• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should I buy I new xbox 360?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I have a Ps3 now, but as we all know old habits die hard.

My original Xbox360 broke and I wasn't going through the drama to get it fixed, so now it sits in my closet collecting dust.

That being said I have the money to buy another one, so should I? I don't want anymore RRoD's.

I kinda want to so if anyone can persuade me before I turn to the dark side( Soul Cailber character pun)and stick with my Ps3.

If you can persuade me to buy another three sixty then I'll also join the good side of the force. ( Soul Cailber character pun)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
/Jedi Mind Trick/ 'You do want a new 360'

Only get one if you actually want one. If you don't, then don't. If you're afraid it might get the RROD again, then you'll be even more ****ed if it does. The only one buying it at the end of the day, is you. Get if you want, you need no persuasion :)

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
You know if you call Microsoft Customer Support they fix the RRoD and give you a brand new 360 back... free of charge.

Also the newer 360s should have a Jasper chip(I think it's called that), and Microsoft claims this has cured the RRoD. Either way if a 360 dies on you, you can get a brand new one back for free. I have been through about 4 360s, but at least I didn't have to pay for a new one.

The choce is really up to you...

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, you should contact Microsoft and see if they can repair your old one first. But, at the end of the day concider what games (360 exclusive) ones you actually want. I did that when concidering the purchase between 360 and PS3 and I decided the 360 because I STILL can't think of more than 10 PS3 exclusives that I would want ^^

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The chances of a new 360 getting RROD are greatly reduced nowadays compared to the older models because they are manufactuaring them a lot better now. We've had 3 and only one has died - that one was a first generation 360 and even then it took over a year to have issues and Microsoft fixed it straight away for us.

If you want a 360 then I'd recommend going for it - but if you're not fussed either way then save your money and buy something you're really interested in having.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Id definately get one, got a hell of a lot of great titles on it and well worth the money. Also been reduced in price and a real bargain now. As Angel said the RROD chances are quite reduced now but make sure you store it well. If it does get it (ive had it once in 3 years and it was a first generation core system from launch) can get it repaired for free anyway and only takes around 6-8 days to come back. That reminds me ive got to organise some games of Left 4 Dead on Xbox Live with some friends and get back into Call Of Duty 4 online again before Modern Warfare 2 comes out in November.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I already have a Ps3 three, so if the new one dies then I'll just throw it away.

I'm not doing repairs.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;167229 said:
I already have a Ps3 three, so if the new one dies then I'll just throw it away.

I'm not doing repairs.

Electronics can always break, been through many consoles in my time. 2 Amigas, 2 Playstations, 2 PS2's and had a repair on my 360. Ironically out of all these the one that has the worst reputation for reliability (the 360) was actually the easiest, cheapest and quickest to get sorted. Out of all the rest i had to buy new ones but that was fixed for free so no complaints at all from me. Also before anyone asks i take great care of my consoles and they arent badly stored or bashed around or anything, merely just developed faults through no human fault. My Atari, N64, and original Xbox are all still going strong though and had no problems. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;167243 said:
My ps1 and ps2 never broke.:p

Mine did, with the same problem in both. Cheap lasers that either mechanism broke (had to turn PS1 upside down to work) or just wouldnt read discs like my PS2 disc read error over and over. Technically ive had 3 PS2's though gave my slimline silver one to my sisters as a DVD player as i hadnt used it for ages and it was getting in the way.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;167252 said:
Your slim broke too?

I never owned a fat one.

No only two of them broke (one i had at launch and another i bought afterwards), the 3rd WAS my slim one and thats currently in my sisters room being used as a DVD player. My second PS1 makes some unhealthy disc reading noises too and fails to read some games a couple of times before they run, wasnt that much of a problem though.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;167438 said:
More to the point, which 360 is the best?

The Elite id say as it has the newest chipsets in it and the biggest Hard Drive plus a HDMI port. Plus black just looks more cool than white.

Dark Drakan

Admin
BringerOfChaos888;167588 said:
Whats this Jasper Chip I'm hearing about?

Jasper features a 65nm design of the older chipset that uses ATI’s Xenos graphics and IBM’s Xenon CPU. Jasper requires less power, and has a more simplified cooling system, and also produces less noise. I think since Jasper they have started designing 2 more chipsets (Opus and Valhalla i believe) with improvements. They do it to lower production costs and improve reliability and efficiency.

Top Bottom