• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rumor: Firearms Will Overheat In DmC, Possible Playable Demo At E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
why must a good thing ALWAYS be sullied?
overheating guns + demons = me about to DT

Bubbarocks07

well, first it would look cool,lol, second it was too fake for me if you kept on shooting for hours. THey also didnt say how long it takes to overheat.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Doesn't the shotgun in previous games have a reload? (well, not manual reload. Automatic) It's the reason I don't use it, just don't have the patience. I'd rather use the handguns, no reload and you can use them to your hearts contents.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Doesn't the shotgun in previous games have a reload? (well, not manual reload. Automatic) It's the reason I don't use it, just don't have the patience. I'd rather use the handguns, no reload and you can use them to your hearts contents.

It had a part where Dante puts more shells in before he fires, yes. But honestly it's such a small pause that it doesn't even matter. It's more effective than the handguns, hands down.

Asmodaius

To me it seems like people just want Dante to be immortal and untouchable, have endless rounds in his guns and can kill everything just by entering a room. It's like you are afraid of getting a challenge put in front of you, because you simply don't bother, and then you start to bitch about it on the internet.

Making the guns overheat means you have to rethink your strategy instead of standing in a corner and just shoot everything down. I rarely used the guns in the past games for that exact reason. It just seemed like an extremely cheap way of getting through the game, not to mention boring and uninteresting. So I find this new feature rather interesting and I think it will bring some new life into the gunslinger style.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
who's bitching about it? I don't see anyone bitching about it.
I see a debate. but oh no, because someone doesn't agree, they're bad mouthing it. AGAIN... Typical... :rolleyes:

In previous DMC games you have to adapt your gameplay going through the difficulties anyway. Hand guns are a great use at long distance, but I prefer close combat. Button mashing ftw!

Asmodaius

Oh no, don't get me wrong, people can disagree all they want. I just feel like the general attitude of those who oppose the new DMC to be bitchy. Instead of trying to be open-minded and see how it will play out, they have already deemed the game to be crap. That's the bitchiness I am talking about.

A fine healthy debate is something I am all in for.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Wait wait wait.

People used guns for more than merely keeping enemies juggled in the air?
I'm not seeing a problem here, just means you can't sub out your sword and use just guns for the entire game and that to make them useful, you'd have to tie them into combos.

C'mon, the fact that you could very easily stagger an enemy with your sword in maybe a couple hits, and keep them staggered for the entirety of the fight by endlessly pumping lead into them was ridiculous and also part of the reason why I rarely used them.

That's probably the only bad point I can throw at DMC 3, the guns were stupidly overpowered.

Pleasure

Just the man with the gun.
I think that if lady was playable and she had to reload than people wouldn't care since it make sense for her to do so.
That's besides the goddamn point. Lady won't be featured. Whatsoever. This is the story of Tony Redgrave, not the white-haired Dante you all know and love; he doesn't even have Ebony & Ivory at this point (or at least, he shouldn't). Those two are made for him especially after he goes through several sets of guns because of his ridiculous firing rate. Thus, the overheating feature makes perfect sense to me.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I think that if lady was playable and she had to reload than people wouldn't care since it make sense for her to do so.
i would love that
That's besides the goddamn point. Lady won't be featured. Whatsoever. This is the story of Tony Redgrave, not the white-haired Dante you all know and love; he doesn't even have Ebony & Ivory at this point (or at least, he shouldn't). Those two are made for him especially after he goes through several sets of guns because of his ridiculous firing rate. Thus, the overheating feature makes perfect sense to me.
didn't kno that part, now that's more understandable

Asmodaius

You don't know if Lady will make an appearance or not. And you don't know if this game's story is about Tony Redgrave or not. So please stop trying to tell people otherwise.

And if you really do know, show those sources of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom