• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

speak your language here

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i think this works more for the ones not natively english..

say anything, whatever you want, whatever you could come up with.. you could also post the translation, but you don't need to mention what region you're from

why would we do this you say? cuz there's no goddamn devil may cry news that's why.. damn you capcom!

i'll start

topi saya bundar,
bundar topi saya,
kalau tidak bundar,
bukan topi saya

translation:
my hat is round,
round is my hat,
if it's not round,
it's not my hat

it's a kids song btw

Keaton

Premium
Not to be a stickler 'All posts must be made in English or include an English translation.'.
It's in Da Rules folks, sorry, it's difficult to moderate and be sure that no-one is spreading bad vibes if cannot read the post. Much love to all you multilingual geniuses out there, but sadly, slowpokes like me need the synopsis aswell as the long hand :)

Please besure to include translations accordingly - i'll be checking for accuracy whenever I see my name amungst the text i.e. "Keaton begitu besar!" *Really hopes Google Translate doesn't let him down*

Viper

Premium
Kažu da um kojem je dosadno je opasan, a ovdje se ljudi dosjete samo malih igrica. Ali kažu još i da kad si u Rimu da radiš kao Rimljani, pa evo me. :)

(They say bored mind is dangerous, but here people only think of small games. But they also say when in Rome do as the Romans, so here I am.)

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Привет! Это мой родной язык!
Transl.: Hi! Thats my native language!
holy what is that? either the real fonts not showing up or that is russian.. and not only that it's you're native language, it's also your native alphabet, i can't even read it.. c'mon now inns, be gentle with us and write the readable/pronounciable alphabet --don't know the exact word for it..

berto

I Saw the Devil
El Mexicano puede doblarse, humillarse, "agacharse" pero no "rajarse", esto es, permitir que el mundo exterior penetre en su intimidad.

The Mexican can bend (as in kneel), humiliate himself, 'duck' but not 'quit' (as in p**** out), that would be allowing the outside world to pierce in to his privacy.
-Octavio Paz

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Hi :)

What? This is my language...

Okay, I'll leave.
Everyone knows which language we really speak... :sneaky:

QcLVtNZ.gif

Parselpun. :D

And now it's my turn to leave. :facepalm:

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Ma langue maternelle est l'anglais , mais dans Canada , notre langue
secondaire est le français. Bien que personnellement, je parle très mauvais français . Enfer , la partie du Canada où je viens, la plupart des gens ont un accent irlandais . En - fait, je suis littéralement en train d'écrire ce texte en anglais et en laissant google écrire la version française pour moi

Translation "My native language is English, but in Canada, our secondary language is French. Though personally I speak very broken French. Hell, the part of Canada I'm from, most people have an Irish accent. In-fact, I'm literally just writing this text in English and letting google write the French version for me"

Actually you know what, here's some Newfieisims (I do not even know if that's spelled right...Is it even a real word? o_O)

When you hear someone from Newfoundland say "Eh, b'y" it's a way of saying "I agree", can also be used sarcastically.

"Yes b'y" very similar, but is also used to express awe or disbelief.

"G'wan b'y" or "Go on boy" Is basically also used for disbelief and also sarcasm like our way of saying "No, really?"

"Mudder n' fadder" Mother and father

"Oh me nerves" is what we say when we're annoyed

We also have a few terms that refer to a female friend or relative "My Ducky" is the most common

That's just a few examples....And incase I got a few people going "Does AgentRedgrave really talk like that?" Not really, I don't have much of an accent, it's really been fading the last few years, especially my generation.
Seriously guys, I've put links to videos I have on youtube on this site, anybody who's seen them knows I don't talk like that.

Top Bottom