• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So I worked on DmC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Bah, Mundus was easy.
Try getting an SB (Special Bonus) Rank on Mundus in DMD. That in itself is a supremely monumental task.

Another player by the name of Joch1 needed a special "rapid-fire" controller to get past the first part of this particular boss battle.

[The part where you have to fire a lot of glyphs at Mundus in order to get past his shield.]

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Try getting an SB (Special Bonus) Rank on Mundus in DMD. That in itself is a supremely monumental task.

Another player by the name of Joch1 needed a special "rapid-fire" controller to get past the first part of this particular boss battle.

[The part where you have to fire a lot of glyphs at Mundus in order to get past his shield.]
All those rapid energy spheres... The hardest part of that fight for me was always the outer space section.

berto

I Saw the Devil

I actually feel my wrist hurting just looking at it.

Anyway, what are the requirements to getting the SB rank on Mundus?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Anyway, what are the requirements to getting the SB rank on Mundus?
Don't **** up.
Man, I'm still so interested to hear what he or anyone from the dev team at Ninja Theory think of Stairway to Heaven, but it's interesting how many ideas lined up :p
look, D0NN1E told me not to tell you, man --

-- he thought it was trash. Sorry, bro.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Can you be a tad bit more specific?
Look, just don't get hurt and beat the boss as quickly as you can. There aren't any red orbs, so don't worry about that. You'll be too busy dodging all the little red spears that Mundus shoots at you. As for the big light beam, don't bother dodging to the side or up or down, just use vortex.

Also: master the vortex skill against said light beams and asteroids. You'll be glad you did.

Learn to swing your sword against Mundus' revolving light sparks at the second part of the boss battle; you cannot dodge them, so a perfectly-timed three swing combo will do the job.

I can't remember what else you need to do, but those are probably three of the more important points that you need to remember. Anything else, and you'll probably need to watch the vid for it.

Also, if you ever really get that desperate, see if you can get one of those "rapid-fire" controllers. Because you just might need it in the end after all. Who knows?

Last edited:

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Assuming that Donnie is still hanging around, I really want to throw a few questions. My absence didn't give me a chance to do so when he was more active.

1. At the end of DmC, we see a bunch of choppers in the background. Does that mean the humans have gained awareness and sent their forces to cleanse the demons?

2. What kind of hell is the one Vergil finds himself in VD? It's obviously a real hell, since you did say Eva was imprisoned in it, but if so, why aren't there any other prisoners in it?

3. Do you approve of Vergil shooting a pregnant demon? There was a lot of backlash regarding Vergil shooting a pregnant Lilith in cold-blood, but if you ask me I'd say they were just grasping the straws at this point. Lilith is a demon and her baby was a gritty equivalent of The Great Mighty Poo (without the singing talent). I don't think anyone would miss them. Although, to his defense, DMC Vergil also killed a blind demon once, so..

I still want to hear your opinion.

Finally, what was the early concept of this game about? I'm talking this:

To me it seems like the idea of two dimensions which affect each other didn't exist at this point, and that the only world would be Limbo; a world run by demons. Did Vergil even exist at this point? If he did, was he as weary and skinny as Dante?

I'd really appreciate it if you answered. Also, I love what you've done with VD. It was truly a haunting tale of a man losing his soul. Kudos, pal! Kudos.

Railazel

They are interconnected, parallel dimensions that depend on each other and cannot exist separately. That connection is the reason why there's a balance in the Universe. Unfortunately, in my opinion, that is never explained in the game. That balance is thrown off in DmC when the demons decide to take over that dimension. Why haven't the angels intervened, given that this would affect their dimension as well, it is not explained.

Yes, every time Limbo changes to attack Dante there's an effect in the real world.

Limbo was always seen as a living organism, not just buildings and streets. I think part of the reason to give it a voice was so it had a bit more character to it.

Yes, there was the discussion of making platforming less linear, but it was largely ignored. That section in particular was extensively simplified and redone fairly late in the project because testers were constantly getting lost. I could get into details about that particular layout, but there is a bigger discussion to be had in terms of designers overreacting to testers not finding the correct path within seconds of entering an area. Many modern games are devoid of a real sense of exploration and discovery, in my opinion. :D

This was really informative. Well, for one, they did a somewhat good job of presenting the relationship between worlds, they just did it in a rather sporadic way so that it's hard to connect the dots.

For this explanation, I shall use the Legend of Korra, spoilers ahead:
In the Avatar lore, the spirit and human world were once one and the same, tied by two portals located at the north and south poles. Then the first avatar, Wan, closed the portals, separating the two worlds.

I imagine that Limbo and the human world had a similar relationship until they were separated by the demons via the hell gate so the developers left a pretty huge clue on that one. However, I would not have figured out that the universe depended on that union being disrupted but, then again, it wasn't explained in the story that the original race were the nephilim (I recall someone finding that in a file full of unused dialogue). However, I did have a their that angels and demons were under cease-fire which would explain a few things.

And that makes me so mad that they didn't add in more pathways because testers got lost. I would literally look at the screen, seeing all those floating objects and thinking what I could pull and lift to make a new path. Such a waste.

Oh, and another question. Do you know if the game Alter Echo had any influence on DmC? I was looking at DmC and Alter Echo and they were very similar in a lot of ways but I just saw some stuff for Razer and I swear the game follows a similar aesthetic to Alter Echo (just less cartoonish and more realistic).

Here's my thread on how I thought Alter Echo was the basis of DmC (which I could be completely wrong about) and I would suggest you look at other videos of alter echo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blade8513

I made a thread about some Vergil's Downfall questions and another nice member linked me here so ill copy and paste my questions here :)

So after not playing DmC and Vergil's Downfall for like 2 years, and purchasing the DE recently, I finished my VD play through today and have a few questions.
1. Where does all this take place? "Eva" stated Vergil was dead, so was that an afterlife, purgatory, regular limbo or what? I don't believe it was ever stated where exactly these things take place.
2. Who/what were the things Vergil encountered? I am talking about the white Kat and Dante he encountered, what were those? I assume those were not the real versions of those characters? Yet when Vergil was talking to "Eva" he said he killed Dante, so Vergil certainly seemed to believe they were the real deal, which kind of confuses me.
3. Eva. Was that actually her? I want to say it was but then comes the question why did she tell Vergil not to leave her, the Imprisoner was gone, couldn't she just walk up the same stairs Vergil came down in to begin with? Or is she bound to that place for some reason?
4. Where did Hollow Vergil come from and what was/is he exactly? And was it always a part of Vergil but for some reason became separated when he "died" ? And was absorbing him what kind of sent him over the edge/made him completely evil?
5. I know that he became pretty much straight up evil by the end, but I still wonder, what on earth will he do now? Will he just become Mundus 2.0? Or is he just going to be set on revenge because Dante "betrayed" him?

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
  • Was there any other DLC/content that was planned, but didn't make it into the game? (Costumes, stages, weapons etc.)
  • Was the graphic novel style of Vergil's Downfall intentional or did time not allow for new CG scenes?
  • Was Definitive Edition due to all the backlash or was it always planned as the game was not running at full potential on X360/PS3?
Thanks for joining the forum~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom