• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so what's with your profile name?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I wish I could remember exactly what went through my head when I came up with Rebel Dynasty; I've been using it for over a decade, now.

Basically what I remember is this: "Rebelgirl" was too common of an online name back then (and still is), and I vaguely recall having this idea of being the next generation "rebel" in my family (that is to say, one of the very few people in my family who didn't just settle for what someone else planned out for them--and trust me, there's a lot of that going on).

Why or how I decided to tack on "Dynasty", however, I honestly don't remember. It was probably a very vague idea to begin with, passage of time be damned. ^^;

lol, the rebelious act is well planned i see.. and this is new for me to forget specifically why we chose a name to represent ourselves, well some could do it randomly, but rebel dinasty --specifically dinasty-- isn't something random for a name..

anyway, not so many people uses dynasty as a name --is there even any?, i think it's a very cool choice, you pair a common name with a very rare one..

Mine was inspired by a character I'm a fan of - Black Arts Viper, but I took it mostly cause I like the sound of it.

yep, exactly like me.. i love the sound of absolitude and both absolute and solitude, in a way it really represent my personality --in real life that is..

@Viper and @Foxtrot94 hey, was that...................

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Erian was a character I had made up for a story of mine called World Breakers.
The 1Mortal was made because I wanted something "cool" looking and leetspeak was cool looking to my younger self.
Immortals were part of another story calle Immortals Journey (which changed to Defiance later). The character Niko Elhara out of that story is my current profile pic. Although a change to the new design of his is long overdue to be honest....

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Over 9000.
It's over 9000

darn i lmao-ed

perfect-cell_o_667786.jpg

Erian was a character I had made up for a story of mine called World Breakers.
The 1Mortal was made because I wanted something "cool" looking and leetspeak was cool looking to my younger self.
Immortals were part of another story calle Immortals Journey (which changed to Defiance later). The character Niko Elhara out of that story is my current profile pic. Although a change to the new design of his is long overdue to be honest....

so both erian and 1mortal are from your own work? you narcissist, lol.. nah, that's actually proud of own's work, artists should do that, or so i've told by my rather sucessful artist friends..

yeah, we'd still do that when we're older, we want something cool looking and sounding for our preferences.. hmm.. somebody should make a thread on "what's your idea of cool"

berto

I Saw the Devil
My full name is Humberto (the H is silent).

Most people in my high school and jobs couldn't pronounce it and kept saying 'Roberto?' I'd say 'no, Humberto' and they'd go 'Alberto?' After a bit of time most of my white and black friends in highschool just called be 'berto' and when they introduce me they'd add 'we call him berto' to save them the embarrassment that they couldn't pronounce my name, been so simple but them always defaulting to Roberto, it made them sound a bit ignorant, which in California isn't as cosher since the Latino population isn't small, nor is our influence on the culture.

Anyway, I never cared for having a videogame/movie/music/literary related name so I went with my nickname. Oddly enough, it turned out to be a rather common user name and when I get it it's actually rather lucky. Once when I tried to register to a forum under that name it said it was unavailable and suggested 'berto_119'. And here I thought it was rather original.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The origins of my name have been shrouded in untold coils of mystery for some time, but I believe I have achieved enough wisdom and self-realization to reveal it to all of you. This may be the only time I reveal this, so don't waste this magic moment, fellow forumers.

My name is closely linked to my avatar image, both of which are signifies of my undying devotion to one Nintendo character, and the franchise he's from. It has been my sole reason to be a hardcore gamer for many years, and dictates my every action as a devoted fanboy, contributing to years of borderline-unhealthy fanaticism...

And that Nintendo character is the unrivaled badass known as...
Kirby.

Top Bottom