• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Special edition 2nd trailer.Here we go!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante's DmC palette is frigging lame.

Imo it was to be expected, seeing that DmC got DMC costumes.

I actually don't mind DmC Dante's coat colors (I'm glad they opted for a simple color palette instead of porting DmC's coat model, cause I really don't like it), my problem is his hair.

scionicspectre

Here we go again with the black hair B.S. Come on guys, we've got so much to talk about aside from this. For the record, I think black hair's going to look a lot better on this Dante, and I can't see any other alternate hair color looking as good.

I wonder if the new costumes also have their own palette swaps.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Well the engine is the same. Should work like vanilla.
I'm hoping for that ^^
I'd have colored his hair grey instead of black. Like Dante at the end of DmC. Or kept it white.
if it is the same, it'll be a piece of cake to change that XD

I'll probably play Nero with his prototype look only, since it's the design that struck out to me the most within the artbook

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Imo it was to be expected, seeing that DmC got DMC costumes.

I actually don't mind DmC Dante's coat colors (I'm glad they opted for a simple color palette instead of porting DmC's coat model, cause I really don't like it), my problem is his hair.
I know but original DMC costumes looked meh in DmC and DmC palette it looks meh here. Besides now he is to Nero lookalike in terms of colour

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Here comes another black hair rant *sigh*

Who's ranting? I've been pretty calm and civil. It's not even a deal breaker for me at all.

Just for clarification, it's not that I don't like black hair because "uuuuuh Dante is such an iconic character you can't change his hair blah blah blah" like the early DmC times, I simply don't like it because I find it ugly on him.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I feel like the result would be the same.

But anyway cool that they finally made a trailer to make this game actually look cool. The last one was pretty lame and the gameplay trailers only wetted my appetite.

EDIT: DM2010 (trying to lure him back here) also said it looks good. Only costumes he liked were the DmC palate, Nero's costume, and Sparda.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
I think they decided to make Sparda as Corrupted Vergil's DT is because Vergil is no longer under the control of Mundus and Mundus had been sealed away by Dante but still keeping his Corrupted Vergil appearance. Perhaps CAPCOM actually thought that way so I don't know. But I'm still slightly disappointed because of 'Nelo Angelo-free'. :(

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think they decided to make Sparda as Corrupted Vergil's DT is because Vergil is no longer under the control of Mundus and Mundus had been sealed away by Dante but still keeping his Corrupted Vergil appearance. Perhaps CAPCOM actually thought that way so I don't know. But I'm still slightly disappointed because of 'Nelo Angelo-free'. :(
Actually it's before DMC1…I think...

Top Bottom