• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Sanctus

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I know Sanctus was never a perfect boss. But how would you change Sanctus? If his final form wasn't so small?

He should be in Nero's size shirtless wielding Sparda's sword.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I personally would've loved if he didn't use that sissy-ass bubble all the time. Make him gain a more youthful appearance. Black hair/beard, shorter beard, lose the priest robes and wield that Sparda sword like a mofo.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd probably have the savior power de-age him, make him younger and more relient on his sword skills.

Also give him a seraphim style angel form.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd probably have the savior power de-age him, make him younger and more relient on his sword skills.

Also give him a seraphim style angel form.

I'd be happy for that!

Sanctus should grow young as the final boss. Maybe Dante could join in the battle for a teamup.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
yeah he could be younger although its been a while since i fought him i swear he had alot of cheap moves

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Sanctus was a GRADE A... A for ar$e... pain in the...
the grappling, the bubble everything... i'd change everything about sanctus, in fact i would never have stuck a boss like him in the game in the first place

Laurence Barnes

Premium
Sanctus was a GRADE A... A for ar$e... pain in the...
the grappling, the bubble everything... i'd change everything about sanctus, in fact i would never have stuck a boss like him in the game in the first place
i know all his cheap shot moves from what i remember really suck!!!

Demon619

Deadman walking
Have him have a actual angel form like the other members of the order in the game, I was disappointed that he looked nearly the same while the other two had an epic angel/demon form to fight.

Also diching that annoying bubble and fighting me face to face would have been nice as well.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
Have him have a actual angel form like the other members of the order in the game, I was disappointed that he looked nearly the same while the other two had an epic angel/demon form to fight.

Also diching that annoying bubble and fighting me face to face would have been nice as well.
good old one on one fights

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Maybe he could have his own badass angel form like Credo. And he couldve been a bit younger too, it wasnt very fun fightning an old man :/ it also would be nice if he wasnt hiding in his bubble for most of the battle...that was beyond annouying -_-

ZeroLove

Sanctus looked like a Final Fantasy boss to me. Once a fragile looking bishop suddenly turned into a big monster, or rather, merged into one. It reminds me of the many forms of Seymour in Final Fantasy X.

Seymour_Natus_FFX.jpg
It's not how I imagined a Devil May Cry boss to look like. I applaud Capcom for trying something new and different, but it just didn't felt as epic as when fighting Mundus, Argosax or Arkham who were these big monstrous beings that looked like demonic entities. In the end, Sanctus was just a human who couldn't handle the power given to him. Even Arius who was also human turned into this awesome big monster in the Lucia storyline of Devil May Cry 2 and he is considered one of the weaker designs of the whole series. I liked that you had to fight that huge statue of Sparda, but it just didn't feel like an end boss battle.​

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Sanctus looked like a Final Fantasy boss to me. Once a fragile looking bishop suddenly turned into a big monster, or rather, merged into one. It reminds me of the many forms of Seymour in Final Fantasy X.

Seymour_Natus_FFX.jpg
It's not how I imagined a Devil May Cry boss to look like. I applaud Capcom for trying something new and different, but it just didn't felt as epic as when fighting Mundus, Argosax or Arkham who were these big monstrous beings that looked like demonic entities. In the end, Sanctus was just a human who couldn't handle the power given to him. Even Arius who was also human turned into this awesome big monster in the Lucia storyline of Devil May Cry 2 and he is considered one of the weaker designs of the whole series. I liked that you had to fight that huge statue of Sparda, but it just didn't feel like an end boss battle.​

OMG, when you mentioned Seymour, I instantly connected him with Sanctus. They are both boring/weak/cheap/never give up.

Seymour is my worst boss in FF10 and Sanctus is the same concerning DMC4. They both have that "we are useless but we keep returning" thing, and their battles are only hard because of some annoying reason like Sanctus'sphere or Seymour's summons etc.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Well, Sanctus has a awesome final form. He turns into the savior with his own face. (even though 3 attacks with the devil bringer killes him). epic?

Top Bottom