• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sephiroth vs Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
BringerOfChaos;140709 said:
He still lost.

lol. he might be cool and all with the silver hair but he still lost.~_~

Wait, doesn't Dante always fight a multitude of bosses before going up to the head honcho boss? thought so.

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
sephiroth is supposed to be this epic legendary fighter, he has cunning and this amazing fighting abilities to the best that he can, he wields his sword with ease but has no otherworldly attributes but that doesnt mean that he would have the ability to beat dante whi is in effect not entireley human, he has an ability to use his strong demon half to win. his use of his demon half to help him win but sephiroth might just edge forward because of his ability to just intimidate the est of us.

aka958

Don't trust people
you know that sephiroth can just use his Katana and chop dantes head off. everyone pierce or slash him but never take a prt of him away. well dante can do the same but sephiroth got a longer sword :p

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Nova;140754 said:
sephiroth is supposed to be this epic legendary fighter, he has cunning and this amazing fighting abilities to the best that he can, he wields his sword with ease but has no otherworldly attributes but that doesnt mean that he would have the ability to beat dante whi is in effect not entireley human, he has an ability to use his strong demon half to win. his use of his demon half to help him win but sephiroth might just edge forward because of his ability to just intimidate the est of us.

I love explaining this!:lol:

Sephiroth's body is in a crystal in northern cave, the Sephiroth you fight is made of pure spirit energy formed into his image thru his own willpower and Jenova's influence.

You cannot truly hurt such a being. The reason that he lost at the end of 7 was because he could not fight Cloud and company AND stop holy. He then loses to Cloud in a mental battle because Cloud gets over his fear and because Sephiroth is drained by the earlier fight.
In advent children he is still just a part of Clouds subconscious that feels guilty about what happened to Arith, and that darkness allowed part of Sephiroth to come back but once Cloud resolved his issue with Arith's death Sephiroth couldn't enter his mind anymore and had to disappear. But he could be back.

Anyway, at full power Sephiroth PWNS the DMC cast.:lol:
Oh my god...

No FF character could beat Dante... do we really need another one of these?

^This was just narrow minded.

Kyo

medicated insanity
take into consideration dante and sephiroths personaltie and moves.

sephiroth is known to be in one spot, then appear in another.
considering how dante isn't pron to teleport, or anything near that manner.

o_O i would think seppy-poo(xDD) would pawn x's 100!

Kaihedgie

Dante would win to be honest. I know that Sephiroth hasn't ever exerted his full power, thus, he's a lot more powerful than he appears to be in battle, yet for some reason, he never goes full force, and because of it, has lost to Cloud twice in his most powerful incarnations. However, Dante has conquered the highest demons of hell as well as the Emperor himself and he only ever seems to get more powerful till DMC2 where he could be practically called invincible for real. Dante can brush off hits that would normally kill a man, having been impaled by his own sword of choice three times in a row and the fact that he has become so powerful on his own without external forces (Devil Arms don't count as the selection is inconsistent) proves his worth. Sephiroth on the other hand, obtained his power by absorbing Jenova, his supposed mother.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Black Angel;140802 said:
I love explaining this!:lol:

Sephiroth's body is in a crystal in northern cave, the Sephiroth you fight is made of pure spirit energy formed into his image thru his own willpower and Jenova's influence.

You cannot truly hurt such a being. The reason that he lost at the end of 7 was because he could not fight Cloud and company AND stop holy. He then loses to Cloud in a mental battle because Cloud gets over his fear and because Sephiroth is drained by the earlier fight.
In advent children he is still just a part of Clouds subconscious that feels guilty about what happened to Arith, and that darkness allowed part of Sephiroth to come back but once Cloud resolved his issue with Arith's death Sephiroth couldn't enter his mind anymore and had to disappear. But he could be back.

Anyway, at full power Sephiroth PWNS the DMC cast.:lol:

Not totally PWN, but i totally agree with Bringer and IceDigger...no FF character could beat Dante, but Sephiroth would bring up one hell of a fight...I mean, come on! please...stop putting up threads like this, its pointless to resist a fact....~_~

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
wait, how do you people know Sephiroth only used "Hey uh, he just used 10% of this, 1% of this...90% of that..."

I mean, did the game really tell it? I'm sorry, i've played FF7 before when I was in grade school and now its all amiss. please help me remember...

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Well no, the game doesn't tell you that but holy was an immense power and Sephiroth would have needed allot of power to hold it back.

Kyo

medicated insanity
it kinda depend's.
if your talking about THEM fighting or if your talking about playing as one of them on a game where they both fight.

if your talking about playing as them i would consider sephiroth the winner, seeing as how on KH2 when you fought him before telling cloud about his where abouts, you will find he's rather defacult to beat.(takeing into consideration sora doesn't acttualy "beat" sep)

dante? in a game where you fought him i would consider him to be some-what like vergil, but with his own moves.
thus, if you ask me vergil on DMD mode wasn't nearly as defacult to ME as sephiroth was on KH2.

but, hey its just me right?

Kyo

medicated insanity
Black Angel;141345 said:
Sephiroth was MUCH harder and more epic a fight.:lol:

hm, seems i did get threw to atleast one person.
major goal acomplished!:cool:

Kaihedgie

Kyo;141346 said:
hm, seems i did get threw to atleast one person.
major goal acomplished!:cool:

Dante as a boss is MUCH tougher. B'fore anyone tries to berate me, yes, I have fought KH2 Sephiroth, and he's fairly easy to beat with the right stuff. Dante however, has the uncanny ability to deftly counter every single melee attack you throw at him, plus he can trap you in a long and powerful combo as well

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Kaihedgie;141358 said:
Dante as a boss is MUCH tougher. B'fore anyone tries to berate me, yes, I have fought KH2 Sephiroth, and he's fairly easy to beat with the right stuff. Dante however, has the uncanny ability to deftly counter every single melee attack you throw at him, plus he can trap you in a long and powerful combo as well

Im not berating you....but even WITH the right stuff, Sep is EXTREMELY EXTREMELY hard. Fighting Dante on DMC4 was more cooler cause...hell, the boss is the PROTAGONIST of DMC....the guy you played with from 1 to 3. Quite cool. Sep KH2 fight was ABNORMALLY hard but not as epic as the Dante fight nor FF7's Safer Sep fight (this is the most epic fight in gaming history). Dante boss fight isnt hard....hes just freaking cheap as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom