• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

sequel already being planned

Nelo_Vergil

tumblr_lqz73uxLsg1r03wbe.gif

lol thanks for reminding me xD

somekidfromthe90's

i don't think that DmC 2 is set in stone their probably just pitching the idea...no company even a money grubbing one like capcom is THAT bloated.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah, i think they are talking about the original series, since DmC hasn't even come out and they wouldn't make a sequel to a game that they don't know the outcome of.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

personally i cant see the problem.....cuz DmC will be awesome and frankly i dont want to wait another 3 to 4 years to play DmC2....so for me its smart thinking ahead not just for the moment....:)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It would be smart to do DMC5. The reboot got new fans attention and the HD collection gave those new fans, as well as old ones, something to play. DmC, when it's finally released, will also attract more people (assuming it's good). Then when DMC5 is announced, the people who never heard of DMC until the reboot will be like: "Oh! Let me check this out! :D" Then DmC2 can come out a couple years later. DMC will have it's own fans and DmC will have it's own fans, but there will be overlap as well.

Bam. Capcom makes lots of money.

To bad that makes too much sense for Capcom. :shifty:

Capcom? More like Trollcom amirite? >_>

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I would MUCH rather they release the game and have some good story-based DLC release a few months after.
I may keep bringing this up, but Borderlands sets a pretty good example.

Nelo_Vergil

I would MUCH rather they release the game and have some good story-based DLC release a few months after.
I may keep bringing this up, but Borderlands sets a pretty good example.

the thing with that idea is as smart as it is many people will claim that it should've already been in the game and all sorts of theories. It's great for money making but like i said there are always people with some crack pot theory on things they don't know. I know a few people here that would scream foul instantly.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Kubo can plan but his execution and pacing sucks. Guy needs to read more one piece to see how its done.

on topic, they jumped the gun in what could have been avoidable.

i'm pretty sure i dont want both dmcs to be active since i got to conserve money and capcom has no idea what to do with dmc5.

Nelo_Vergil

Kubo can plan but his execution and pacing sucks. Guy needs to read more one piece to see how its done.

on topic, they jumped the gun in what could have been avoidable.

i'm pretty sure i dont want both dmcs to be active since i got to conserve money and capcom has no idea what to do with dmc5.

are you reading the new arc? his pacing has vastly improved. though his art style is well it doesn't fit the mood anymore

berto

I Saw the Devil
With the three major fights going on it gets irritating having to wait a week till the next chapter.

All DMC games after 1 had the next one beggin development right after or during the previous one. DMC2 started development even even before DMC1 was out. That's Capcom's way of doing things, rush 'em out, make us that money!

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Berto's right.
I just learned that DMC4 was announced less than six months after DMC3 was released. At least they're being transparent with us this time.

Azurel

It would be smart to do DMC5. The reboot got new fans attention and the HD collection gave those new fans, as well as old ones, something to play. DmC, when it's finally released, will also attract more people (assuming it's good). Then when DMC5 is announced, the people who never heard of DMC until the reboot will be like: "Oh! Let me check this out! :D" Then DmC2 can come out a couple years later. DMC will have it's own fans and DmC will have it's own fans, but there will be overlap as well.

Bam. Capcom makes lots of money.

To bad that makes too much sense for Capcom. :shifty:

It would most likely be a lower end game --such as the Vita perhaps-- to cut costs.

I couldn't help but notice your reaction:

"DEATH TO DmC2! Obvious money-grab!!"

"Oh wait, it's the original series?? Hmm...that's not so bad.They're artists because they bow to the will of the fans! TAKE MY MONEY CAPCOM!!"

No one here has played DmC yet. Before we dismiss the sequel, lets take a look at how the original plays.

If there is a DMC5, it will most likely center on Vergil, because that's what fans have been asking for since 3. But, so as not to alienate potential new fans, they gave us Nero....a watered down, Vergil runt-thing. But it sold the most out of all the games so far, so it worked, either way.

You know what would work as a sequel? That phantom thing running Nero through in the back with his sword and saying, "Scum" before he materializes as Vergil, leaving Nero to die.

Plot hole fix: "He was merely a vessel to be used until enough power could be gained to break free."

When I say "vessel" I mean, "third son of Sparda, reincarnation of Vergil or *shudder* Vergil's son-- since it was confirmed by Sanctus in game that Nero had Sparda's blood but it wasn't as strong as Dante's. This is probably due to the fact since Dante has a good human heart, it made his demonic side stronger....or something. Vergil rid himself of his humanity, therefore making him "weaker" in the end....'cause he had nothing to fight for or whatever blablabla.

Dante wants revenge for Nero's "death" and they have their real final battle. Vergil wins. He takes over the world. The friggin' end.

Vergil wins because Nero's love for Kyrie gave him more power or something, while Dante himself has never been in love. Vergil doesn't like Kyrie, but he uses the power of feelings to charge himself up for the final battle. It's stupid, but he still wins, so, it makes no difference.

Look, I get it. If they make DMC5, great. Then DmC will have it's own fans or the new series will be discontinued or forgotten altogether to get away from the bad press. If not, well, then it's DmC2 only then. If that happens, well, just don't get your hopes up.

Either way, DMC5 may actually ruin Vergil if it comes to light....just saying. AVAILABLE ON YOUR IPOD FOR 99 CENTS. DOWNLOAD YOUR "AZURE APP" TODAY!

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
My head burns of what's going to be in DMC 5.
I don't how the hell they can still continue it.About vergil? Or Sparda?

Top Bottom