• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

small story update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I didn't know this (but kinda expected it :p), thanks for sharing Berto!

Kammosjuttu

So you guys knew why Dante was in Limbo City and you didn't share? This is the first I've heard of it. Before this I didn't know if he'd just wondered in or was chased there by demons. If this is such common knowlege why is this the first I've heard of this? Where was it said before?

Like someone already pointed out beside my early comments, this info was one of the first things we got when DmC was announced. All this has been in Wikipedia, too, for a long time. But never mind that! It was good thing that you posted this here. It seems people who knew this took it for granted that everyone else knew it, too, so it's great you made this post and let the one's not knowing to read it, too. Thank you for that.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^
it does sound like vergil. With old friends and hell bent on revenge. But Tameem has said the hooded girl will be a strong part in the story

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Allow me to remind you that Dante was called Tony Redgrave in beginning stage of DmC. They changed name back to Dante later. So novel characters may be in the game.

Kammosjuttu

I heard about it somewhere that they had put the name Tony Redgrave on some info, but quickly changed it into Dante afterwards. I wonder why they did that?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think, Tony Redgrave (lol) was the starting name of the original Dante, when DMC was still going to be RE4. Didn't know that even DmC wanted their Dante to be named that as well..

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I heard about it somewhere that they had put the name Tony Redgrave on some info, but quickly changed it into Dante afterwards. I wonder why they did that?
Tony Redgrave is Dante's name in DMC novels. In DMC anime episode 8 he's also called Tony. It may be JUST a alias for Dante to hide from unwanted people or attention. In DMC 1 Eva the mother clearly said "Vergil, Dante , Happy birthday". Also the fact that DMC is inspired from the book "Dante's inferno".

Why they used Tony Redgrave? Probably thinking to use DMC novels to make the story.

I think, Tony Redgrave (lol) was the starting name of the original Dante, when DMC was still going to be RE4. Didn't know that even DmC wanted their Dante to be named that as well..
I doubt Tony Redgrave was the starting name of the original Dante because of what i said above in my post.

@ DmC story
I can't help but think of Arkham when i heard "What is your name".

Kammosjuttu

Yeah, Tony was Dante's starter name, but they changed it into Dante. That is probably the reason why they picked up the name Tony for Dante in the novel.
Some people say it was a mistake they put the name Tony in DmC info, some say the name will really make and appearance in the game and some say some whole other things. But the speed with which they deleted the name Tony from the info was funny as if it really wasn't mean to be shown to people.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm ganna go on a limb and assume that this trusted friend is that chick from the gameplay footage. So far she's the only other character we've seen at all.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I'm ganna go on a limb and assume that this trusted friend is that chick from the gameplay footage. So far she's the only orger character we've seen at all.
Same here. We see in DmC trailer that a object or a thing is after DmC Dante.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Hey im not against putting in aspects of the novel as it would be good way to draw fans back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom