• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sparda vs Alastor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Hmm, these weapons seem to be very popular on this forum, so just completely out of the blue I said to myself,

"HOLY SHIZZIT, why don't I make a thread to see which people likes which sword better than the other".

And so here it is! I say Alastor because you can do so many devil trigger moves with it, and I like the look of it aswell :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Alastor, its design is wicked, also I liked how it gave off lighting as a response to enemies approaching during the fmvs^_^
When DMC2 came, I was disappointed that Dante didn't have it, I thought of it as his trademark.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Yeah I was pretty disappointed aswell when I found that out. But another thing I like about Alastor is that it wraps itself with electricity whenever you attack with it. Just a nice little feature.

But I do like Sparda aswell. It is powerful and has alot of really nice animations with it, aswell as the great design. I just don't find much use for it for it does not have DT and you cannot do DT moves. They should've at least gave it some extra sword moves with it that you can unleash or master.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well the only place in which I really like Sparda sword (besides when Sparda has it:p ) is when you get a really close look to it when you change weapons. It really is powerful, and probably didn't have DT in order to makes look like "wtf?" in the fight with Mundus and didn't have moves since it was near the end of the game. The only thing that ticked me off besides the DT who I mainly use for recover, so its useless in that aspect in DMD, is that you could not perform Air Hike:unsure:

Alastor ftw:p

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Tony_Redgrave;19119 said:
Alastor, its design is wicked, also I liked how it gave off lighting as a response to enemies approaching during the fmvs^_^
When DMC2 came, I was disappointed that Dante didn't have it, I thought of it as his trademark.

Tony Redgrave,
I totally argee with you here. Alastor, seems to be Dante's trademark sword to me as well.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
The only thing I have against Alastor is the fact that its DT moves are not as powerful as that of Ifrit. The DT moves are more or less for quick two second finishing blows, or if you are surrounded by alot of enemies.

Tyles

I'll go with Sparda.

Alastor is weaker in comparison and is more easier to handle. Sparda is a lot stronger but is more challenging to control. Air Hikes and Devil Triggers are out. I like to use Sparda for its extra challenge. Devil Trigger can makes things too easy.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I like Tyles' view on the Sparda. Good point, Tyles. Very well made.

However I do prefer the look of the Alastor - it just plain oozes sexiness! ;)

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
I agree with Tyles, Sparda without DT is a real good challenge, but I never noticed it being harder to handle. I just saw it as just another sword lol ;)

Steven

That-Damn-Good
Well, my favourite would be the Sparda sword. Basically because of some of the same reasons as Tyles pointed out, and well, you know, I basically love it because it is just the "Sparda." I.e. A weapon that Dante should have in his posession.

I like it because it should be Dantes or maybe Vergil's and I really didn't like using the Additional weapons to Dante's aresenal, I prefer the two main in each game. Ebony and Ivory (but the sword can vary, so long as it is the one you start with).

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Steven;19238 said:
I really didn't like using the Additional weapons to Dante's aresenal, I prefer the two main in each game. Ebony and Ivory (but the sword can vary, so long as it is the one you start with).
Hehe, funny, I am completely the opposite. I use loads of different types of sword for different situations. I never play the entire game with the same sword I started with. Take DMC1 for instance. I use Alastor for quick and easy kills. I use Ifrit when it comes down to real business and I really need to deliver a beating, and I use Sparda when I am surrounded by enemies :p

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I love Sparda because for a change my sword goes longer not like that evil boss in number two who has the wolves I get slaughtered when he extends his sword.

KoRnDawwg

-is writing an album
Who, Bolvark (or Bolowark, something like that anyway)? Yeah, he is a real pain in the *** on DMD mode, especially with his bloody wolves Freki and Gerri.

Rend

Necromancer
I just love Alastor, it may be weaker than Sparda, but it just looks plain awesome(doesn't Dante also have it in SMT:Nocturne?)

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
sparda, because of the end sequence in the game when i fight mundus, i just slaughter him with it,that's how mad i can get sometimes though....

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
KoRn_Dowwg666;19114 said:
Hmm, these weapons seem to be very popular on this forum, so just completely out of the blue I said to myself,

"HOLY SHIZZIT, why don't I make a thread to see which people likes which sword better than the other".

And so here it is! I say Alastor because you can do so many devil trigger moves with it, and I like the look of it aswell :)

I prefer more Sparda................coz Sparda has more power than Alastor........and in the End, The Sword shows the true Identity............when Dante is using it

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry
Trish67;19666 said:
d4rkn1ght, i agree with you here, lol.

well............thanks Trish67. But its true, like.........Alastor has Power of Thunder but it cant do shoot.......like those fireballs when u are fighting against Mundus........and the other thing is that Alastor doesnt had the Special Power that Sparda has.........that is The call of Dragon Sparda..............and its too awsome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom