• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should we not introduce lady in this franchise?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
think about it. kat and lady are very much alike and are even modeled similarly. and if a demon kicking bad ass is introduced (mind you trish han't even shown up yet) comes into the mix, wouldn't kat be rendered useless both as a partner and potential love interest?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
2nib0gk.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If it can be done in a way that actually makes sense, and isn't forced, then yeah, go for it.

I just have a problem when characters are just sorta shoe-horned into things for the sake of. The key players of DMC, Dante and Vergil, were present in DmC, along with the iconic first big ol' baddy Mundus. The story was sorta molded around the presence of those three (at least). Trying to pop characters into a story like that can be difficult, because either they end up feeling out of place, or they have to be changed too much in order for them to fit into the narrative. In the case of the latter, sometimes they could end up being so different that they might as well be new characters entirely :p

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Just keep Lady and Trish far away from DmC and nobody gets hurt.

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
no, because Kat is basically rebooted lady. She killed her father (who was possessed by demons or something, probably arkham-like character), her appearance is similar too, short short, with a tube in her back (a stencil thingy for Kat and Kalina-ann for Lady). Trish on the other hand....

hell, they could make trish a redhead!

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
In fact, Kat is a substitute for Lady and , the same way Trish was not needed anymore.Now we have the real Eva, so a clone of hers made nonsense in this reboot.
If you pay attention to details, DmC is a retelling of all DMC games in one story.
So, if they continue with this alternative universe, I hope to see new characters, not the same story over and over.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Kat uses magic to support her allies. Lady uses guns to make things she doesn't like die. Kat is sweet, shy and caring. Lady is a greedy, aggressive tsundere. the only things they have in common are vaugly similar backstories. both can exist in the same universe without any redundancy. the viability of Kat's abilities is not in any way affected by the number of fighters and she isn't really supposed to be Dante's love interest ( although she could become one and competition would make that more interesting) in fact i think both should exist in both universes.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I understand your reasoning but i disagree with it because it's like saying we dont need more female superheroes because we have wonder woman.

Kat shouldnt be Dante's only link to humanity or his only friend. If you wanna make a true ensemble cast you need people from different perspectives and all walks of life.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
no, because Kat is basically rebooted lady. She killed her father (who was possessed by demons or something, probably arkham-like character), her appearance is similar too, short short, with a tube in her back (a stencil thingy for Kat and Kalina-ann for Lady). Trish on the other hand....

hell, they could make trish a redhead!

if trish is a red head...lets just say dante's gonna have more fun than actual work...

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I understand your reasoning but i disagree with it because it's like saying we dont need more female superheroes because we have wonder woman.

Kat shouldnt be Dante's only link to humanity or his only friend. If you wanna make a true ensemble cast you need people from different perspectives and all walks of life.

i'm not saying that. i'm saying that we can't successfully introduce a character like lady into the new universe and do her character justice, without giving kat a big bag of "**** you". i love lady. but i don't see her fitting well into the new universe now that we already have kat. no where did i say that we shouldn't introduce characters like trish and lucia

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
lol, I actually don't mind one way or the other. But I do agree that it would be best to not have Lady in this particular series.

Besides, Dante can always train Kat in the 'Way of the Demon Hunter'.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Kat uses magic to support her allies. Lady uses guns to make things she doesn't like die. Kat is sweet, shy and caring. Lady is a greedy, aggressive tsundere. the only things they have in common are vaugly similar backstories. both can exist in the same universe without any redundancy. the viability of Kat's abilities is not in any way affected by the number of fighters and she isn't really supposed to be Dante's love interest ( although she could become one and competition would make that more interesting) in fact i think both should exist in both universes.
And for those reasons you stated are why I want Lady in the DmC games. I think there's room for her in them as well as Kat.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Gotta disagree with Kat being Lady in any way shape or form. Having the same hair doesn't make her a rebooted Lady, nor does having something slung over her back - otherwise it'd be a similar instance of Nero being a rebooted Dante (same hair and a sword over the back :p). Kat and Lady's backgrounds might seem similar by having an evil father, but Arkham was just a human obsessed with demonology, while Kat's foster father was an actual demon. Certainly, they both grew up to fight demons, but in very different ways, one as a demon hunter, and one as a psychic.

Kat fills an interesting role that's a happy medium between what we've seen non-Sons of Sparda characters take on; she's not a femme fatale (Trish, Lady), but she's also not simply a regular gal caught up in everything (Kyrie).

And c'mon, if Kat was supposed to be "reboot Lady," wouldn't they have given her the name Lady/Mary? Every other character from the classic series has a DmC counterpart named after them for the reboot, why would they not do the same for someone as iconic as Lady was?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
And for those reasons you stated are why I want Lady in the DmC games. I think there's room for her in them as well as Kat.

A tough-as-nails type is always nice to have :p

Although you don't wanna just shoehorn them in there. If it's not organic, it'll just feel iffy. But hey! They can probably do it if they really tried, just gotta have faith.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well... I kind of considered Nero to be the "official replacement" when DMC4 came out. In fact, the entire game was supposed be nothing but Nero, until Capcom heard the fan backlash and squeezed "Alcoholic 5 o' clock shadow Dante" in at the last minute.

Top Bottom