• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Something new this way comes

Is this gonna be DmC2

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Why are you doing this now Masri? Its far too premature?

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I like trains

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory
so yh....DmC2 maybe :D

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Its never really too early to announce a game. Ubisoft announced and even began development on Assassins Creed II even before the first was released. Usually that just means a company is excited for its next installment...or their getting ready to cover their asses when the media strikes

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Its never really too early to announce a game.

It is when I game received so much backlash and failed to reach projected sales.

I liked the game, would not mind another DmC2 since I'm sure it will resemble something I'm more akin to with the next installment, but I'm just looking at it from a business stanpoint at the moment.

Capcom seems to be as well considering their recent remarks and doubt about Western Developers handling their game and it supposedly causing a decrease in quality.

Although they did not point out NT specifically they also did not exclude them from that general statement either.

I just think Capcom is going to be more careful this time around and you can not be all that careful by announcing a sequel game a few months after the release of the game your making a sequel to.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I don't know, really... It seems quite premature, especially, as others have said, considering the problem of sales... I think it's more probable that Capcom is still keeping the markets under close watch and waiting to decide...

...and I HATE trains. Ugh. Please don't mention them ever again. :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
New IP or a sequel to Heavenly Sword or Enslaved. I gotta say, I'm now interested in what NT is capable of.

Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were games that had some good things going for them but, the gameplay really held those games down. DmC seemed to show that they can amp up that gameplay aspect. I hope it's at least a new IP.

Not gonna be DmC 2 though. I don't see this series making any moves any time soon.

Dante47

I like trains.

im-a-train-choo-choo.jpg

Dante47

Heavenly Sword 2's announcement would be incredible.
I loved the first game, and with Ninja Theory's experience in making action adventure titles as of late, it is sure to be a treat.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
no. far too early. and even if DmC was loved by the fans it would be too early to say anything. give it a few more months. hell. even a year. look at arkham origins. nothing for a good year and a half and then boom 2013, new game later this year. NT might do the same thing

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Heavenly Sword 2's announcement would be incredible.
I loved the first game, and with Ninja Theory's experience in making action adventure titles as of late, it is sure to be a treat.
I really would like to see more Heavenly sword. Now that they know how to improve combat after working so closely with Capcom on DmC, I'm hoping they can apply these knew skills and knowledge if they're making a new Heavenly sword.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I really would like to see more Heavenly sword. Now that they know how to improve combat after working so closely with Capcom on DmC, I'm hoping they can apply these knew skills and knowledge if they're making a new Heavenly sword.

I'm actually interested to see that myself, it doesn't have to be Heavenly Sword but i want to see what they plan on doing with what they learnt making DmC. It should be fascinating at the very least.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
something cool for ps4 DmC2 on ps4 would be cool, swipe to devil trigger simpler than clicking in or using down dpad instead of adding more weapons to that. but as most say most likely not DmC2 but i always have my hopes

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
something cool for ps4 DmC2 on ps4 would be cool, swipe to devil trigger simpler than clicking in or using down dpad instead of adding more weapons to that. but as most say most likely not DmC2 but i always have my hopes
Only problem is that how long would it take for DmC2 to be made for PS4? It uses a different engine, so that must take time to learn and then program for. I don't want to wait years like the gap between DMC4 and DmC. If it takes too long, DMC and DmC will be out of the public eye for too long again.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I doubt a DmC2. DmC did so poorly that to do a sequel seems odd. But I wouldn't be too surprised if it was a DmC2. Capcom have been able to make another game for fan hated games. (DMC2 to DMC3)

I think NT will show a HS2, Enslaved 2, or a new IP.

However I kind of hope NT stays with Capcom. Capcom actually needs competent writers for DMC and though NT aren't the best, at least they can tell a coherent story.

Top Bottom