• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Something new this way comes

Is this gonna be DmC2

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Why are you doing this now Masri? Its far too premature?

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I like trains

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I doubt a DmC2. DmC did so poorly that to do a sequel seems odd. But I wouldn't be too surprised if it was a DmC2. Capcom have been able to make another game for fan hated games. (DMC2 to DMC3)
Bayonetta sold under what was expected, but it's getting another game. Maybe DmC will be the same.
I think NT will show a HS2, Enslaved 2, or a new IP.
I'd be happy with an of those.
However I kind of hope NT stays with Capcom. Capcom actually needs competent writers for DMC and though NT aren't the best, at least they can tell a coherent story.
I'd like it if they could continue to work together, but after Capcom blamed outside sourcing for their failings, who knows what will happen.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Strider? Whats that?
Marvel_VS_Capcom_2__Strider_by_UdonCrew.jpg

You may recognize him from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 if you never played the original games.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh. He's getting a reboot? in that case...
tumblr_m9192qcMqQ1r47wsdo1_400.gif

We're not so sure. I heard there were doing it but they scrapped it but I heard from Screw Attack they might just make a Strider 3 instead.

A reboot can work cause unlike DMC, Strider doesn't have much fans for it to even matter but as long as the main gameplay is the same or similar (unless they're bringing it to 3D then good luck) and it feels similar to Strider in terms of aesthetics and it isn't too much of a drastic change *cough*DmC*cough*. It will be fine....plus Strider Hiryu's looks, unlike Dante, plays no role in defining his character to the character and some of the designs I saw for Hiryu for the reboot, actually looks pretty good (its not like fans...if there is much...will b*tch about his hair now being black instead of brown).

Strider-Reboot-Image-1-e1329881254387.jpg

Oh wait I take that back....the same people who were made this travesty
Bionic_Commando.jpg
(GRIN) was working on the Strider reboot oh if that was the case smart move canceling it Capcom...otherwise.....well it would've been sh*t.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.

IncarnatedDemon

In an interview with Edge in the most recent issue, Antoniades admitted that Ninja Theory was planning on working on a sequel based on the success of Enslaved and expanding their studio to support another team. In fact, that’s the place they wanted to be in right now. Sadly, the low(ish) sales made it so that wasn’t an option. "Right now we should have been doing a sequel and perfecting that sequel and doing what franchises do, which is get better over time,” he said. "[But] because that didn't happen we've not expanded to two teams like we intended to.”

Fight back = small fry game compared to HS/EnS/DmC

So there may still be a chance for a Ens 2 or HS 2 announcement.

Top Bottom