• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should there be a limit to the fanservice?

Viper

Premium
Since the main selling point of games like DMC and MGS is not fanservice, it's not fair to mix them with DOA which makes everyone think of bouncy boobs first.
Game industry is run by corporations these days, and the audience they cater to is no longer made of just hardcore gamers, but also of people looking for entertainment. And fact is, folks like looking at pretty people. They like to think about these pretty people beyond the game, create fanart and fanfiction, thus expanding its fame and raking the company more profit. Granted, a pretty face on its own won't take it far, but do you think so many people would keep asking for more without it?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Here are some examples, Final Fantasy, Dead or Alive, Bayonta, DMC, Residant Evil, Meteriod, Tekken, Street Fighter, Halo, MGS, and even Star Fox is guilty of this. Granted that last one is specific for a group of people, but no judgements.
Somehow I doubt either Rare or Nintendo conceived Krystal with the intent of pandering to furries. That...just seems unlikely, given their track record, especially Nintendo.

I don't think anyone could've predicted the...sigh..."internet phenomenon" that would follow Krystal's debut.

AceofSpades

Lord of the Void
Somehow I doubt either Rare or Nintendo conceived Krystal with the intent of pandering to furries. That...just seems unlikely, given their track record, especially Nintendo.

I don't think anyone could've predicted the...sigh..."internet phenomenon" that would follow Krystal's debut.
oh boy
do not turn off your filter. lol

Top Bottom