guy in vulture suit show robs banks".

First I should find some way to watch Civil War though, so I have a bit of context here.

Skagewid

Moment moment moment moment ....... is there Michael Keaton ? OK.....
Como-volver-locas-a-las-personas.png

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Looks okay. I liked everything in it except;
  • Tony's presence. I HATE Tony in the MCU right now. He literally created a robot that was gonna annihilate all of humanity and still gets to be part of the team with no one punishing him for what he did, then there's the unnecessary Civil argument, and now he has to ruin Homecoming by being in it.
  • CGI looks bad. Like not extremely bad but the new Transformers trailer has better CGI then this. I guess we'll wait and see how it looks in the final product.
  • It feels too childish. It feels like a Disney channel movie on what adults think high school is like with the memes and the "she's the most popular girl in school while I'm just a geeky nerd" aesthetic (Which I know is how Spiderman is but at least with the Toby!Spiderman, it wasn't as annoying)
Other then that, Vulture looks SICK, and the gliding looks stellar (a little Batman-esque but for all I know, he's always had the gliding)

Count me curious.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Moment moment moment moment ....... is there Michael Keaton ? OK.....
Como-volver-locas-a-las-personas.png

You rang?

Anyway. It looks 'good'. Not great, but 'good'. Some moments I liked, others I didn't quite enjoy.

Still give it a watch.

DragonMaster2010

Veeeeeeeeery arguable.

Okay, let me rephrase that; at least Toby!Spiderman's high school days weren't as...fake? Like with Toby!Spidey, his high school life was more or less like any usual one, minus the powers. Here, based on the trailer, it feels like what adults think high school is like now. (which is probably is like I dunno)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Okay, okay... I know that the old Spidey flicks already called first dibs on the best baddies, but...

The Vulture?

... I know he was a bit of a nuisance in the '90s Spidey cartoons, but... c'mon. I guess he'll make for a decent warm-up villain for the new trilogy, but, really, this universe's Spidey fought tougher opponents in the airport scene of Civil War.

I don't know. I still want to see it... but Spidey is going to walk all up and down his backside, no sweat. Calling it right here.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Steve Powell: Maybe they were going with The Vulture because he was the second villain that Spider-Man faced in the comics? Y'know, keeping it to its roots. Either that, or they just wanted a random change since most of the good ones have been thrown into the mix already.

I still somewhat agree that he was facing greater 'enemies' at the airport scene. BUT, you do have to take into consideration that a lot of them weren't trying to actually kill each other off (hence why they act so dramatic when Warmachine falls to the ground) I never really saw the fight as serious, as if they were going ALL out. There would've been more casualties, and the human characters (Hawkeye and Romanoff) would of potentially died from a situation like that. So given that, and given the fact that The Vulture WILL be out to get Spider-Man - he will fight like he wants Spider-Man dead, and the fight will be a very serious one.

DragonMaster2010

@DragonMaster2010 so how did you feel about how highschool was portrayed in the Garfield/webb movies?
More or less the same as I felt for the Toby!Spiderman movies. I think it has to do with the age of the actors. With Toby and Andrew, I saw a Peter that was graduating and was a bit more mature. With Tom, he looks 13 to me.

the fight will be a very serious one.
Or as serious as an MCU movie can get.

Top Bottom